X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tDotted
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Could you link me to those reports? Absolutely everything I've seen suggests the Raptors cooled on the possibility.
    It's the same reports that everyone has seen. I was just paying attention to the timing of all them and trying to "connect the dots".

Feb 8: The Raptors have discussed internally the possibility of bringing back Vince Carter

Feb 9: Kings would buy out Vince if he has destination in mind

Feb 10: Raptors want to sign Vince if Kings buy him out

(VC most likely tells the Kings he wishes to stay with the team somewhere in these 10 days)

Feb 20: Raptors have moved on

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    I don't think that VC stealing some of the spotlight from KL or DD would be an issue for either player. VC is sort of a legend amongst players in the DD/KL age group. But I like the focus the team has right now and wouldn't want that disrupted by a VC signing.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Given how petty NBA players are, Raps probably erred correctly on the side of caution. Team chemistry is at an all-time high, so why give Kyle and DeMar any excuse, trivial as it might be (like VC stealing some of their love from the fans)? These guys can be divas, maybe not so much DeMar, but Lowry's definitely got some of that in him.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Sounded like the opposite to me.. Raptors were interested in him but he didn't want to be bought out (or just didn't want to be here specifically). That's when the talks died down.
    Could you link me to those reports? Absolutely everything I've seen suggests the Raptors cooled on the possibility.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    Sounded like the opposite to me.. Raptors were interested in him but he didn't want to be bought out (or just didn't want to be here specifically). That's when the talks died down.
    Still rumors, things can change till March.1. Now there are rumors the Celtics are also interested... I don't want to face Carter in the playoffs when the games will he tight.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Every report has been that the Kings were open to buying him out if he had a destination in mind. I don't think it's a coincidence that the reports that the Raptors' interest had cooled and that Sacramento would probably keep him came at about the same time. If the Raps wanted him, I'm pretty sure it could have happened.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sure. He's not being bought out.
    Every report has been that the Kings were open to buying him out if he had a destination in mind. I don't think it's a coincidence that the reports that the Raptors' interest had cooled and that Sacramento would probably keep him came at about the same time. If the Raps wanted him, I'm pretty sure it could have happened.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    Or not to add him.... I have no inside information but my guess is that there is some fear that it could turn in to a circus with the stupid Toronto media and they don't really want Derozan and Lowry answering 1,000 questions about VC every day. So, you weigh that against his possible contribution which is.... what exactly? He night hit some threes? The risk/reward analysis skews against VC I think.

They can sign him to a 1-day contract when he wants to retire and he can fly in and have a big presser if he wants. Fantastic. I really couldn't care less one way or the other but I am not a big fan of adding him at this point (assuming it's even an option).
    Sure, if the team has no faith in their locker room's stability, it could be a risk. I don't get that sense. I also get the sense that the team wants to get more recognition and coverage in the states, and Vince signing here would help with that - we'd become more of a story.

I'm sure they have their reasons for not doing it. I'm not saying they don't. I'm saying I think a) the reasons Apollo gave are garbage and b) in my opinion, the reasons to bring him on far outweigh the risks.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Ask this question about every buyout candidate on the market and you'll get the same answer. And yet they are clearly looking to add someone on the buyout market. So, set that logic aside, and take it as given that they want to add someone to the team, that they want some depth either alongside or behind the current bench guys, and circle back to find a different reason not to sign Vince.

The nostalgia and feel good story is great for the fans but is ultimately secondary. There are other reasons to add him.
    Or not to add him.... I have no inside information but my guess is that there is some fear that it could turn in to a circus with the stupid Toronto media and they don't really want Derozan and Lowry answering 1,000 questions about VC every day. So, you weigh that against his possible contribution which is.... what exactly? He night hit some threes? The risk/reward analysis skews against VC I think.

They can sign him to a 1-day contract when he wants to retire and he can fly in and have a big presser if he wants. Fantastic. I really couldn't care less one way or the other but I am not a big fan of adding him at this point (assuming it's even an option).

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Ask this question about every buyout candidate on the market and you'll get the same answer. And yet they are clearly looking to add someone on the buyout market. So, set that logic aside, and take it as given that they want to add someone to the team, that they want some depth either alongside or behind the current bench guys, and circle back to find a different reason not to sign Vince.
    Sure. He's not being bought out.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    This guy looks like he could seriously ball.
    That's boston Celtics legend Bob cousy

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    What does he add? They're rolling. Their bench is crazy good. They don't need him. It's a needless change. He's not bringing something they need. It's all nostalgia or the quest for a feel good story.

The nostalgia and feel good story is great for the fans but is ultimately secondary. There are other reasons to add him.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    In the future?

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    rocwell wrote: View Post
    In the future?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    He’s not even negotiating a buyout with Kings so I don’t know

Leave a comment:

Working...
X