Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • http://www.tsn.ca/video/carroll-hope...layoffs~839148

    for those of you that havent seen it yet !!
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

    Comment


    • Seems like the organization had a legitimate process and plan and worked cohesively between management, coaching and training staff to set out a timetable for his return. So perhaps there is competency there and other things are being handled in a logical manner as well.

      Comment


      • JWash wrote: View Post
        Seems like the organization had a legitimate process and plan and worked cohesively between management, coaching and training staff to set out a timetable for his return. So perhaps there is competency there and other things are being handled in a logical manner as well.
        I have absolutely no issue with the approach taken the second time around - lots of rest, taking time coming back and easing up when even a small hiccup occurred. The first time around not so much...
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • DanH wrote: View Post
          I have absolutely no issue with the approach taken the second time around - lots of rest, taking time coming back and easing up when even a small hiccup occurred. The first time around not so much...
          What first time around?

          Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • JWash wrote: View Post
            What first time around?

            Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
            You don't recall? How he started the season playing way more minutes than he ever has before, missed time with PF (like a week...), came back and played career high minutes right away (again), then injured his knee from compensating for the PF (which was still there) and again missed time. Then was brought back, clearly still hurting, until he was finally shut down and had surgery.

            I have no issues with the way they've approached it since the surgery. Prior to that it was a mess.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              You don't recall? How he started the season playing way more minutes than he ever has before, missed time with PF (like a week...), came back and played career high minutes right away (again), then injured his knee from compensating for the PF (which was still there) and again missed time. Then was brought back, clearly still hurting, until he was finally shut down and had surgery.

              I have no issues with the way they've approached it since the surgery. Prior to that it was a mess.
              I don't see how it was a mess so much as bad luck?

              Comment


              • Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
                whose ever done an ice tub?
                i did it for rugby ... never seen so much terror in people's eyes before they enter
                I did it for the exact same sport.

                I definitely was one of those terrified people before going in. I've done it a few times and that terrified feeling beforehand still didn't go away.
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

                Comment


                • JWash wrote: View Post
                  I don't see how it was a mess so much as bad luck?
                  You don't see how bringing him back when the PF was still bothering him, and playing him more minutes than he'd ever played in his career, and it leading to an entirely predictable injury because of that, is more than just bad luck?
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post
                    You don't see how bringing him back when the PF was still bothering him, and playing him more minutes than he'd ever played in his career, and it leading to an entirely predictable injury because of that, is more than just bad luck?
                    No, I don't. They rested him and must've concurred with the medical staff that it was ok to have him out there playing. If they had some bad luck or that diagnosis proved to be off then that's unfortunate, doesn't mean that management is a mess.

                    Comment


                    • JWash wrote: View Post
                      No, I don't. They rested him and must've concurred with the medical staff that it was ok to have him out there playing. If they had some bad luck or that diagnosis proved to be off then that's unfortunate, doesn't mean that management is a mess.
                      No medical staff in the world would advocate for Carroll to return after one week of rest for PF.

                      And we have it from the horse's mouth that at some point this season prior to his surgery, Carroll was playing when Alex McKechnie wanted him held out of game action.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • DanH wrote: View Post
                        No medical staff in the world would advocate for Carroll to return after one week of rest for PF.

                        And we have it from the horse's mouth that at some point this season prior to his surgery, Carroll was playing when Alex McKechnie wanted him held out of game action.
                        I think it's become quite clear that the problem is McKechnie is not being given autonomy and the respect that his status in the industry should command. I imagine it goes something like this:

                        Alex: carroll/lowry/etc shouldn't play right now
                        Dwane: but CAN he play
                        Alex: well..yes, but rest really is the best medici-
                        Dwane: that's not what I asked you doc
                        Alex: *sigh*
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • JWash wrote: View Post
                          Idk how that's clear. Sounds like guessing games to me. There's no reason for the coaching staff to ignore the medical team.
                          No reason, agreed, but that doesn't mean that aren't (with Lowry) or haven't already (with Carroll).

                          Some related words from Carroll

                          http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...can-be-he-man/

                          DeMarre Carroll didn’t want to have surgery on the right knee that had been screaming at him for nearly two months; he didn’t even want to come out of the starting lineup. But when the Toronto Raptors forward went to see a specialist in New York earlier this month—while his team was in town to play the same Brooklyn Nets they beat 112-100 Monday night—he wasn’t given any other option.

                          “The doc came in and he described what it was and was like, ‘whenever you want to do it,’” Carroll says, remembering the day two weeks ago when he saw Dr. Richard Altcheck and was prescribed arthroscopic surgery. “He was kind of surprised that I hadn’t done it sooner.”

                          And so Carroll went under the knife later that day at the Hospital for Special Surgery on the Upper East Side to “clean some stuff up” in that right knee and hopefully relieve Carroll of the pain and discomfort that was making it nearly unbearable for him to do his job.

                          “I was playing with a lot of inflammation in my knee for a long period of time,” Carroll says. “I tried to fight through it. But not everybody can be He-Man.”


                          No, not everybody, but that didn’t stop Carroll from trying for nearly two months, ever since he landed awkwardly on his right leg during a game against the New Orleans Pelicans in mid-November and immediately felt something wrong in his knee. Many athletes would have gotten things taken care of right then and there, but the famously stubborn Carroll had just returned from a three-game break to rest nagging plantar fasciitis in his right foot and wasn’t about to take himself out of the game. So he simply turned up-court and got moving.

                          Team Doctors are not unbiased. Team Doctors make mistakes. Coaches, GMs, Players all make mistakes with regards to injury. When there is literally nothing to be gained by playing, regardless of the injury, he should be getting some rest.
                          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                          If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                          Comment


                          • http://www.catapultsports.com/media/...ry-prevention/

                            From this article it's seems like Alex McKechnie is responsible for off the court regimen. How to effectively practice and etc.

                            That's from 2 years ago

                            maybe I'm wrong but seems like his job is to increase on court minutes and minimize off court work.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                            Comment


                            • Axel wrote: View Post
                              No reason, agreed, but that doesn't mean that aren't (with Lowry) or haven't already (with Carroll).

                              Some related words from Carroll

                              http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...can-be-he-man/

                              Why have I never read that before? ha. I haven't even seen it quoted previously.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

                              Comment


                              • Mess wrote: View Post
                                Why have I never read that before? ha. I haven't even seen it quoted previously.
                                Only part I hadn't seen before was the He-Man reference, which just makes me like Carroll even more.

                                Doctors disagree frequently, and doctors on team/league payroll are certainly open to more scrutiny. The whole NFL-CTE issue really highlights this issue. I'd be curious to know what steps were taken to diagnose each of the player injuries this season.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                                If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X