Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This popped up from my score app:

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/14...-if-bought-out

The Toronto Raptors have reportedly discussed targeting a number of players who may be bought out by their teams in the near future, including Sacramento Kings guard Vince Carter, according to Sportsnet's Michael Grange.

The Raptors chose to retain their rotation players at the trade deadline but can potentially look to add a piece before the buyout deadline. With Toronto on the verge of completing what could potentially be its best campaign in franchise history, Carter would improve its depth and be a veteran presence off the bench.

The 41-year-old signed an $8-million contract with the Kings this past summer. He's averaging five points and 2.1 rebounds in his 20th NBA season.

Does Grange actually have sources or is he making this sh!t up to get clicks?

Comment

• I don’t doubt the Raps discussed it. It’s basically a meaningless statement - NBA front offices discuss everything.

That said, they are totally signing Vince if he gets waived.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        I don’t doubt the Raps discussed it. It’s basically a meaningless statement - NBA front offices discuss everything.

That said, they are totally signing Vince if he gets waived.
        I believe they will to IF he gets waived and I would be ecstatic. I really hope it happens
        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• If VC makes it here we are going to the Finals because that will be a clear sign we are living a Hollywood script in a parallel universe and back in our own reality the Raptors are still a barely .500 team worried about losing their only good player.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                If VC makes it here we are going to the Finals because that will be a clear sign we are living a Hollywood script in a parallel universe and back in our own reality the Raptors are still a barely .500 team worried about losing their only good player.
                Hollywood would create a movie about Raptors and Vince if he hit a game-winner in the NBA Finals... For sure.

Ok, I'm day dreaming.

Comment

• This is how I see it, if we are going after offense, we need to pick up Marco Belinelli if his waived because he and CJ Miles would be raining 3s when we need them the most in the playoffs but if we are going after defense, we just pick up Vince Carter who at his age can still defend and will bring more crowd and marketing to this team; although I see Masaii picking up someone else, maybe Channing Frye if his waived in case one of Ibaka or Siakam falls down

Comment

If VC makes it here we are going to the Finals because that will be a clear sign we are living a Hollywood script in a parallel universe and back in our own reality the Raptors are still a barely .500 team worried about losing their only good player.
                    I mean..any normally wired twilight of his career vet would WANT to go to a finals contender for the last few months, regardless of the storyline...you'd think
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Does Vince look like the kind of guy that wants to chase a ring? Why else would he play in Sacramento or Dallas or Phoenix? I think he just likes getting paid.

Comment

• Grange's article has a major point that I saw someone bring up, can't recall who, what it means to DD/KLOE and the rest of the team.

The Raptors have consulted some of their veterans about how they might feel – hypothetically – about the inevitable attention Carter’s return would generate.

The feedback has been positive, according to multiple sources.

“Whatever makes us better,” one player said.
                        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...layoff-puzzle/

I mean the hollywood script writes itself if this goes down.

What does KLOE DD and Dwane think of the additional attention, obvious lazy reporter questions, bringing up the past and the like. Is the distraction worth it?

I'd watch the shit out of that movie tho, dang I'm still watch 'The Carter Effect'

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Does Vince look like the kind of guy that wants to chase a ring? Why else would he play in Sacramento or Dallas or Phoenix? I think he just likes getting paid.
                          Agreed lol

A finals appearance WITH Toronto would be such a neat feather in the cap of his legacy

But yeah he just seems to like warm climates and the fun NBA life lol, he is not a Larry Bird/MJ/Mamba that's for damn sure

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Agreed lol

A finals appearance WITH Toronto would be such a neat feather in the cap of his legacy

But yeah he just seems to like warm climates and the fun NBA life lol, he is not a Larry Bird/MJ/Mamba that's for damn sure
                            Watch him get bought out.. and then goes to Miami to "chase a ring". LOL

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Agreed lol

I've never been able to find the quote but I swear I remember it being reported that he "mentored" Mo Pete on something to the effect of pacing himself to ensure he would have a long career. I honestly think that was maybe Carter's highest priority for himself, too. Just wanted to be a good basketball player, play for a really long time, and get paid.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I've never been able to find the quote but I swear I remember it being reported that he "mentored" Mo Pete on something to the effect of pacing himself to ensure he would have a long career. I honestly think that was maybe Carter's highest priority for himself, too. Just wanted to be a good basketball player, play for a really long time, and get paid.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk
                                Yeah he seems to treat his body and the game with great respect, just doesn't value winning as the be all end all.

Comment

Working...
                                X