#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post
    Casey is not a good NBA head coach. Many of us have been saying that for years. Winning or not winning. I have never seen us being able to take the next step with Casey. Respectability sure, but championship level, no. With our roster we need all the help / any advantage we can getand mist nights we don't have a head coach advantage.
    This isn't a championship caliber roster. You just said that. No coach can change that. We need more help personnel wise. The Celts have a pretty damn good coach by most measures, but he isn't getting a ring with that roster either.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
      Casey is not a good NBA head coach. Many of us have been saying that for years. Winning or not winning. I have never seen us being able to take the next step with Casey. Respectability sure, but championship level, no. With our roster we need all the help / any advantage we can getand mist nights we don't have a head coach advantage.
      Casey is like the Derozan of coaches, he can do a few things really well but has glaring holes here and there that prevents him from greatness.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        And just like 2 offseasons ago after they got swept by the Wiz, he'll probably say - we need to add a rim protector/defensive anchor inside.

We had one last year and you just let him walk away. Idiot.
        The problem was the cost. $18million . If MU could have got him for8-10million he might have been able to swing it. Probably would have cost us TRoss but given how things have played out I think we would have been better to have BB over TR.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          The problem was the cost. $18million . If MU could have got him for8-10million he might have been able to swing it. Probably would have cost us TRoss but given how things have played out I think we would have been better to have BB over TR.
          No, it was still the right move. You have to take the long view, everyone's panicking in a mid-season slump.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            But it is Casey's fault that he's waited 51 games into the season to deliver that message to Cory, while Powell and FVV are starving for minutes.
            One of Caseys pluses (and he has more than one ) is the ability to read his players. Wether it's giving Sullinger minutes in Boston so he can show Boston the mistake they made or letting Lowry not take team flights into Philly he can read what the situation merits and makes the players feel he has their interests balanced with the overall teams...a players coach. He hung with Corey as long as he could hoping Joseph would play his way out of an inexplicably bad year...but Corey didn't and with the poor stretch the Raps are on it was time to put the balance back in place.....so a little pine time for a guy who wasn't helping. Nobody knows he isn't meeting expectations more than CoJo. Casey will give him a chance to get his spot back but Joseph is going to have to earn it and show he is light years better than what we have seen so far this year.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
              One of Caseys pluses (and he has more than one ) is the ability to read his players. Wether it's giving Sullinger minutes in Boston so he can show Boston the mistake they made or letting Lowry not take team flights into Philly he can read what the situation merits and makes the players feel he has their interests balanced with the overall teams...a players coach. He hung with Corey as long as he could hoping Joseph would play his way out of an inexplicably bad year...but Corey didn't and with the poor stretch the Raps are on it was time to put the balance back in place.....so a little pine time for a guy who wasn't helping. Nobody knows he isn't meeting expectations more than CoJo. Casey will give him a chance to get his spot back but Joseph is going to have to earn it and show he is light years better than what we have seen so far this year.
              No doubt Casey is a master at people skills, especially when using the carrot and positive reinforcement as tools to motivate. Casey truly seems a geniunely nice person, from all accounts. The question is how good is he at using the stick? That's often what you need to get players to play defense.

Everything will return to normal once Derozan & Pat return, no doubt. But I was really hoping that this stretch of injuries would prove irrefutably that Casey's an upper echelon coach, adapting his strategy and substitutions to the available personnel. Now everybody is questioning the talent depth on the roster, beyond Lowry and DD, which isn't great as the trade deadline approaches.
              Last edited by golden; Mon Feb 6, 2017, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• I have been a Casey supporter for the longest time and still am. But even I don't think he is in the upper echelon. He's a good coach but not an elite strategist.

Much like the drop off between the contenders (Cav's, Warriors, Spurs) and everyone else in the league, I would suggest there an equal drop off between Popovich and everyone else.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  I have been a Casey supporter for the longest time and still am. But even I don't think he is in the upper echelon. He's a good coach but not an elite strategist.

Much like the drop off between the contenders (Cav's, Warriors, Spurs) and everyone else in the league, I would suggest there an equal drop off between Popovich and everyone else.
                  So where would you rank Casey? Better/worse than Stevens, SVG, Vogel, Spoelstra, Bud, Clifford, ..... for example?

Comment

So where would you rank Casey? Better/worse than Stevens, SVG, Vogel, Spoelstra, Bud, Clifford, ..... for example?
                    I'd put Pop and Carlisle up there at the top.

Then there are a bunch of good coaches which includes Casey in my opinion. Stevens, SVG, Vogel, Bud, Clifford etc. all look good at times, none of them are able to compensate for a lack of talented players. Some are good with strategy, some are good with getting their players to play hard for them. Stevens looked pretty mediocre when IT was injured, as is Casey while DeMar and 2Pat are out.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                      I'd put Pop and Carlisle up there at the top.

Then there are a bunch of good coaches which includes Casey in my opinion. Stevens, SVG, Vogel, Bud, Clifford etc. all look good at times, none of them are able to compensate for a lack of talented players. Some are good with strategy, some are good with getting their players to play hard for them. Stevens looked pretty mediocre when IT was injured, as is Casey while DeMar and 2Pat are out.
                      Fair overall. But I'd definitely rank Stevens ahead of Casey, because of IT. Firstly, Stevens only has 1 scoring star, whereas Casey has 2. And secondly, Thomas is doing something mind-boggling. He's having an offensive season for the ages, on par with Jordan, Lebron and Durant in terms of efficiency and offensive load. Look at this. USG > 33% / ORTG > 120. It's only been done a few times over a whole season in the history of the NBA.

Comment

Fair overall. But I'd definitely rank Stevens ahead of Casey, because of IT. Firstly, Stevens only has 1 scoring star, whereas Casey has 2. And secondly, Thomas is doing something mind-boggling. He's having an offensive season for the ages, on par with Jordan, Lebron and Durant in terms of efficiency and offensive load. Look at this. USG > 33% / ORTG > 120. It's only been done a few times over a whole season in the history of the NBA.

I don't think you could ask for any more out of Boston's rosters, either last year's or this year's, than Stevens gets out of them. At a really basic level that's what I look for in a coach, is the roster below/meeting/exceeding expectations? Stevens, given a bit of time, consistently has maxed out the talent on his roster imho. I'd put him a notch above Casey.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I thought Vogel out coached Casey last year. And if not for JV beasting, we would have lost to them in round 1. As others have mentioned possibly leading ttil the team to have gone in another direction relative to their commitment to DD, KL and DC

Comment

• yep

Comment

• Can we trade Casey for Vogel?

Comment

• There's no defending him tonight.

This guy's trash. There's a reason this thread is 250+ pages long.

Comment

Working...
                                X