No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly was Melo a "traitor"? He played hard for the Nuggets the whole time he was there and even got them to a WCF. He didn't even publicly demand a trade, he simply informed Ujiri and the staff that he wanted to be in New York and they made that happen. That allowed the Nuggets to get some very good assets back for him instead of getting nothing because he either walked or tanked his trade value like VC did.

Seriously wtf are you even talking about.

Comment

• Yeah Melo was far more classy with the way he left Denver than Vince was.. but Denver still booed him early and the situations are fairly similar. He was a star that wanted out and told mgmt that. He had more success as a Nugget then Vince did as a Raptor. Yet I really doubt Melo's number would get retired in Denver.

Comment

• Denver also has a much richer/longer history than the Raptors.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Yeah Melo was far more classy with the way he left Denver than Vince was.. but Denver still booed him early and the situations are fairly similar. He was a star that wanted out and told mgmt that. He had more success as a Nugget then Vince did as a Raptor. Yet I really doubt Melo's number would get retired in Denver.
          Apples and oranges. As Nilanka said denver has a longer history. Plus melo never had the charisma, peak star power, or defining moment that Vince had
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I can see some vaild points to not retire his jersey but honor him within the Canadian HOF, it seems more fitting. However marketing is one big MF and this would be a great chance for the Rap's to capitalize on, I don't see how they don't retire his # unless there's huge backlash from the fairweather fans (they probably don't even remember how Vince left).

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              How exactly was Melo a "traitor"? He played hard for the Nuggets the whole time he was there and even got them to a WCF. He didn't even publicly demand a trade, he simply informed Ujiri and the staff that he wanted to be in New York and they made that happen. That allowed the Nuggets to get some very good assets back for him instead of getting nothing because he either walked or tanked his trade value like VC did.

Seriously wtf are you even talking about.
              Once again, in your rush to be offended, reading comprehension is not your strong suit...

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Once again, in your rush to be offended, reading comprehension is not your strong suit...
                My reading comprehension was excellent. If you failed to get across what you really meant that's on you.

And why would I be offended? I don't like Carmelo Anthony at all.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Yeah Melo was far more classy with the way he left Denver than Vince was.. but Denver still booed him early and the situations are fairly similar. He was a star that wanted out and told mgmt that. He had more success as a Nugget then Vince did as a Raptor. Yet I really doubt Melo's number would get retired in Denver.
                  Melo was done properly from beginning to end. Credit Masai on making the transaction go so smoothly and fucking over the Knicks' future (which was 2013-2017).

Vince's situation was just both parties being their absolute worst and screwing over the city and its fans in one fell swoop.

Everyone was complaining about how bad the Boogie trade was, no, it was not as one sided as the Vince Carter trade. The draft picks that followed the trade were a final insult (Joey Graham). FUCK YOU BABCOCK

Comment

• Lol...people should move on

If Ujiri was the GM and President of Basketball Operations, VC could be lifer. I have no doubt that Ujiri would have surrounded him with legitimate pieces to contend for a championship. The evolution of this franchise may have been faster. We may not even witness Grind out, shooting twos and stuck in the mud brand of Basketball. I thought even Colangelo with VC as his main guy could have fared better.

Babcock and Peddie were just the dumb and dumber executives of basketball.

The Claw Reborn may have been a happy fan.

Comment

• Rather than bringing him back for 1 season on a geriatric's contract or retiring his jersey, maybe they just hire him for a role with the organization for a few years? I think that'd be more fitting.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        Melo was done properly from beginning to end. Credit Masai on making the transaction go so smoothly and fucking over the Knicks' future (which was 2013-2017).

Vince's situation was just both parties being their absolute worst and screwing over the city and its fans in one fell swoop.

Everyone was complaining about how bad the Boogie trade was, no, it was not as one sided as the Vince Carter trade. The draft picks that followed the trade were a final insult (Joey Graham). FUCK YOU BABCOCK

No no mon ami...the final insult was something which lingered like a fetid stench for at least a couple of years after and involved a player who told the Raptors to take a hike on reporting and extracted I believe $17 million while he slummed in Miami...Alonzo Mourning. That trade was so effing bad Babcock should have been fired from the NBA...something wasn't right with it...because Mourning if I remember actually came back after the settlement to play for the Heat.

All to say management here allowed Vince to dictate the process. I have always maintained that they should have sat the prick down and not played him until he was ready to be a professional bb player in the NBA. He screwed with the team and the value he held as an asset. Babcock then turned him into an albatross from a value return pov. Set the team back multiple years.

It was a long time ago and I couldn't care less now about VC and all of his posturing now.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Rather than bringing him back for 1 season on a geriatric's contract or retiring his jersey, maybe they just hire him for a role with the organization for a few years? I think that'd be more fitting.
                          He's already mentioned he's interested in broadcasting. Maybe he can cut his teeth on TSN for a few years before setting his sights on the big US networks?

If he's interested, I'd be saying "hey Leo, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!"
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• There's no quote button here. I just want to say, i agree with everything Claw said.

And yes, people really needs to move on lol. It's just beyond sad right now.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Why should we move on? We're discussing VC's legacy and him quitting on a team is a part of it and that shit doesn't get rewarded. Yeah organization was trash. Doesn't excuse how he gave up
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X