X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Congrats to Vince Carter on moving up to 22nd on the all-time scoring list ...
    He could catch Reggie Miller, at #20, if he plays next year.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Congrats to Vince Carter on moving up to 22nd on the all-time scoring list ...

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    to be eligible for playoffs signing must be done before March 1
    Nope. To be eligible for the playoffs, the player must be waived (or not on an NBA team) by March 1st. Can be signed right up to the last day of the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    TRex wrote: View Post
    When is the buyout deadline?
    to be eligible for playoffs signing must be done before March 1

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    When is the buyout deadline?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Wait, you're telling me Vince is no longer a good option to go mono e mono in crunch time against Russell Westbrook?

OK nevermind, here I thought he was an MVP...not interested
    He wasn't mano against man with anyone when he bricked it...not interested

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    wall-e wrote: View Post
    Seems like Vince wants to be on a team that can offer him playing time, Toronto cant do that, Sac-town can.
    IF there is a possibility this is Vince's last year, and it's Vince himself choosing to stay in Sacramento, that's strange to me. I mean to each his own, and great you're getting minutes, but playing out the string in a bunch of meaningless games in half empty stadiums then going home early while 16 teams kick it up a notch isn't my idea of the best option to finish

Leave a comment:

• wall-e
    replied
    Seems like Vince wants to be on a team that can offer him playing time, Toronto cant do that, Sac-town can.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Just watched Vince throw up a last second brick last night before Westbrook nailed the opposite for the W.
    We don't need Vince here...."farewell tour" makes me laugh....
    Wait, you're telling me Vince is no longer a good option to go mono e mono in crunch time against Russell Westbrook?

OK nevermind, here I thought he was an MVP...not interested

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Just watched Vince throw up a last second brick last night before Westbrook nailed the opposite for the W.
    We don't need Vince here...."farewell tour" makes me laugh....

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    After actually clicking the article, it's basically the Feb 8 report with a different headline. You can throw it out.

Anyway, the conclusion I got from that little timeline is that a 10+ day gap for reports of Raptors being interested and Carter staying probably means VC wasn't exactly ecstatic of leaving the Kings. Otherwise there would have quickly been serious talks of a buyout. Maybe he needed "time to think about it" and the Raps moved on because they weren't interested in waiting?

This is all guesswork either way.
    The only real report was that the Raps had had internal discussions. Obviously those discussions ended in a “no,” which annoys me, but all the reports were that the Raps changed their mind, not Vince. I see no reason to blindly assume the opposite.

Leave a comment:

• TheWaterboy
    replied
    I suspect there *was* interest at some point, to the point of it at least being discussed informally, and in the end, nothing happened.

I wonder if the sticking point was *term*, with Vince wanting to be under contract and playing here next year. I can't see the current Raptors management being keen on a farewell tour next year; that would be a definite and unwelcome distraction. I certainly wouldn't have signed Vince past the end of the year, especially given the luxury tax implications.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    I never saw the Feb 10 report you mention. The only thing I ever saw was Grange's "internal discussions" report.

And why are you inserting "Vince tells the team he wants to stay" instead of "Raptors decide to go a different way?" Seems like that's just you assuming stuff for no reason.
    After actually clicking the article, it's basically the Feb 8 report with a different headline. You can throw it out.

Anyway, the conclusion I got from that little timeline is that a 10+ day gap for reports of Raptors being interested and Carter staying probably means VC wasn't exactly ecstatic of leaving the Kings. Otherwise there would have quickly been serious talks of a buyout. Maybe he needed "time to think about it" and the Raps moved on because they weren't interested in waiting?

This is all guesswork either way.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    It's the same reports that everyone has seen. I was just paying attention to the timing of all them and trying to "connect the dots".

Feb 8: The Raptors have discussed internally the possibility of bringing back Vince Carter

Feb 9: Kings would buy out Vince if he has destination in mind

Feb 10: Raptors want to sign Vince if Kings buy him out

(VC most likely tells the Kings he wishes to stay with the team somewhere in these 10 days)

Feb 20: Raptors have moved on
    I never saw the Feb 10 report you mention. The only thing I ever saw was Grange's "internal discussions" report.

And why are you inserting "Vince tells the team he wants to stay" instead of "Raptors decide to go a different way?" Seems like that's just you assuming stuff for no reason.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X