Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one that feels AB will not see any time in the D-league. The people talking about him spending the year there or long chunks of time are basing this off of what exactly?

His first two years he was never healthy or in shape. He has corrected both those issues this summer and performed very well at a competition level higher than the D-league. I think Paterson should be worried about his minutes! Not Ronald Roberts.
    I agree. Bennett will be part of the 12 suiting up every night.
    Lowry/Joseph/Wright
    DeRozen/Ross
    Carroll/Johnson
    Patterson/Scola/Bennett
    JV/Biyombo

Comment

• It's hard to see any downside in the move. The Raptors couldn't have gotten him for any cheaper, or on any shorter term. And it's not like there's much precedent for getting this combination of youth/talent only two years after they were the number one pick without some type of debilitating injury or major character flaw.

Now, he has a long way to go before we can start cranking up the 2Pat trade scenarios but regardless, it's still exciting that we've added him for essentially free.

Comment

• Edgar wrote: View Post
        We REALLY should avoid calling him or any future raptor "AB" for very obvious reasons.... No one deserves that comparison...
        Agreed, Andre Barrett's fantastic Raptors career should never be compared to.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Patterson and scola are much better, and more importantly proven, NBA players than Bennett.

The people talking about him playing in the DLeague are recognizing his need to play above all else.
          Yes ... this.

He's hardly played in two years. Frustrating, with all the pressure of a no. 1. He must have felt like a million dollars (no - two million!) playing as an important part of a good team actually chasing something (for Canada). And he was playing at a good weight and healthy.

I think he's completely pressed the "re-set" button. "If you build it, they will come". He's got to play some minutes and up his game. Let the NBA minutes and dollars take care of themselves.

So if you were his mom or dad - wouldn't you say:

"Find a good organization, son ... and one that gives a shit about you. Then do the following:

Stay healthy. Practice hard. Do as you're told. Learn the game. Play ... and learn to enjoy the game again."

If that means time (but less pressure - and playing) at the 905's - excellent. Don't we all think the 905's were created for just this purpose (for Powell and Bebe and Bruno, etc)? And we can't wait for these guys to "get there", right?

So where's the problem (if need be - if he can get minutes on the Raps, I'm not philosophically against it)?

Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Sat Sep 26, 2015, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Patterson is a role player who does it wonderfully. His simple stats don't impress but his advanced most certainly do.

Bennett is the equivalent of hot garbage right now. A #1 pick just 2 seasons ago couldn't be GIVEN away this summer. Then 4 teams wouldn't waste cap space or TPE to claim him. Now he is signing for minimum.

If he plays much better, and I hope he does, expectations can certainly change. But right now the guy has shown nothing to suggest he can be more than a Brandon Bass type player at best.
            I'm pretty sure that Bennett, his agent and the Raps orchestrated how this went down after a trade wouldn't pan out for the Wolves. It is written somewhere on ESPN that his agent was requesting that no one claim him (I would not have been surprised to see him in Portland with Triano). And then the Raps immediately signed him. I would not say that no one wanted him except the Raps. He's still getting paid 4.8 mil this year.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              It's pretty easy to say this from afar, but I'm willing to give the man a shot with a team that supposedly built to fit his coaching strengths. Sure, if he/the team fail to improve on the last two seasons, it's going to be disappointing. He almost assuredly won't be back if that happens, but to call the guy dumb is just silly. I really don't get the personal jabs a lot of people have against coaches/players/management. Say he's not a good head coach, maybe, but he's not in that position if he's dumb.
              Anyone who doesn't show an ounce of common sense is pretty dumb in my book. He does some really stupid shit on the court, ESPECIALLY when you're talking about lineups and substitutions. But I do agree the personal jabs aren't called for so I'll just say he's a terrible coach.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                It really is lining up that way though. We might see a little Scola at the 5, a little Cory at the 2, but otherwise I actually think we're safe.

Thanks Masai.
                You're never safe with Casey. Greivis played SF at times....at too many times....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• We'll get to see Bennett in action a week from Sunday against the Clippers.

Comment

• RYE wrote: View Post
                    I'm pretty sure that Bennett, his agent and the Raps orchestrated how this went down after a trade wouldn't pan out for the Wolves. It is written somewhere on ESPN that his agent was requesting that no one claim him (I would not have been surprised to see him in Portland with Triano). And then the Raps immediately signed him. I would not say that no one wanted him except the Raps. He's still getting paid 4.8 mil this year.
                    What he requests is irrelevant.

Thomas Robinson requested same thing last year hoping to sign with Brooklyn only to see 76ers pick him up.

I would say every team in the league would like to sign every player for the minimum. To say no other team didn't want him for the minimum would likely be inaccurate. To say no one wanted him on his rookie deal is 100% accurate. Wolves couldn't even trade him for a top 55 protected 2nd round pick.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
                      We'll get to see Bennett in action a week from Sunday against the Clippers.
                      Forgot about the preseason. Interested on how he and the other young players look.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• The only person who should be upset with signing Bennett on a minimum contract is Ronald Roberts, Jr.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Easily one of the best 15th-man pickup-stories of the season:

For someone who is "overweight" and "unathletic", he's still got to be one of the explosive players I've seen.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            For someone who is "overweight" and "unathletic", he's still got to be one of the explosive players I've seen.
                            Who called him unathletic?

Definitely athletic.

Comment

Who called him unathletic?

Definitely athletic.
                              I'm sure I've seen that term bandied out, in relation to his breathing problems and weight issues. I could be mistaken.

Still, for a fat guy he get's up. Haha

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                I'm sure I've seen that term bandied out, in relation to his breathing problems and weight issues. I could be mistaken.

Still, for a fat guy he get's up. Haha
                                Definitely overweight.... or at least was.

But yeah, he is an athletic dude - fat or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X