No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp starts on Monday and I'm guessing Bennett is in Toronto while his buyout is being taking cared of hmm....
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      You'd play Rudez and Martin over Ross?
      I think the better questions is ... You'd start Ross over anyone? Haha

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        At the minimum. Why wouldn't Masai take a look at him?
        Looks like a no brainer to me. 2 Canucks for the price of 1!

He'll have a devil of a time getting playing time with us, but Masai could quite easily sell him on the situation.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          Don't Raptors have one open roster spot
          Think we have 15 roster spots filled .. the last one with a guy named Roberts for 500K. I don't know if we can fit him in with our cap being what it is. Is he better than Roberts .. one would think ...
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Bennett didn't light the world on fire this summer, but at least we know he's in playing shape.

Comment

• Roberts isn't guaranteed, presumably because Masai suspected Bennett's buyout was going to happen.

Comment

• Bennett is an undersized, overweight PF who likes to shoot long jumpers even though he can't shoot. Why would anyone want him, i have no idea.

Oh i get it he's Canadian.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  Think we have 15 roster spots filled .. the last one with a guy named Roberts for 500K. I don't know if we can fit him in with our cap being what it is. Is he better than Roberts .. one would think ...
                  That's only partially guaranteed. Roberts is signed to compete at training camp for the 15th spot. We can still sign players to minimum (guaranteed) contracts.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    Bennett is an undersized, overweight PF who likes to shoot long jumpers even though he can't shoot. Why would anyone want him, i have no idea.

Oh i get it he's Canadian.
                    Canadian, 22 years old, and he didn't look all that out of shape this summer. Oh, and it's for next-to-no money, and for the 15th spot on the roster. That's why.

Comment

• I'd take a flier on him with an unguaranteed minimum contract, year 2 team option.

Last spot comes down to him or Roberts.

If he can't beat out a summer league signing.... Uh oh

Comment

• Maybe he can sign for the veterans minimum or something like that. Have to think that he is worth a look as your 15th player. He got hurt in his first year and never lifted anything besides a fork and as a result he balloned up 25 pounds or more over playing weight. That was dumb and on him, but he was is what 22 years old ?

Be a good camp story if nothing else. Local kid gets a chance at redemption. Nothing to lose here if we do get him in the fold.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• Just seen the news. I don't get it. Why would wolves waive healthy and fit Bennett? Do they know something we don't?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Just seen the news. I don't get it. Why would wolves waive healthy and fit Bennett? Do they know something we don't?
                            If you've seen him play you'll know.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Just seen the news. I don't get it. Why would wolves waive healthy and fit Bennett? Do they know something we don't?
                              Towns, Dieng, Payne, Garnett

He is waaaay down on the depth chart.

Comment

• I don't know if AB would get much burn... big rotation is pretty set (although not spectacular). JV, Scola, Patterson, Biyombo, Bebe (and I'd rather give Bebe minutes over AB). Maybe a 3rd string PF, and end up being our Chuck Hayes?

Would AB be willing to take the minimum to come here? I believe that is all we'd have to offer as we gave the room exception to Biyombo already. I know that's silly to ask because he's really worth no much more than the minimum at this point, but that's the only way he'd be able to sign here.

Comment

Working...
                                X