Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post
    Jordan had a bigger influence for me.
    Pro Stars shout out!

    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

    Comment


    • S.R. wrote: View Post
      Pro Stars shout out!

      Damn, apparently "bo knew steroids" as well
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • I'll write far more than I feel like writing, because I couldn't care less what the Raptors do for Carter. But as Jack mentioned the other day, there has only been one Christmas Raptor game and it wasn't because we were great or because we played in the megapolis of Toronto, it was all about Carter.

        I'm a fan of the team, the wins and losses. MLSE is a fan of marketing the team, the dollars and cents. And no individual before or since has done more to market the team than Carter. So it's a slam dunk Carter will be getting accolades from the Raptors simply because there's still plenty good marketing money to be made in doing so.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

        Comment


        • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          I'll write far more than I feel like writing, because I couldn't care less what the Raptors do for Carter. But as Jack mentioned the other day, there has only been one Christmas Raptor game and it wasn't because we were great or because we played in the megapolis of Toronto, it was all about Carter.

          I'm a fan of the team, the wins and losses. MLSE is a fan of marketing the team, the dollars and cents. And no individual before or since has done more to market the team than Carter. So it's a slam dunk Carter will be getting accolades from the Raptors simply because there's still plenty good marketing money to be made in doing so.
          Wouldn't the impact he had on the evolution of the sport in Canada be a factor in your eyes? Good example is Yao Ming, he's brought such popularity to the sport in China and deservingly has been recognized for that. I don't think the Raptor's would've existed much longer if it wasn't for him.

          Comment


          • Deems wrote: View Post
            Wouldn't the impact he had on the evolution of the sport in Canada be a factor in your eyes? Good example is Yao Ming, he's brought such popularity to the sport in China and deservingly has been recognized for that. I don't think the Raptor's would've existed much longer if it wasn't for him.
            A factor for enshrining him into the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame? Yes.

            The Raptors weren't the Grizzlies. And actually Carter helped cause the darkest days of the franchise, along with Babcock, Peddie and the Pension Plan.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

            Comment


            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              A factor for enshrining him into the Canadian Basketball Hall of Fame? Yes.

              The Raptors weren't the Grizzlies. And actually Carter helped cause the darkest days of the franchise, along with Babcock, Peddie and the Pension Plan.
              The pension plan?
              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

              Comment


              • Deems wrote: View Post
                Wouldn't the impact he had on the evolution of the sport in Canada be a factor in your eyes? Good example is Yao Ming, he's brought such popularity to the sport in China and deservingly has been recognized for that. I don't think the Raptor's would've existed much longer if it wasn't for him.
                You're saying Yao Ming would have had his jersey retired partly because he expanded the sport in China?
                And he quit the game due to injury, not just quit on his team.

                You honour Vince through a video tribute, maybe they should have waited til he retired.
                You don't retire his number, that's a disservice to the jersey imo and actually honours him quitting on the team and fans. .

                Comment


                • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  The pension plan?
                  OTPP (Yeah you know me), worst conceivable owners of a sports franchise, not even two shits to give.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • Wonder if the Nuggets would retire Carmelo's jersey when he retires. It's similar to the Vince and Toronto story in my opinion. Carmelo really wanted out of Denver and made it real clear. He was good but never really elevated his team either.

                    Comment


                    • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      The pension plan?
                      Ontario Teachers Pension Plan owned a huge chunk of MLSE. They didn't give a shit about sports, and rightfully so. Peddie was their guy with a simple mandate - make money. He was good at that, but again, a terrible sports guy.

                      https://www.otpp.com/news/article/-/article/21045
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                      Comment


                      • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                        Ontario Teachers Pension Plan owned a huge chunk of MLSE. They didn't give a shit about sports, and rightfully so. Peddie was their guy with a simple mandate - make money. He was good at that, but again, a terrible sports guy.

                        https://www.otpp.com/news/article/-/article/21045
                        Haha Ontario teachers pension owns my company. Cadillac Fairview. We own a lot canadas biggest malls and commercial high rises
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Haha Ontario teachers pension owns my company. Cadillac Fairview. We own a lot canadas biggest malls and commercial high rises
                          Is KeonClark making money for the OTPP?
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                          Comment


                          • S.R. wrote: View Post
                            OTPP (Yeah you know me), worst conceivable owners of a sports franchise, not even two shits to give.
                            Toronto has had some real shitty owners - Interbrew with the Jays was just as bad, but none could compare with awfulness of Harold Ballard.

                            Edit: OTPP and Interbrew were like parents who never gave you an allowance, you had to get a job to have any money. Ballard was like that, only he took your job money and went out drinking with it.
                            Last edited by 3inthekeon; Mon Dec 18th, 2017, 07:02 PM.
                            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

                            Comment


                            • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Is KeonClark making money for the OTPP?
                              Not as much as vince carter or mats sundin did.

                              Probably as much as aaron gray or greg steimsma did though. A majority of my 10k+ posts were made while working for the ontario teachers on an hourly wage, so there's that
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Wonder if the Nuggets would retire Carmelo's jersey when he retires. It's similar to the Vince and Toronto story in my opinion. Carmelo really wanted out of Denver and made it real clear. He was good but never really elevated his team either.
                                Neither should be retired. Traitors should never be rewarded regardless of how good they were before scr*wing their team and fans over.

                                PS

                                I don't remember. Did Melo actually quit on Denver during games and laugh about it?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X