No announcement yet.

Everything Vince Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No thanks to Vince. Or to any other 30+ year old wing player who really isn't very good anymore.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2yrs/$8.35mil ($6.35 guaranteed) left on his contract that takes him to 40. Not the best situation but a necessary one in the long term I think.
      Last edited by RepTdot; Sat May 16, 2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        No thanks to Vince. Or to any other 30+ year old wing player who really isn't very good anymore.
        I know, right? What are we, the Brooklyn Nets?

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          to hire him back in a role after he retires...he needs a victory lap. but yeah as much as Ross needs to get traded...it would not be for VC unless its part of a package deal with Grizz that includes other pieces.
          Why does he need a victory lap? What difference does that make?

2yrs/$8.35mil left on his contract that takes him to 40. Not the best situation but a necessary one in the long term I think.
          Why is it necessary? And in what way does it have anything to do with the long term?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Why does he need a victory lap? What difference does that make?

Why is it necessary? And in what way does it have anything to do with the long term?
            its makes a difference for the great value he can contribute to both the Raptors organization and Canada Basketball after his career for which requires an "official" re-union on the court for fan acceptance, marketing, PR and all that kinda corporate shit...and really to bring him back as a veteran presence in a mid-end bench player role that can offer that kinda of value after is worth it. Look at it at a 1yr/$6.35mil deal for the post career value of what that re-union would bring.
            Last edited by RepTdot; Sat May 16, 2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

its makes a difference for the great value he can contribute to both the Raptors organization and Canada Basketball after his career for which requires an "official" re-union on the court for fan acceptance, marketing, PR and all that kinda corporate shit...and really to bring him back as a veteran presence in a mid-end bench player role that can offer that kinda of value after is worth it.
              No, it doesn't. What it does do is give MLSE another gimmick to sell. But otherwise, it's not going to make a tangible difference related to bringing him back after he retires. In fact, propping him up as a gimmick to sell tickets and jerseys may actually make it more difficult to bring him back after if it doesn't pan out too well. Could just generate more ill-will toward him...

I can see it now..."why did we bring Wince back?! He's done and just wasting a bench spot. And we have to listen to Matt talk about how great he's been for the organization and ball in Canada every fucking game. Just another move made to make money instead of making the team better"...

*Also I feel like people are way overrating Vince's value as a "veteran leader". He's a good vet. A good team guy. But he's not a strong leader who will imprint some kind of competitive edge on youngsters. He is not what Minny is trying to get out of Garnett, for example.
              Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat May 16, 2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

No, it doesn't. What it does do is give MLSE another gimmick to sell. But otherwise, it's not going to make a tangible difference related to bringing him back after he retires. In fact, propping him up as a gimmick to sell tickets and jerseys may actually make it more difficult to bring him back after if it doesn't pan out too well. Could just generate more ill-will toward him...

I can see it now..."why did we bring Wince back?! He's done and just wasting a bench spot. And we have to listen to Matt talk about how great he's been for the organization and ball in Canada every fucking game. Just another move made to make money instead of making the team better"...
                well I can't deny that it would be mainly a marketing/PR move...jersey/ticket sales was jump, marketing gimmicks out the ass, nostalgia till we throw up, a feel-good story covered around the NBA till we start looking like an episode of the care bears...but I do feel he can bring some value on the court and in the locker-room, it really is a mid to end of the rotation bench spot not a core position. I don't think Vince could join the raptors or Canada basketball in any role without putting our jersey on first one more time and having that closure and I do think that he would be involved in both post career given the chance. anyway i'd like to see it happen but don't think it will.

Comment

Bear wrote: View Post
                  I would welcome him with open arms.

Also, the thought of vc mentoring a guy like ross would be fantastic.
                  Bang on. TRoss' attitude mimicks that of VC at a similar age.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Based on? I don't see it.

Comment

its makes a difference for the great value he can contribute to both the Raptors organization and Canada Basketball after his career for which requires an "official" re-union on the court for fan acceptance, marketing, PR and all that kinda corporate shit...and really to bring him back as a veteran presence in a mid-end bench player role that can offer that kinda of value after is worth it. Look at it at a 1yr/$6.35mil deal for the post career value of what that re-union would bring.
                      You're making a lot of assumptions, mainly that VC is interested in a career with Canada Basketball when he retires, or that Canada Basketball is going to offer him a position for that matter. Whose to say that he won't just retire in the sun in Orlando?

He's not a player that we should be targeting at all, but especially not for these reasons.

Comment

What?

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                          You're making a lot of assumptions, mainly that VC is interested in a career with Canada Basketball when he retires, or that Canada Basketball is going to offer him a position for that matter. Whose to say that he won't just retire in the sun in Orlando?

He's not a player that we should be targeting at all, but especially not for these reasons.
                          my assumption is that VC is interested in working with Canada Basketball, but without getting into too many details, I know Canada Basketball would like VC as part of their growth plans.

Comment

at 24 and in his 3rd yr in the league Vince was a ROY, 2x all star, averaging 27 a game as the face of the franchise...don't think its an accurate comparison but get that the biggest benefactor to VC would be Ross

Comment

Based on? I don't see it.
                              Defiant attitude. Me vs the world mentality.

Comment

Defiant attitude. Me vs the world mentality.
                                ahhh 7th yr 28yr old VC...shit If Ross is already as jaded as that, he's hopeless

Comment

Working...
                                X