No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd love to see Carter somehow decide to give it one more year, come back to TO & mentor a young & upcoming SG (Not DD, but Powell), much like KG did KAT.

Of course, there will be those that disagree.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• VC in his 70s be like...

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        Pretty good Carter Retrospective on Yahoo Sports today:
        http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vince-c...192415260.html

That 360 layup was sick wicked and nasty.
        Yes it was he may not start but still gets substantial minutes and seems to be on the floor at critical times. His three point shot has dropped off from his dallas days. He damn near upset the spurs by himself in the first round the last time pop's boys got the chip.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          I'd love to see Carter somehow decide to give it one more year, come back to TO & mentor a young & upcoming SG (Not DD, but Powell), much like KG did KAT.

Of course, there will be those that disagree.
          I would love it if he spends his last season with the Raptors and retires here.

Comment

• In retrospect, with Babcock at the reins and Hoffa being picked as the commitment to winning, VC was right to want out - the organization was not in the greatest shape at that point.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              In retrospect, with Babcock at the reins and Hoffa being picked as the commitment to winning, VC was right to want out - the organization was not in the greatest shape at that point.
              Wanting out was justified.

But sulking, playing half-assed, and killing your trade valuable was inexcusable.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Wanting out was justified.

But sulking, playing half-assed, and killing your trade valuable was inexcusable.
                Truth is, 2 big things that we could've reversed that would've led to us being more successful with VC:

1. Keeping T-Mac and playing him at SF, his more natural position.

2. Or how about we go back earlier & not trade Chauncey Billups? Imagine those 3 together as a unit. You have everything you can want in a 1-2-3 punch right there. Throw in Christie off the bench as a 6th man & you have various combinations you could've used. The fact that we let 1 walk and we traded the other for nothing makes me mad to this day.
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                  Truth is, 2 big things that we could've reversed that would've led to us being more successful with VC:

1. Keeping T-Mac and playing him at SF, his more natural position.

2. Or how about we go back earlier & not trade Chauncey Billups? Imagine those 3 together as a unit. You have everything you can want in a 1-2-3 punch right there. Throw in Christie off the bench as a 6th man & you have various combinations you could've used. The fact that we let 1 walk and we traded the other for nothing makes me mad to this day.
                  With those 3, or even just Carter and T-Mac, the Raptors' history would be so much different.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats...6/vince-carter

Just wanted to point out that he's improved his stats in each of the last 3 seasons... I think he should be an all star in about 2 or 3 years!!

Comment

• BTW, VC has talked about coaching.... could masai trade for his rights and implement him as a player-coach? Just some slick thinking on my end..... bringing the vet home, a leader & motivator.... who says a player-coach can't be done in this day & age?
                      Axel wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      KeonClark wrote:

Comment

• Comment

• Apparently, Phoenix HC Earl Watson said he felt the team needed an "enforcer" (more on that later) to protect its stars.

I have to say, after 19 years I never thought I would see the day where someone said they needed an enforcer as a reaction to something Vince Carter did. A shot-blocker maybe but an enforcer? And not a parking lot enforcer either. That's funny.

In all seriousness though, Phoenix traded its enforcer last week for a fat guy and a couple of second round picks...
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• Booker is already flopping like a shameless vet. I know Vince is at peak dad-strength these days but man, those are some sensitive armpits Booker's got.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Booker kinda looks like a pretty boy.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• Yeah, I said the other day that I'd take norm over Booker.

Comment

Working...
                                X