Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Calm down. I think I'm talking to a brick wall. YOU went on a multi post diatribe about multiple all nba and being the best of the best of the best at your poistion being a hall of fame prerequisite. I pointed out dennis rodman, who was never those things, he was arguably the greatest role player of all time. But yknow, keep moving the goal posts because you dislike vince personally.
    I also said Vince has no accolades or All-Defensive merits either. In fact I wrote down all of the things he doesn't have that you NEED to partially have to be considered best of the best.

    Rodman has multiple 1st-team All-Defense plus multiple Defensive Player of the Year awards. Vince has ROY and a dunking trophy.


    Letter N wrote: View Post
    No rings
    No MVPs
    No 1st Teams
    No All-Defence
    No NCAA title

    No HOF

    Comment


    • The HoF has a lot (a lot) of members who didn't achieve as much as an All-NBA award or a Championship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Hall_of_Fame). Good comparisons for Vince might be Alex English and Adrian Dantley, but hell - they put some of the Harlem Globetrotters in there. If being popular and dunking even were the only things Vince did well....
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • I hope Vince makes the hall it is time for raptor fans to forgive and forget as both sides could have handled themselves better at the time. I still get a kick when vince turns back the clock as did in that memorable series against the spurs two seasons ago.

        Comment


        • Letter N wrote: View Post
          Hahaha pointing to one play is irrelevant, the end result is 2-points, and the end result is a career with no championships, no finals, no mvps, no 1st team selections, no defensive accolades, no individual awards outside of a ROY.
          if it was nhl, nfl, or mlb he would not get in. the nba hof is the easiest one by far. also he is a quitter

          Comment


          • Vince made Simmon's List barely (The Book of Basketball was a great read).



            I say he's in.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

            Comment


            • Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              if it was nhl, nfl, or mlb he would not get in. the nba hof is the easiest one by far. also he is a quitter
              The NFL is probably the most difficult. There are guys like Terrell Davis (who rushed for over 2,000 yards, scored 23 TD in one season while being the focal point on a Super Bowl run and won the MVP) who don't even get in.

              Comment


              • Are Raptor fans still angry at Vince Carter?

                After the Barry Taylor article on whether the Raptor's franchise should retire Vince Carter's #15 jersey, its clear that there is still an undercurrent of fans who are still unhappy about the situation with the trading of VC. Do you think their anger is justified? Should they still be unhappy with Vince Carter's decision to leave? Or the opposite, do you feel he should be forgiven? Do you think the 10 years since he's left is more than enough time for the healing process? Feel free to discuss it.
                #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

                Comment


                • Since VC threads pop up every couple months, I've merged the 4 most recent ones. There's a poll related to his potential HOF induction, as well as a few articles for reference (see post #1 and post #187, though the latter is missing a link, hint hint)... should be a good start. Carry on.

                  Comment


                  • BS10 wrote: View Post
                    After the Barry Taylor article on whether the Raptor's franchise should retire Vince Carter's #15 jersey, its clear that there is still an undercurrent of fans who are still unhappy about the situation with the trading of VC. Do you think their anger is justified? Should they still be unhappy with Vince Carter's decision to leave? Or the opposite, do you feel he should be forgiven? Do you think the 10 years since he's left is more than enough time for the healing process? Feel free to discuss it.
                    I don't think he should be forgiven, but I think it's stupid to still be angry or upset about it. Complaining about it in current day makes us seem like a fan base who hasn't moved on. It's like being angry at a girlfriend you broke up with 10 years ago. Sure, when you were together the sex was great. Then she did some shady shit, lost your trust, and left you for another guy. Being salty over her for the next 10 years is pathetic.

                    I personally think the majority of Raptor fans HAVE moved on. We've got a great thing going in Toronto right now and the future looks bright. I personally feel like Vince could have taken a pay cut to come play a bench role for us for one year (not sure how many years he has left), and that would have been perfect redemption. In the end, I'm not mad at Vince... just a little disappointed.

                    Comment


                    • 92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he should be forgiven, but I think it's stupid to still be angry or upset about it. Complaining about it in current day makes us seem like a fan base who hasn't moved on. It's like being angry at a girlfriend you broke up with 10 years ago. Sure, when you were together the sex was great. Then she did some shady shit, lost your trust, and left you for another guy. Being salty over her for the next 10 years is pathetic.

                      I personally think the majority of Raptor fans HAVE moved on. We've got a great thing going in Toronto right now and the future looks bright. I personally feel like Vince could have taken a pay cut to come play a bench role for us for one year (not sure how many years he has left), and that would have been perfect redemption. In the end, I'm not mad at Vince... just a little disappointed.
                      There's moving on and living your life (almost all Raps fans) and moving on with forgiveness and it's this second type that some (perhaps many) Raps fans still haven't gotten past.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

                      If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

                      Comment


                      • Just as a basketball fan, I'm still disappointed that Vince's career didn't amount to more - even after the Raptors. Re-watching those Round 2 highlights just reminded me of how great he was when he was still so young.

                        As far as how he left Toronto - I really don't care anymore.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                        Comment


                        • I don't care how he left anymore, but I think how he left disqualifies him from being inducted as a Raptor.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

                          Comment


                          • Lets bring him back, vet minimum contract to help us get KD.




                            and yes, VC is definately in. when he retires he will have:

                            top 30 alltime scoring (probably 27 or 28th)
                            top 80 alltime assists
                            Top 5 alltime 3pointers

                            Comment


                            • Still the GOAT.






                              What it do baybeeee!!

                              Comment


                              • Pretty good Carter Retrospective on Yahoo Sports today:
                                http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vince-c...192415260.html


                                That 360 layup was sick wicked and nasty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X