Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magoon wrote: View Post
    I'm sure he's more than willing, but Bruno is the priority for the D-League right now (as he should be; his ceiling is highest) and that means the Raps only have one more main roster slot they can assign to 905. Right now it's Delon Wright, because there's less likelihood of Delon being needed in a game with the Raps' guard depth. But I'm sure Bennett will get D-League time this season, given that he was expressly asking for it when he was with Cleveland and Minnesota and plus the fact that the Raptors clearly consider Bennett a long-term project.
    Raps have 2 PG they have 1SF 1C and every one else is a 2 or 4 or Biyombo

Comment

• Comment

• yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
        He doesn't deserve the court time rn, but he really needs it.

If I were him, I'd ask Masai to go down to the d league and light it up
        When you look at what Cory did with spurs(request some d league time)it certainly did not hurt his development and he also spent time with big team observing his teamates and learning professionalism while on the bench

Comment

• I feel Bennett is not mentally tough enough to really take in the NBA.

Comment

• AB can play i've seen it, but right now, i don't think he has a lot of confidence in his game.

Send him to the DLeague, let him regain his confidence there. Call him up when he's ready and see what happens.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rightsideup wrote: View Post
              When you look at what Cory did with spurs(request some d league time)it certainly did not hurt his development and he also spent time with big team observing his teamates and learning professionalism while on the bench
              Had to go look for it, but this reminded me of this great article:
              Near the end of a long day, Cory Joseph pulled out his phone. He punched in a number that belonged to Gregg Popovich and waited.

Joseph had practiced hard but felt sluggish. He’d stayed after for extra shooting but felt odd. A day earlier, he’d been recalled from the Spurs’ D-League affiliate in Austin but couldn’t muster much excitement.

The Spurs had a game the next day in Dallas, and Joseph knew what he had to do. When Pop answered the call, Joseph made a surprising request.

Can I go back to the D-League?

There was, Joseph recalls, two or three seconds of silence. It isn’t often a first-round NBA pick asks to be reassigned to the D-League. It may be unprecedented for a first-rounder to make the request after four previous D-League stops in the same season.

But there was Joseph, on the phone with Pop, explaining why the move would be in everyone’s best interest. “Let’s do it,” Pop said.

Joseph packed, and practiced the next morning with the Toros. “I could be sitting on the bench in San Antonio,” Joseph explains, “or I could be getting better.”

That was the big picture perspective of a 21-year-old point guard. Pop marveled. Kid wants to play at a lower level to improve his game for the next level? “Usually,” Pop says, “you don’t get that kind of a request.”

The Spurs recalled Joseph a month later, and look at him now. In his first five starts he has averaged 8.8 points and 2.6 assists in 22.8 minutes. No one saw that coming. Of course, no one saw Tony Parker going down with a sprained ankle. But when he did, Joseph did not disappoint.

“He’s improved significantly,” Pop says.

That wasn’t going to happen in San Antonio. No matter how hard he worked in practice. No matter how long he stayed after to work on his shot. No matter how well he listened to coaches. No matter how much film he studied.

“I needed to play,” Joseph says.

Source
              Really speaks to the maturity that CoJo possesses, and I agree this is exactly what AB needs.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                Had to go look for it, but this reminded me of this great article:

Really speaks to the maturity that CoJo possesses, and I agree this is exactly what AB needs.
                CoJo for coach?
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• With Bebe up, we can send AB down for the time being, can we not?
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    With Bebe up, we can send AB down for the time being, can we not?
                    We can't if he doesn't want to.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      We can't if he doesn't want to.
                      I don't think the players really have a say in the matter. If MU decides AB belongs in the D-League, then he's gotta go. I'm pretty sure anyway.

Comment

I don't think the players really have a say in the matter. If MU decides AB belongs in the D-League, then he's gotta go. I'm pretty sure anyway.
                        I think players don't have a choice if they haven't been in the nba for at least 3 years. If they have more than 3 years experience they can deny the assignment.

Comment

• slamdunk23 wrote: View Post
                          I think players don't have a choice if they haven't been in the nba for at least 3 years. If they have more than 3 years experience they can deny the assignment.
                          Oh that's really interesting, I didn't know that actually!
                          Though, that still doesn't include AB.

Comment

I am pretty sure MU would have told Bennet that he will spend some time in the D league to work on his game prior to signing here and I am sure Bennet did agree to it. Otherwise MU lied to Bennet he would get some good minutes here or Bennet wasn't too bright to sign here given the Raptors goals are somewhat high and there is very little room for tolerance or patience for errors and bad basketball.

Bennet should spend half of his time in the D league, so like Bruno he can launch ten 3 pointer's per game and not worry if he is shooting 20%.

Comment

• Watching Bennett play tonight I got to ask, why are we using him as a three point shooter?

Honestly he needs to establish his career by attacking the rim off the roll and using his speed and finishing ability at the rim. Don't know why coaches see him as a spot up shooter....

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Watching Bennett play tonight I got to ask, why are we using him as a three point shooter?

Honestly he needs to establish his career by attacking the rim off the roll and using his speed and finishing ability at the rim. Don't know why coaches see him as a spot up shooter....
                                Hes big and strong hence jump shooter. Ross is weak and shakey hence rim run. Biyombo has no thumbs so low post and lob passes

Comment

Working...
                                X