• Letter N wrote: View Post
      It's ok guys, he won't get in.

No rings
      No MVPs
      No 1st Teams
      No All-Defence
      No NCAA title

No HOF
      Mitch Richmond got in.. so Vince should as well.

Richmond: 6x all-star, ROY, 3x all-2nd team, 2x all-3rd team, 1 championship, 2 olympic medals (one gold, one bronze)
      Carter: 8x all-star, ROY, 1x all-2nd team, 1x all-3rd team, olympic medal (one gold)

Richmod won a championship but as a role player. Carter put basketball on the map in Canada.

Comment

• Call me a hater all you want but you need to make more than 2 All-NBA teams to get in to the Hall of Fame.

This guy went through his career and not once was he considered top 2 at his position. Once he was considered top 4 and once top 6.

He never made the finals, I don't even think he ever made a Conference Finals. His greatest claim to fame is winning the dunk contest.

Great player, yes. Hall of Famer, no.
        He's a slightly better Jerry Stackhouse. He's that generations Glen Rice but with more dunks and less 3's.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
          Kyle Lowry has a 1% chance of HOF. And Derozan less than 1%
          There's a reason the guys at the top are all older: they've had more time to amass stats and accolades. Here are the factors:

Players receive points for appearing on leaderboards, receiving 10 points for leading the league in a category and 1 point for finishing 10th. This seems like a fair way to award credit for both black and gray ink. The eligible statistical categories include PTS, TRB, AST, MP, STL, BLK. The list of predictor variables is:

Height (in.)
          NBA Championships
          NBA Leaderboard Points
          NBA Peak Win Shares
          All-Star Game Selections
          Still too early to determine what their odds will be by the time they're much older, but it'd probably take a chip and several more all-star selections for each.

Comment

Call me a hater all you want but you need to make more than 2 All-NBA teams to get in to the Hall of Fame.

This guy went through his career and not once was he considered top 2 at his position. Once he was considered top 4 and once top 6.

He never made the finals, I don't even think he ever made a Conference Finals. His greatest claim to fame is winning the dunk contest.

He's a slightly better Jerry Stackhouse. He's that generations Glen Rice but with more dunks and less 3's.
            Totally agree.. VC shouldn't be in there.. just speculating that he will. The hall of fame is kind of a joke. I think the only good hall of fame is baseball's as guys take that sh!t seriously.

Comment

• I'm not a big Vince fan (not anymore), but I gotta say, he should be in.

Did he underachieve throughout his career? Probably. But it's the Hall of FAME, and that dude was captured fame like almost no other player of his generation. I don't have a problem with a player getting in based on the greatest dunk contest performance of all-time.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Call me a hater all you want but you need to make more than 2 All-NBA teams to get in to the Hall of Fame.

A slightly better Jerry Stackhouse?

wow, that is a very bad comparison.

Thats like saying a banana peel is just a little worse than a Salmon Dinner.

Comment

• Snooch wrote: View Post
                  A slightly better Jerry Stackhouse?

wow, that is a very bad comparison.

Thats like saying a banana peel is just a little worse than a Salmon Dinner.
                  He is the greatest the nba has ever seen at one thing. Dunking, especially in game dunking.

If the greatest 3 point shooter gets in, the greatest dunker gets in.

Comment

• I'm still not used to the nets logo i guess, because i had to think for a bit when VC played on that team.

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                      Kyle Lowry has a 1% chance of HOF. And Derozan less than 1%
                      So there's a chance?

Comment

He is the greatest the nba has ever seen at one thing. Dunking, especially in game dunking.

Then maybe we should have a poll to see what jersey Skip to my Lou will wear for when he's inducted.

Comment

Dominique Wilkins was a better in game dunker in my opinion.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Dominique Wilkins was a better in game dunker in my opinion.
                            Nique was great, argueable about the dunking though

Comment

• Is it just me, but whenever I quickly scan the title of this thread on the list view I see:

If Vince Carter gets Injured.

Dog days.... lol.

Comment

• Carter is getting in. Just a matter when.

From Grantlands 2012 article "In Defense of Vince Carter":
                                Grantland wrote:
                                He’ll at least approach 22,000 career points this season, and with a guaranteed deal for next season, he has a shot to reach 23,000 if he stays healthy. Only 13 players in NBA/ABA history have eclipsed 22,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, and 4,000 assists; Carter, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce will make it 16 shortly, and a few others — Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton, Larry Bird — barely missed. Eleven of those 13 players are in the Hall of Fame, and the other two are Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant.
                                Last edited by Joey; Wed Jul 29, 2015, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X