Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    He essentially engineered his way here
    Come on now. Add the "after historic failure to the start of his career"

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      Come on now. Add the "after historic failure to the start of his career"
      I thought that part was pretty evident and didn't require mentioning
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
        I like the signing, but the optimism here is ridiculous. I want him to succeed, and would love to see him tear it up this season, but how on Earth is he supposed to do that? Where are the minutes coming from? Patterson and Scola will chew up most of the PF minutes and JJ is supposed to see time at the position so I just don't see it. D-league time might be good for him, but seems stupid all things considered. ....
        If he spends a month in the D-League, presumably he will be learning all of the Raptors defensive assignments, offensive systems, along with options. He could be doing that as the main guy at PF and getting a chance to practice in game situations.

I don't see how that hurts him at all.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          If he spends a month in the D-League, presumably he will be learning all of the Raptors defensive assignments, offensive systems, along with options.
          Actually, the only thing we're going to be teaching in the D-League is how to pound the rock.
          We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• My vote was to name the team the Pickaxes.
            We make mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils.

Comment

• Dwane Casey wrote: View Post
              My vote was to name the team the Pickaxes.
              905 Pickaxes is a lot of Pickaxes.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Sounds like the plan with Bennett is long term and not just this year.

Toronto Raptors general manager Masai Ujiri doesn’t look at Anthony Bennett as just another flyer on a player at the end of his rope.

Despite signing the former No. 1 overall pick to a one-year minimum contract, Ujiri sees future growth potential.

“We’re trying to develop him,” Ujiri told Bob McCown and Ken Reid on Sportsnet 590 The FAN’s Prime Time Sports Monday. “He’s putting in the work, he’s putting in the work on his body, he’s putting in the work on conditioning and for us it’s a one-year minimum deal but we see this as a long-term thing where he continues to develop and make progress with us.”
                Good article and video:
                http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ng-term-thing/

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  Well Ross has proven more in the NBA than Bennett, so not really an insult comp. Bennett has a lot to prove this year and hopefully this is the right environment for him to do it.
                  I think all he's got to prove, this year, is that he can relax, get his mind right, be a good teammate and follow instructions. If he can do that, I think most of us would agree that he's got the tools to be, at least, a lot better than Patrick Patterson ... who has proven, as we now speak, a good back-up power forward in today's NBA.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-...035346398.html

Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett hopes to revive career with hometown Raptors

"We look at giving Anthony an opportunity to actually grow and be a player," Ujiri said. "It's not a one-year thing here. It's going to take time. All that No. 1 pick and all that stuff, we had a conversation with him. Let's move on from that. Now it's about how you become a very good NBA player, which we all know he can be."

Raptors coach Dwane Casey says Bennett reminds him of Los Angeles Lakers forward Brandon Bass, who he coached with the Dallas Mavericks, and is impressive defensively. Casey doesn't plan to use him at small forward.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/former-...035346398.html

Former No. 1 pick Anthony Bennett hopes to revive career with hometown Raptors
                      You can't revive something that you never had
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        Sounds like the plan with Bennett is long term and not just this year.

Good article and video:
                        http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...ng-term-thing/
                        Bomb bomb
                        #JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• AB poster from tonight:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• That was sick. Sucks he got hurt shortly after. Hopefully it's not a sprain. Kid just can't catch a break.

Comment

• BS10 wrote: View Post
                              AB poster from tonight:

If it was Lebron, he would have gone to the line for +1, there was enough contact there.

Comment

• How soon til we hear what's up with his ankle?

Comment

Working...
                                X