No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this has been answered, but with this contract, we don't get bird rights for him next off-season, do we?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      Not sure if this has been answered, but with this contract, we don't get bird rights for him next off-season, do we?
      Nope. Just regular player rights, which basically let us sign him to a slightly above minimum deal. If he explodes and we want to sign him for real money and term we will need to set aside cap room or an exception to do so.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        Nope. Just regular player rights, which basically let us sign him to a slightly above minimum deal. If he explodes and we want to sign him for real money and term we will need to set aside cap room or an exception to do so.
        Thank you sir!
        Dan on Demand, Delivers again!

Comment

• One thing is certain....someone is getting moved at the trade deadline
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            One thing is certain....someone is getting moved at the trade deadline
            I smell a poll!
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

One thing is certain....someone is getting moved at the trade deadline
              A confident and optimally-contributing Bennett can replace what Patterson brings to the team, in my opinion. I think Scola, as a seasoned Vet, brings more value than just what he offers on the Court... so my vote is PPat if Bennett proves he can play. I think Scola will be a valuable piece for us, and someone I wouldn't mind Bennett learning a thing or two from.

Comment

• The big homie signing the contract, and decked out in Toronto merch:

There's No Place Like Home @raptors ��

A photo posted by Anthony B ���� (@ab3nnett) on

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• I can't wait to see basketball happening....

I almost started a game day thread for next Sunday already!

yeah Patterson seems like the obvious candidate based on his reasonable deal. Perhaps someone will throw us a protected first (top 20) and an expiring for him
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Bennett is signed to what we are currently assuming is a one-year contract. Should his on-court play justify it, what would our approaches be for retaining his services after the contract is over? I assume that agreeing to an extension mid-season would be one option (if perhaps more of a gamble than even the original signing was), and we can always do a straight re-signing of any of our free-agents in the off-season, but if we need to compete for him on a strict salary basis, we may find it difficult to retain his services and still go after a marquee free agent next summer.

Personally, I'm hoping there's a team option on a second year of the contract (if Bennett's camp would have been amenable to that); Bennett actually holding his own in a back-up role on the court with a contract like this could open up some interesting options for consolidation trades (e.g. offering Patterson and Derozan for Horford mid-season).

Comment

• It's been reported as a one year deal. Obviously a two year would have been better, but this entire move was about Bennett getting somewhere where he feels he can prove himself then sign a real non-minimum deal in the summer.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I can't wait to see basketball happening....

I almost started a game day thread for next Sunday already!

yeah Patterson seems like the obvious candidate based on his reasonable deal. Perhaps someone will throw us a protected first (top 20) and an expiring for him
                        If Masai can get a Top 14 Protected pick (I think?) for Vasquez, I'd say he should be able to turn PPat into a winning package for sure.

In Masai we Trust. Amen.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          If Masai can get a Top 14 Protected pick (I think?) for Vasquez, I'd say he should be able to turn PPat into a winning package for sure.

In Masai we Trust. Amen.
                          I was more projecting what the floor for me would be in a deal. I'm sure Masai would find a way to get New York to trade us a 1st round pick

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            It's been reported as a one year deal. Obviously a two year would have been better, but this entire move was about Bennett getting somewhere where he feels he can prove himself then sign a real non-minimum deal in the summer.
                            That's the puzzling thing about this signing from Bennett's POV. Where is he going to get minutes on this squad to prove he can play at the NBA level? Or even a legit shot to earn minutes with this coaching staff that openly gushes about veterans.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                              That's the puzzling thing about this signing from Bennett's POV. Where is he going to get minutes on this squad to prove he can play at the NBA level? Or even a legit shot to earn minutes with this coaching staff that openly gushes about veterans.
                              Let's not pretend he had a 20+ minute per game role he turned down to come here. He was looking at a 3rd PF slot at best no matter where he went. We'll give him minutes, and he can get heavy D-League minutes throughout the year since it will be so easy to send guys there and back. e.g. Bring Bruno up for a game, send him back, send Bennett down for a game, send him back, and so on. You also can't underestimate how much it helps to have the entire crowd behind you every time you step on the court. He's had the exact opposite situation the first two years of his career.

Comment

• I got no beef with us getting Bennett at under 1 mil.

He looked decent in FIBA, but then again he wasn't playng against NBA calibre players most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X