Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moog
    replied
    Where the VC love out hear on this fan board ? Yeah Raps are amazing with the the current cast of characters but VC thread must be revived. VC to the Raptors ... make it happen baby !!

I'm just a sentimental fool.

Leave a comment:

• Superjudge
    replied
    Atta boy VC

Leave a comment:

• Zainab
    replied
    View this post on Instagram

Still Vinsanity.

A post shared by Bleacher Report (@bleacherreport) on

Leave a comment:

• Westinghouse24
    replied
    RepTdot wrote: View Post
    its makes a difference for the great value he can contribute to both the Raptors organization and Canada Basketball after his career for which requires an "official" re-union on the court for fan acceptance, marketing, PR and all that kinda corporate shit...and really to bring him back as a veteran presence in a mid-end bench player role that can offer that kinda of value after is worth it. Look at it at a 1yr/$6.35mil deal for the post career value of what that re-union would bring.
    You are right. I shouldn't make fun of the soon-to-be former city of Toronto, now on the verge of collapsing into a dystopian wasteland....

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    The gift that keeps on giving

There’s been a couple of different incarnations of this deal. The first one, the Heat didn’t want to take back Gorgui Dieng. Then, the next incarnation of the deal was ‘OK forget it, let’s just do it straight up, just for Jimmy on your end.’ They finally relented on Josh Richardson. They were giving them Josh Richardson, then Dion Waiters was going to be the cap filler and then a protected first-round pick.

The medicals were exchanged, which generally in the NBA means this is a done deal. And then, Thibs called back and wanted more picks. And Pat Riley literally — I was told — called him a motherbleeper and hung up the phone.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/report-pat-...034719927.html

Leave a comment:

• Cody73
    replied
    https://streamable.com/dkttf

Vince makes it looks so easy..... at 41, no less.

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    Just stumbled on this article. "Vince Carter knows a thing or two about being a Toronto Raptors icon and getting traded.

So, he can sympathize with the hurt feelings DeMar DeRozan experienced after getting dealt from the only NBA team he’d ever known in a swap with the San Antonio Spurs that landed Toronto Kawhi Leonard."

Sorry, what? Random but from what I know, not really sure why someone would start a piece like this

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    dylan123 wrote: View Post
    Is Vince still under contract anywhere or is he currently a free agent?

Thoughts on him to fill a spot on the roster? Think it would be good to get someone that would be strong to have in the locker room and help further unite the team together.

Of course there's the obvious nostalgic feel of him returning, just wondering if there's been much said about him?
    He's a free agent. But we are STACKED at the wing. There's no room for him here. Heck, even if we trade a depth wing for a big he'd still get zero minutes, which he'd surely have no interest in, based on previous comments/reports.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.
    Not to be too pessimistic and I'll obviously get caught up in the hype as the season goes but we're still another all star off getting close with GSW I'd have thought.

Obviously if we can add a strong roster player I'm all for it. Just like the idea of getting someone who has been a star like he has in the locker room, especially if he's someone that helps make Toronto a more enjoyable experience for Kawai.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    This season is all about winning a title. There are better options, he had his chance.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The nostalgic feel of him returning is just opening the wounds again about how he quit on his teammates and the fans. Can we FINALLY forget about bringing back some downgrade version of Vince for the memories? That's more what I'd expect a lousy rebuilding team to do as a distraction. Let it go.

Leave a comment:

• dylan123
    replied
    Is Vince still under contract anywhere or is he currently a free agent?

Thoughts on him to fill a spot on the roster? Think it would be good to get someone that would be strong to have in the locker room and help further unite the team together.

Of course there's the obvious nostalgic feel of him returning, just wondering if there's been much said about him?

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Kyle was actually pretty good and steady through this years playoff run.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    I wonder if PJ tried that with Lowry...and how that convo would have went.
    Kyle chokes under pressure. It would impact his shot. lol

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post
    PJ Tucker had similar affect on DD's defence for a short period.
    I wonder if PJ tried that with Lowry...and how that convo would have went.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X