No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol. Sounds like i touched a nerve. I wasn't talkin about you btw. Yikes!!
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I also feel like Raptors fans here are jealous of the Sixers. Because they know their team is stuck in no man's land while the other team is a juggernaut in the making.

And no i'm not a Sixers fan lol. Raptors Republic logic - If you enjoy watching a diff team you're now a fan of that team. Lol morons.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Winning a slam dunk competition shouldn't be a reason to have a jersey retired imo
        Good, so we agree that Nate Robinson doesn't deserve to have his number retired

Comment

• Do what Orlando did: They didn't retire Penny Hardaways jersey. They inducted him into Magic's Hall of Fame. But retiring number should be reserved for a more deserving player
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• LOL a crappy franchise like the Magic should be the last team the Raptors should follow when it comes to this kind of thing. How is Shaq's #32 not retired yet?
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Vince Carter is more comparable to Dwight Howard. And I wouldn't retire Howard's number either
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• via Imgflip Meme Generator
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  I think people who weren't old enough to watch Vince when he played here should be banned from this conversation.
                  I think fans who only started watching games during the Vince Carter era should also be banned. Doubly so if you still have his poster on your bedroom wall.....

Comment

• Just like the other multiple articles being floated on Sportsnet where we had to read about Lowry liking Carter, his coach liking Carter and Carter liking Carter to add to another article about Masai liking Carter.... It's sickening how the team management keeps jamming this whole "honour Vince, bring back Vince" down fans throats....

It can never be changed; he quit on the team, quit on the fans, quit on his teammates and set the club back years. And smirked about it right in our faces. Too many young fans who don't remember he TOLD OPPOSITION PLAYERS our set plays and later admitted to mailing games in entirely while laughing about it.

You've had your video night Vince and half the fans seem OK with your back stabbing history. That's enough, no jersey retirement (that's laughable imo) and no one day signing/retirement. We don't need ANY more.

Most of the bandwagon fans don't even remember the incident, having only started to follow the team once Lowry and DD made it competitive again. Same for current management and players.

SportsNet, Masai and various talking heads like Grange pushing this continually on fans to help bridge the gap past the LeBron dominance years is sickening. This is one fan who won't fall for it again....Vince still makes me want to puke and no it's not time to let it go :0)

PS
                    Go Raps! Keep beating the teams you're supposed to beat.

Comment

I also feel like Raptors fans here are jealous of the Sixers. Because they know their team is stuck in no man's land while the other team is a juggernaut in the making.

And no i'm not a Sixers fan lol. Raptors Republic logic - If you enjoy watching a diff team you're now a fan of that team. Lol morons.

TRex logic: overreact to harmless joke ribbing him ("yikes!"), 3 minutes later gets worked up and calls us morons
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I am one fan that is a) old enough to very much remember vince whole career, b) loved him very much, and still cheered him on new Jersey (!!!)

But I'm very much over it. Curious timing now that he's an irrelevant player and the raptors are relevant, and he's desperately trying to put a bow on his legacy.

It's like raptors are the wife who spent years trying to get her cheating husband back, and now she's remarried to a rich guy and very happy and very over her ex, and now he's washed up and lonely and won't stop calling
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I really would like to respond lol but it's tough because there's no quote button and this piece of shit forum is still a mess.

I shall return when this shit gets fixed. Btw, how is this thing not fixed yet? you have got to be kidding me?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I really would like to respond lol but it's tough because there's no quote button and this piece of shit forum is still a mess.

I shall return when this shit gets fixed. Btw, how is this thing not fixed yet? you have got to be kidding me?
                            I think it's time for a new phone. It's fixed for everyone else, lol.

Comment

• No its not. I also logged in on this site last night on my desktop and my computer got a virus. Thank god for Kapersky.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I've been a Raptors fan ever since Isaiah Thomas busted through that paper Raptors logo. When Carter arrived, he instantly became my favourite player. And when he got traded, he instantly became my most hated player.

But there are 2 sides to every story. Yes, Carter acted like a selfish bitch, and was extremely immature about the situation. But the organization was in shambles, and when you hire Rob freakin' Babcock as GM, I would be pissed too if I were Carter. Raphael Araujo? You want me to play with this stiff? Kevin O'Neil? Is this what passes as an NBA coach these days?

Nobody "forced" Babcock to trade Carter for nothing. That's on Babcock, and the Raptors organization, and THAT'S what set the franchise back for as long as it did. Carter played his part, but the real disservice to this fanbase was done by the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X