Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The Raptors should retire Vince's jersey when Amir is no longer a Raptor out of respect for the interest in basketball he stirred in Canada and elsewhere.

    Comment


    • #32
      psrs1 wrote: View Post
      Defiant attitude. Me vs the world mentality.
      That doesn't sound like Vince to me.

      Doesn't even really sound like Ross.

      Sounds like Kyle Lowry to me.

      Comment


      • #33
        No fucking way

        This team needs Talent! Not some over the hill vet who's soon to retire.
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

        Comment


        • #34
          white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I know everyone's down on Ross, but that's a pretty awful deal. VC is on his last leg and I wouldn't be surprised if he retires...and if not it's just a guy who'll mostly sit on the end of bench. Sure, he can mentor, and have his victory lap in Toronto....but why don't we just try to hire him back in some kind of role after he retires? *The leadership void on this team can't be filled from the end of the bench.
          38 year old Vince > 24 year old Ross.

          Yes i'm serious.

          Besides dunking, what does Ross do better than Vince?

          Anyhow, i would love to see back in TO as well., i would love to see him retire as a Raptor but it's just not gonna happen(hope i'm wrong). But i'm sure the Raps organization will honour him in some way once he retire. I wouldn't be surprised if they retire his number.
          What it do baybeeee!!

          Comment


          • #35
            MACK11 wrote: View Post
            No fucking way

            This team needs Talent! Not some over the hill vet who's soon to retire.
            15 roster spots- 12 active- 10 rotational- 5 starters, 3 key bench, your telling me we can't use a vet like Vince somewhere between 8 & 12 with his history with the organization and potential future benefits he could bring..for just 1yr? context people...no one will be counting on him to be Lebron 2.0

            1yr- $6.09mil ($4.09mil towards 2015 cap + $2mil cash on 2nd yr team opt out, $2.27mil saved in Cap for 2016)
            2yr- $8.36 ($4.27mil out of a $90mil cap in 2016)
            1yr- Retires ($4.27mil saved in Cap for 2016)

            even from a contract POV, the risk is worth the reward.
            Last edited by RepTdot; Sat May 16th, 2015, 03:30 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              That doesn't sound like Vince to me.

              Doesn't even really sound like Ross.

              Sounds like Kyle Lowry to me.
              Ross's facial expressions and body language indicates defiance to me .

              Comment


              • #37
                TRex wrote: View Post
                38 year old Vince > 24 year old Ross.

                Yes i'm serious.

                Besides dunking, what does Ross do better than Vince?

                Anyhow, i would love to see back in TO as well., i would love to see him retire as a Raptor but it's just not gonna happen(hope i'm wrong). But i'm sure the Raps organization will honour him in some way once he retire. I wouldn't be surprised if they retire his number.
                The 38 year old Vince that shot .333% from the field and .297% from 3? Like wtf man. Did you watch Vince play this year? There might be some issues with fit in Memphis, but his game has very clearly dropped off a cliff. Yes, he has the intangibles of a 17 year vet....he sure didn't when he was 24 though, even when he was singlehandedly carrying this team.

                Get some fucking perspective. You'd trade a 24 year old athletic wing for a 38 year old 10-15th man? One who may not contribute anything on the court at all anyway and costs more?

                But if you want, sure, stack the team with 35-40 year old players whose value will only decline both on and off the court. That's sound management....

                Comment


                • #38
                  RepTdot wrote: View Post
                  15 roster spots- 12 active- 10 rotational- 5 starters, 3 key bench, your telling me we can't use a vet like Vince somewhere between 8 & 10 with his history with the organization and potential future benefits he could bring..for just 1yr? context people...no one will be counting on him to be Lebron 2.0
                  What future benefits? What are you talking about?

                  Again, if you just want someone who was a star in Toronto around the organization for gravitas...you absolutely do not have to let him have a victory lap. That kind of benefit is based on his early years here, not any gimmick year that management might try to sell to fans.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    The 38 year old Vince that shot .333% from the field and .297% from 3? Like wtf man. Did you watch Vince play this year? There might be some issues with fit in Memphis, but his game has very clearly dropped off a cliff. Yes, he has the intangibles of a 17 year vet....he sure didn't when he was 24 though, even when he was singlehandedly carrying this team.

                    Get some fucking perspective. You'd trade a 24 year old USELESS wing for a 38 year old 10-15th man? One who may not contribute anything on the court at all anyway and costs more?

                    But if you want, sure, stack the team with 35-40 year old players whose value will only decline both on and off the court. That's sound management....
                    Bold part - fixed it for you. So yeah the answer is yes.

                    Anyhow, Vince this year only averaged 15mins/game for the Grizz. I don't think he's a good fit for that team.

                    LAST YEAR with the Mavs, he averaged 25mins/game, averaged 12ppg. Shot 40% from the field. 39% from 3.

                    Vince CAN still play, if you put him in the right situations.
                    What it do baybeeee!!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      No Thanks,everyone should stop living in the past. How about we go and get Marc Gasol or Jimmy Butler,or go hard and get Kawhi Leonard. Vince Carter..Meh..his done. Check his f#@king numbers,pathetic.
                      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                      My kitchen is always open to friends"

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        TRex wrote: View Post
                        Bold part - fixed it for you. So yeah the answer is yes.

                        Anyhow, Vince this year only averaged 15mins/game for the Grizz. I don't think he's a good fit for that team.

                        LAST YEAR with the Mavs, he averaged 25mins/game, averaged 12ppg. Shot 40% from 3. 39% from 3.

                        Vince CAN still play, if you put him in the right situations.
                        Last year isn't relevant to the argument. His performance was not even close to matching that this year, and you can't expect that to bounce back at this stage in his career. So maybe he CAN'T still play. He could come in next year even worse than this past year, and it wouldn't be at all surprising.

                        Ross is NOT useless. He does not lack physical ability or skills to contribute. Can he hit 3s? yes. Did he work on a counter this year? Yes (floaters and pull up jumpers). Have we seen flashes of lockdown, fundamentally sound D? Yes.

                        Why hasn't that been put together to make him a consistent role player? For sure there are concerns with his own mentality. However it's not like you can say he's been put in the best situations to succeed. Our system is terrible at creating good, open, in-rhythm 3s for guys off the ball. That has to be his bread and butter, and was something he was getting a lot last season when our offensive system actually somewhat looked like a system. Not surprisingly, his D was also better and more consistent last year. *If "has to be put into the right situations" goes for your argument with Vince, a former #1/2 option turned into role player, it certainly goes for Ross, who's naturally a role player.

                        This year he regressed on both ends, despite obviously working on his handles and counters when he's run off the line in the offseason. Not surprisingly it coincided with him getting jerked around again a lot more, just like his rookie year, where his role and minutes were not really consistent. And he lost backcourt minutes this year with all our guards, so he logged most of his minutes at SF, which he obviously struggles with more (77% at SF this year per bball ref).

                        Now, I don't think Ross is hot shit or anything. But useless is flat out wrong. And worse than a guy who's basically done is also flat out wrong.

                        I don't think people realize how important situation is, between consistent on-court minutes/role and an environment/culture that help get the best out of someone. Will Ross be able to find that here? I'm doubtful at this point. But trading him while his value is at his lowest for something whose value will be even lower is just plain stupid.
                        Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat May 16th, 2015, 03:16 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          It's too similar to what another loser franchise in this city does, a franchise who brought guys back when they were past their prime.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            I don't see how we can acquire VC from Memphis. We should not give up TRoss to get him.

                            The trade machine allows some things Memphis would never do:

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              At this point it'd be like having an actual dinosaur on the roster
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                symbot wrote: View Post
                                I don't see how we can acquire VC from Memphis. We should not give up TRoss to get him.

                                The trade machine allows some things Memphis would never do:

                                Hahaha that would be awesome

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X