Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Damn, how did we not win more:

    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • S.R. wrote: View Post
      Damn, how did we not win more:

      3 reasons:

      1. We let T-Mac walk alongside Doug Christie, thus ruining our depth the 2/3. It was Vince, Curry, Peterson, Williams, Corbin & David. Take out of two of those guys and place in McGrady & Christie.... you got better scoring & better D.

      2. Vince got banged up quite a bit. 60 games played in 2002, 43 in 2003.

      3. Vince sulked as the core around him got worse & older.... thus while he's in his prime, he decides to not give 2 shits, sink his trade value.... and we end up shipping him out to a division rival in the Nets. When Masai said FUCK BROOKLYN, he wasn't talking playoffs. He was talking this very trade.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

      Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

      Comment


      • Would love to see VC spend a season on our list, even just for nostalgic feels.

        At least he'd be a vet that could hit the 3 ball...

        Comment


        • My start

          dylan123 wrote: View Post
          Would love to see VC spend a season on our list, even just for nostalgic feels.

          At least he'd be a vet that could hit the 3 ball...
          Im at a lose

          Comment


          • Im fucken serious. Respect tho

            Comment


            • Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Wanting out was justified.

              But sulking, playing half-assed, and killing your trade valuable was inexcusable.
              Yes, he was totally unprofessional and classless through the whole ordeal. The Raptors had weak management but how he acted made it very difficult to find value. Anyone would have struggled.

              I think because this happened so long ago and because no in sees a highlight reel of his despicable actions, a lot of people devalue the whole thing and how it put the team behind a decade. Yes I say decade because the team was set up for the long term built around him and took quite sometime to overcome the cap handcuffs. Then you also have the total embarrassment the team went through. The whole thing stained the team.

              Comment


              • Cody73 wrote: View Post
                Truth is, 2 big things that we could've reversed that would've led to us being more successful with VC:

                1. Keeping T-Mac and playing him at SF, his more natural position.

                2. Or how about we go back earlier & not trade Chauncey Billups? Imagine those 3 together as a unit. You have everything you can want in a 1-2-3 punch right there. Throw in Christie off the bench as a 6th man & you have various combinations you could've used. The fact that we let 1 walk and we traded the other for nothing makes me mad to this day.
                Billups was one of those player who didn't "get it" right away. Unfortunately the Raptors were focused on pushing forward aggressively in that post Jordan NBA. The east stunk then and they weren't far away from making some noise. So they went all in and lost in the end.

                As for McGrady. Vinsanity was huge and all eyes were on him. McGrady didn't want to be second fiddle and the team didn't do enough with him on top of that. The Raptors had no choice to keep him, he was gone.

                McGrady had some mighty bad luck after leaving Toronto but not right away. When he was posting those amazing numbers his teams were losing. What does that tell us about his ability to make those around him better? Do we all forget that last year with the Magic? Ugly.

                Anyway, the really funny thing is that Carter didn't want to be "the guy" and many times was way too passive. Meanwhile McGrady wanted to be the guy but felt he couldn't in Toronto... And they both left because they were unhappy.

                Comment


                • I have witnessed Some of Vince's broadcast skills in summer leauge and on NBA Tv . Apparently he did some grizzly broadcast's when he was injured. He may become the only 44 year broadcaster who could win a still be competive in a dunk contest.

                  Comment


                  • Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Billups was one of those player who didn't "get it" right away. Unfortunately the Raptors were focused on pushing forward aggressively in that post Jordan NBA. The east stunk then and they weren't far away from making some noise. So they went all in and lost in the end.

                    As for McGrady. Vinsanity was huge and all eyes were on him. McGrady didn't want to be second fiddle and the team didn't do enough with him on top of that. The Raptors had no choice to keep him, he was gone.

                    McGrady had some mighty bad luck after leaving Toronto but not right away. When he was posting those amazing numbers his teams were losing. What does that tell us about his ability to make those around him better? Do we all forget that last year with the Magic? Ugly.

                    Anyway, the really funny thing is that Carter didn't want to be "the guy" and many times was way too passive. Meanwhile McGrady wanted to be the guy but felt he couldn't in Toronto... And they both left because they were unhappy.
                    It's a great sports what-if. The East was a enigma at that time.... and if McGrady stayed, Vince wouldn't have had to do as much, more than likely leading to both not getting as many injuries more than likely.... and T-Mac would've easily taken the role of leader while Carter would be the secondary guy, much like Lowry & DeRozan.

                    Also, imagine had we kept Christie too as the 6th man. Considering how well he played off the bench in Sacramento, he'd have been fine coming off the bench. IMO, he's one of those very underrated role players that never get enough love. Looking back at game footage of Christie, and I see a great two-way player (what I hope Powell becomes).
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                    Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      We can also play what if on if vince had shaq and then pau and Odom, or if kobe played wit Alvin williams then Richard jeffrson and nenad krstic
                      JKidd and Jefferson took the Nets to the finals twice with Kenyon Martin. Took the champion Pistons to 7.

                      Vince joins them, they get swept in the first round with Vince shooting 36.5% on 24 FGA per game. They win two more first round series and never make it out of the second round again.

                      It's not about supporting cast. Vince just never had the drive or mental toughness to be truly great. He coasted on his athleticism... Kobe worked on his footwork until it was perfect.

                      There's simply no comparison other than their early promise.
                      It's the Spicy Show! Time to cook.

                      Comment


                      • https://twitter.com/theScore/status/895318758545403905
                        Is this the dagger!!!?

                        Comment


                        • I'm going to stand outside with my duct taped Garbajosa #15 jersey and boo the entire time.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                          Comment


                          • S.R. wrote: View Post
                            I'm going to stand outside with my duct taped Garbajosa #15 jersey and boo the entire time.
                            Move on.
                            Is this the dagger!!!?

                            Comment


                            • TRex wrote: View Post
                              Move on.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Yes, he was totally unprofessional and classless through the whole ordeal. The Raptors had weak management but how he acted made it very difficult to find value. Anyone would have struggled.

                                I think because this happened so long ago and because no in sees a highlight reel of his despicable actions, a lot of people devalue the whole thing and how it put the team behind a decade. Yes I say decade because the team was set up for the long term built around him and took quite sometime to overcome the cap handcuffs. Then you also have the total embarrassment the team went through. The whole thing stained the team.
                                I do not defend some of Vince's actions but the team was going nowhere it was a case of poor ownership entrusting poor management and sure Vince could see this happening. Did he act totally correctly but even intense critics like Leo Rautins know acknowledge the Teams role in it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X