No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• at the price point of essentially free, i don't see a problem with it.

Comment

• Philly and POrtland with enough cap space to pick him up off waivers.

Cleveland has a TPE big enough to absorb.

Philly has a lot of 4's. Not sure why they pick him up. They already will struggle to give minutes to the guys they have.

Portland also has a logjam in their big rotation with guys who are actually more proven than Bennett. Leonard, Ed Davis, Vonleh, Plumlee plus Alexander.

Cleveland picking him up would cost them like $20M - dont' see that happening.

I would think he clears waivers but you never know with Philly.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        If you've seen him play you'll know.
        Tell me mate. I've seen him play for Canada this year. Strong summer. Of course, competition level was different, but kid was healthy and fit for the first time (!?).

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
          Just seen the news. I don't get it. Why would wolves waive healthy and fit Bennett? Do they know something we don't?
          Maybe they came to a sort of mutual understanding that they didn't have developmental minutes to give him and would not extend the QO (who would for that amount)? Flip let him go for the good of his career? I guess it's possible.

They don't save any money if he clears waivers, do they?

Comment

• Can we get him to go play with the 905s for a bit. Bruno, Bennett, Bebe front court developing would be solid

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              I don't know if AB would get much burn... big rotation is pretty set (although not spectacular). JV, Scola, Patterson, Biyombo, Bebe (and I'd rather give Bebe minutes over AB). Maybe a 3rd string PF, and end up being our Chuck Hayes?

Would AB be willing to take the minimum to come here? I believe that is all we'd have to offer as we gave the room exception to Biyombo already. I know that's silly to ask because he's really worth no much more than the minimum at this point, but that's the only way he'd be able to sign here.

If he comes and makes the team and actually plays well, he could make Patterson expendable.

Patterson would be a valuable trade chip I think and, if Bennett is on a 2nd year team option minimum, then he would save about about $5M next year.

But that is a lot of ifs and quite frankly I don't see Bennett displacing Patterson.

He would add depth to the 4 spot next year though - again assuming he panned out.

Biggest thing Bennett needs is to play. Between injuries and situation he has only played about 14minutes per game in 109 NBA games.

Again, he needs to play.

At the very least he would give the DLeague team a significant boost in interest if he was agreeable to go down.

Comment

• Sixers will claim him, I think. Why not?

Comment

Just seen the news. I don't get it. Why would wolves waive healthy and fit Bennett? Do they know something we don't?
                  He costs something like 13 mill in the next two years and he produces at a minimum level.

Im not sure if he is a much better prospect than some of the other guys on this roster. I guess id bring him into training camp but i dont really know if id keep him. To me his being out of shape for the past two years shows bad work ethic. He also doesnt have any nba skill really.

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
                    Can we get him to go play with the 905s for a bit. Bruno, Bennett, Bebe front court developing would be solid
                    He'd have to agree, but that could be a part of the discussion as he comes aboard. After being waived by Minnesota of all franchises, I wouldn't be too proud to dominate the d-league with the 905-squad:

Wright/Powell/Bruno/Bennett/Bebe = sick

To have gone from just Ross and JV to having a 5-man development program its own team in the suburbs in such a short amount of time would be pretty impressive. Remember when Andrea and Joey was the extent of our youth?

Comment

Sixers will claim him, I think. Why not?
                      They might want cap space?

Comment

• I hope he goes somewhere he's got a chance to play. Pacers seem like a good fit, backing up Paul George at SF and Jordan Hill at PF. Indy is pretty thin in the front court. Pistons are another one (Morris and Ilyasova are starters). Portland maybe.
                        Last edited by golden; Mon Sep 21, 2015, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Sixers will claim him, I think. Why not?

They need to spend salary to meet the floor.

Money isn't the issue.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't know if AB would get much burn... big rotation is pretty set (although not spectacular). JV, Scola, Patterson, Biyombo, Bebe (and I'd rather give Bebe minutes over AB). Maybe a 3rd string PF, and end up being our Chuck Hayes?

Would AB be willing to take the minimum to come here? I believe that is all we'd have to offer as we gave the room exception to Biyombo already. I know that's silly to ask because he's really worth no much more than the minimum at this point, but that's the only way he'd be able to sign here.
                            Kind of bugs me when people think Biyombo should be on any teams' rotation. Seriously. He has one skill, and blocking shots does not equal good defender. AB does have defensive issues, but he would automatically be ahead of Bismack.

He wouldn't make Patterson expandable because of his defensive flaws, but, I would feel a lot more confident with him as the third PF option over BB and allow Bebe to backup the 5 exclusively. Especially since Scola is mature. If we can limit Scola's minutes during the season, with a guy like AB playing that role for a few games, the playoffs chances would look a lot better than they do now.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                              Kind of bugs me when people think Biyombo should be on any teams' rotation. Seriously. He has one skill, and blocking shots does not equal good defender. AB does have defensive issues, but he would automatically be ahead of Bismack.
                              Biyombo's defensive numbers are pretty good across the board, no? I'm seeing DRTGs of 99 these last two season. Supposedly he's a great hedger in addition to being a great shot-blocker. Seems to fill Hansbrough's role pretty well. 11.8 rebounds/36. He signed so eagerly that I'd be very surprised if the backup 5 position wasn't all but promised.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post

He wouldn't make Patterson expandable because of his defensive flaws, but, I would feel a lot more confident with him as the third PF option over BB and allow Bebe to backup the 5 exclusively. Especially since Scola is mature. If we can limit Scola's minutes during the season, with a guy like AB playing that role for a few games, the playoffs chances would look a lot better than they do now.
                                Its no about whos better in a vaccum (although i believe bb is better than ab) its about who can play their role best. We need defense and rebounding and bismack is much better for that than ab. Also wont bismack play a lot more centre than pf?

Comment

Working...
                                X