X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tonious35
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    He arranged his own buy-out. Gave up money to secure his freedom. To come here. Like he was shot out of a cannon.
    I am picturing that in my mind and it makes me laugh

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    he didn't lose that much of his actual salary. i think he got 3 from minny and then his toronto salary too. he needs teaching and maturity. if he wants to stay in the pros he needs to work hard and needs people that really want him to succeed. he was a throw in in the love trade to a place that didn't want him from a place that didn't want him and now he is in a place that would love to have a talented canadian able to play good minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    I guess he'd rather be benched at home

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    tDotted wrote: View Post
    And Bennett agreed to come here.. to play 6 minutes... on a good night. lol.
    So why did Bennett come here?

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Minny agreed to the buy out cause they didn't have minutes for him in the frontcourt.
    And Bennett agreed to come here.. to play 6 minutes... on a good night. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Left a place that gave him the most minutes he'll ever get, to ride the bench for a non contender.. because he wants to see the CN Tower every other day I presume? Smh.
    Minny agreed to the buy out cause they didn't have minutes for him in the frontcourt.

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    He arranged his own buy-out. Gave up money to secure his freedom. To come here. Like he was shot out of a cannon.
    Well that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Left a place that gave him the most minutes he'll ever get, to ride the bench for a non contender.. because he wants to see the CN Tower every other day I presume? Smh.

Leave a comment:

• Wild-ling#1
    replied
    He got waived from Minnesota

Leave a comment:

• 3inthekeon
    replied
    He was bought out.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...ny-bennett-36m

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    kind of my point. he gave up money to leave minnesota to go where he could grow his game. there is no chance casey and the assistants haven't explained to and shown him what they want him to do.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Remember, he's only 1.5 million for this year and going all in this year
    kind of my point. he gave up money to leave minnesota to go where he could grow his game. there is no chance casey and the assistants haven't explained to and shown him what they want him to do.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i agree with this. but he has the ball on the floor game to go with range. making a 4 go out to guard him who either has to play for the shot and bennett beats him with the dribble or plays the dribble and bennett takes the shot opens the floor for everyone.

i don't think he is stupid. i think he is lazy. 20 year old kid whose physical birth traits made him a multi-millionaire and all of a sudden you tell him he needs to work hard. the nothing he has done so far has been enough to earn everything he will ever want in life. if he wants to be a basketball player he needs to work his ass off. i would rather see him in the d-league playing every possession like powell. powell hasn't taken a shift off. bennett jogs back, loses covers, doesn't box out. you aren't down there to get your 20 minutes.
    I really think Bennett has a confidence shattered issue. Yes he has these lapses in the work ethic, but if a winning ball club can let him know what he''s got to do on and off the court to be part of a playoff contending team, he knows that he's gotta change more things for the better. Remember, he's only 1.5 million for this year and going all in this year

Leave a comment:

• Chr1s1anL
    replied
    Obviously he had confidence going against Powell. It felt like a team Canada practise. Still liked what I seen.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Thu Dec 24, 2015, 12:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    He looked alright in my opinion, didn't really stand out but that's not the worst thing. Nice drive against Zaza (I think) where he finished with a lay up.

It seems he's okay with corner 3s, but anything else he just can't really hit. Still much rather have Patterson out there though.
    Pretty sure the drive was against Powell, a much more mobile defender than Zaza. It was a nice sign.

Leave a comment:

• rightsideup
    replied
    He did also have that great drive

Leave a comment:

Working...
X