Everything Cory Joseph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ogi wrote: View Post
    Ok but Demar played alright. Ross was completely terrible. TOV% of 14 as a role player and a TS% of .356. Like it's not even comparable.

Anyway I'm sure they'll both do fine this time around.
    Right... but... Ross played 265 minutes, had 15.4% usage, and took a total of 76 shots and 42 3pt attempts.

DeMar played 441 minutes, had 28.0% usage, and took 197 shots and 26 3pt attempts.

Huge difference in what we needed Ross to do versus what we needed DeMar to do.
    twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Ok but Demar played alright. Ross was completely terrible. TOV% of 14 as a role player and a TS% of .356. Like it's not even comparable.

Yes, this Playoffs is when it will really matter. Like I said, against the Nets, it was their first time in the Playoffs, I'll give them a pass. Against the Wizards, everyone played like shit, so I don't blame Ross or DD.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
        Right... but... Ross played 265 minutes, had 15.4% usage, and took a total of 76 shots and 42 3pt attempts.

DeMar played 441 minutes, had 28.0% usage, and took 197 shots and 26 3pt attempts.

Exactly what I'm talking about. Its a bad game for DD if he scores like 15 points, its a decent game for Ross if he does the same. "Not playing well" is different for each player.

Comment

Right.. and my argument is Derozan mostly did what he needed to do. His role was to be aggressive and get to the line and to score. He did that. The reason I said he was alright and not good was because he shot terribly from the floor. He did however make some of that up by getting to the line at a huge rate and converting his free throws.

Ross' role was to be the 3 and D guy. He could barely knock down an open shot (17% 3p), and his defense wasn't the greatest (although nobody on the team could do a thing to Joe Johnson). Obviously Demar's usage was a lot higher than ross'..that's how this team plays, and obviously the sample size is miniscule. But we are talking about a 7 game series here.

I'm not using this as some indictment against Ross. I just think he was a young guy who had a bad series. It happens.

Comment

• lol didn't even notice this was the CoJo thread. Wtf hahah

Comment

Right.. and my argument is Derozan mostly did what he needed to do. His role was to be aggressive and get to the line and to score. He did that. The reason I said he was alright and not good was because he shot terribly from the floor. He did however make some of that up by getting to the line at a huge rate and converting his free throws.

Ross' role was to be the 3 and D guy. He could barely knock down an open shot (17% 3p), and his defense wasn't the greatest (although nobody on the team could do a thing to Joe Johnson). Obviously Demar's usage was a lot higher than ross'..that's how this team plays, and obviously the sample size is miniscule. But we are talking about a 7 game series here.

I'm not using this as some indictment against Ross. I just think he was a young guy who had a bad series. It happens.
              I agree with this for the most part. I do think part of it was Ross was mis-cast within that team, defensively. We used him to guard 3s because DeMar can't, but Ross isn't suited to guarding those guys. He's been at his best this year when guarding smaller guards, including some great stretches guarding point guards.

Him guarding someone like Joe Johson was always going to be an awful matchup for him.

Comment

I agree with this for the most part. I do think part of it was Ross was mis-cast within that team, defensively. We used him to guard 3s because DeMar can't, but Ross isn't suited to guarding those guys. He's been at his best this year when guarding smaller guards, including some great stretches guarding point guards.

Him guarding someone like Joe Johson was always going to be an awful matchup for him.
                Yeah definitely. I don't really attribute any of the blame to Ross for what JJ was able to do to us. I mean they call him ISO Joe for a reason and he got that name a long while before that series against the raps.

Comment

• The nice thing this year is that with the addition of Cojo, Powell, Wright, and Carroll, and Casey agreeing that not using JJ in an appropriate match up was a mistake, the team can absolutely afford for Ross to fall off a cliff performance wise, and can even weather a couple of poor performances from DeMar or Lowry.

There is a lot more wing depth. Next man up.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    The nice thing this year is that with the addition of Cojo, Powell, Wright, and Carroll, and Casey agreeing that not using JJ in an appropriate match up was a mistake, the team can absolutely afford for Ross to fall off a cliff performance wise, and can even weather a couple of poor performances from DeMar or Lowry.

Forgot to add Demarre. But yes I agree to an extent. We don't have a lot of room for error so I don't think Demar and Kyle can play really bad but we definitely can weather the storm a lot better this year than previous years.
                    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      The nice thing this year is that with the addition of Cojo, Powell, Wright, and Carroll, and Casey agreeing that not using JJ in an appropriate match up was a mistake, the team can absolutely afford for Ross to fall off a cliff performance wise, and can even weather a couple of poor performances from DeMar or Lowry.

Agreed. After being horrible-mediocre for so long, we suddenly have one of the stronger perimeter-contingents in the league.
                      Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Apr 12, 2016, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Yeah Ross' responsibility have been lessened. I feel like his in the perfect role right now. He won't have much pressure on him since his not a starter. Ross plays better when there's no pressure or expectations on him.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

What did Ross shot from 3 and what did DeRozan shot from 3?
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Yeah Ross' responsibility have been lessened. I feel like his in the perfect role right now. He won't have much pressure on him since his not a starter. Ross plays better when there's no pressure or expectations on him.
                            Again, this just isn't true, this year. Ross' clutch numbers this season are pretty good, and he's top 30 in the league in clutch WPA.

Comment

Again, this just isn't true, this year. Ross' clutch numbers this season are pretty good, and he's top 30 in the league in clutch WPA.
                              What's different about this year and last year?
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                What's different about this year and last year?
                                You said 'pressure and expectations'. Whether he's starting or not, there's pressure and expectation in clutch situations.

Comment

Working...
                                X