Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Breaking news: Charles Oakley bent out of shape about 17 year old game
    Hey Oakley didn't start a thread here about a player who hasn't played here for 13 years, never won anything here and quit on the team forcing a horrific trade that put the club back for years before playing 2/3 of his career elsewhere lol

I'm not a huge Oakley fan be thought he did a good job of being honest without lowering both barrels.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      Charles Oakley: Raptors would have won if Vince Carter didn’t attend graduation

sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/charles-oakley-raptors-won-vince-carter-didnt-attend-graduation/

"He made the right decision for him, but it wasn’t a (right for the) team decision."
      That would have been our Joe Carter / Joey Bats moment ... In Raptor History we have no moment like that ... Sadly

Comment

• I was among the saltiest.

But can we at least say his grind is some penance?

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1523956

Comment

• All I remembered about that game was that Carter almost won it with a nice look in the corner, but, wouldn't have had to if Oakley hadn't have missed a few one foot gimme's. Oak needs to look in the mirror. Speculation vs hard fact

Comment

• Thanks Blake for the main page shout out; a link for the RR.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80223149

Comment

• One of the greatest series in NBA history imo. The GROAT.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                All I remembered about that game was that Carter almost won it with a nice look in the corner, but, wouldn't have had to if Oakley hadn't have missed a few one foot gimme's. Oak needs to look in the mirror. Speculation vs hard fact
                Vince arguably was at his very best when he had Oak's foot up his ass.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Vince arguably was at his very best when he had Oak's foot up his ass.
                  PJ Tucker had similar affect on DD's defence for a short period.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    PJ Tucker had similar affect on DD's defence for a short period.
                    I wonder if PJ tried that with Lowry...and how that convo would have went.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I wonder if PJ tried that with Lowry...and how that convo would have went.
                      Kyle chokes under pressure. It would impact his shot. lol

Comment

• Kyle was actually pretty good and steady through this years playoff run.

Comment

• Is Vince still under contract anywhere or is he currently a free agent?

Thoughts on him to fill a spot on the roster? Think it would be good to get someone that would be strong to have in the locker room and help further unite the team together.

Of course there's the obvious nostalgic feel of him returning, just wondering if there's been much said about him?

Comment

• The nostalgic feel of him returning is just opening the wounds again about how he quit on his teammates and the fans. Can we FINALLY forget about bringing back some downgrade version of Vince for the memories? That's more what I'd expect a lousy rebuilding team to do as a distraction. Let it go.

Comment

• This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.
                                Not to be too pessimistic and I'll obviously get caught up in the hype as the season goes but we're still another all star off getting close with GSW I'd have thought.

Obviously if we can add a strong roster player I'm all for it. Just like the idea of getting someone who has been a star like he has in the locker room, especially if he's someone that helps make Toronto a more enjoyable experience for Kawai.

Comment

Working...
                                X