Everything DeMarre Carroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JWash wrote: View Post
    I didn't miss any point. The "point" being made is nonsense.

The idea that significantly more fouls go uncalled in the playoffs is a myth perpetuated by "feeling", particularly the fact that the stakes are higher and people tend to get more pissed off about "non-calls" (and thus have them further ingrained in their mind).

Here are the facts:

- Teams get to the free throw line about the same amount if not more per game in the playoffs.
    - Guys who draw a lot of fouls tend to draw the same or more fouls in the playoffs.
    Those are indeed both facts, neither of which in the least address the point being made.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Those are indeed both facts, neither of which in the least address the point being made.
      The point isn't really a good or useful one. There's no data to support it, again it's just a feeling that teams foul more and more go uncalled. You're trying to suggest that players who rely on attacking the rim more will see a decrease in field-goal percentage or whatever in the playoffs, but the fact is that ALL players see a decrease in field goal percentage on average in the playoffs because you're generally playing against much better defensive teams on average than in the regular season. Plus teams get to scout you repeatedly and see your tendencies from game to game.

So the point you're trying to make that suggests that slashers might be disadvantaged in the playoffs isn't really a valid one. If anything, it's an advantage if you're being effective with it.

Comment

• JWash wrote: View Post
        The point isn't really a good or useful one. There's no data to support it, again it's just a feeling that teams foul more and more go uncalled. You're trying to suggest that players who rely on attacking the rim more will see a decrease in field-goal percentage or whatever in the playoffs, but the fact is that ALL players see a decrease in field goal percentage on average in the playoffs because you're generally playing against much better defensive teams on average than in the regular season. Plus teams get to scout you repeatedly and see your tendencies from game to game.

So the point you're trying to make that suggests that slashers might be disadvantaged in the playoffs isn't really a valid one. If anything, it's an advantage if you're being effective with it.
        Regardless of what people feel, the main point was that we cannot be one dimensional in terms of our offense. At least that was my point going into this discussion.

Now you may go and turn it into whatever the hell you want to, but not have shooters to work with Demar and Kyle isn't gonna be pretty in the playoffs.

Comment

• Regardless of your opinion of D Smith, he still has connections and if he decides to write a bold story on the wise choice being to shut Carroll down for the season, I think he would have had some inside knowledge of this

Comment

• Makes sense. Wonder what the complication was.

Comment

• Welp there you have it folks. Carroll will not be back for the playoffs most likely and Lowry will not be 100%. When it rains it pours indeed.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Welp there you have it folks. Carroll will not be back for the playoffs most likely and Lowry will not be 100%. When it rains it pours indeed.
                And you are back in your comfort zone. Stressed out and pissed
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  I guess so. At least this will make it a little easier to digest if we lose in the first round. Because it's going to be very tough to win with Kyle missing 3's and free throws and not having the defensive presence of Demarre.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• How terrible was this deal though. Holy shit lmao
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                      I guess so. At least this will make it a little easier to digest if we lose in the first round. Because it's going to be very tough to win with Kyle missing 3's and free throws and not having the defensive presence of Demarre.
                      But you don't know they kyle will be missing 3s and demarre won't be there. That's just an emotional reaction to a poor night for raps fans. A lot can happen
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Hahahahahaha
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

But you don't know they kyle will be missing 3s and demarre won't be there. That's just an emotional reaction to a poor night for raps fans. A lot can happen
                          You're right. I might as well stay positive on the Kyle and Demarre thing because being negative doesn't help. But it truly isn't looking good.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                            How terrible was this deal though. Holy shit lmao
                            LOL pretty bad if these knees issues start affecting the rest of his career.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              How terrible was this deal though. Holy shit lmao
                              Still early to determine that. Just have to hope he has a full recovery from this and anything else that nags him so that he can be the JYD 2.0 he was in his last season with the ATL

Comment

Working...
                              X