Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    While not intimidating, the USA front court has a lot of NBA experience. Hollins is back in the league, Wilkins had a long career and Randolph was a lottery pick and had a few seasons scoring double digits and is only 26.
    Meh.

Hollins is made of wood.
    Wilkins is pensioner
    Randolph is bust

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
      This is more of a question than anything, but with regards to WS, would the fact that Bennett having played on really terrible teams with 33 & 16 wins respectively, and Barnes' spike coinciding with his team having 61 wins, not play a role in this? Does Win Shares not favour players who's team actually Win, regardless of how much of an impact they really had?
      Yes, that's definitely a factor. Of course, you also run into the whole chicken and egg thing there - is the team terrible because they have a bunch of low WS players or do the players have bad WS numbers because the team is terrible? Did Barnes stay the same and get a numbers boost from his better team or did he get a whole bunch better and help his team win a bunch more games?

Based on my observation, it is a combination of the two, but with more of the equation sitting with the individual player (I find individual ORTG, which is half the equation, tends to depend very much on the player, while the team has a huge impact on the DRTG side of things, probably responsible for a little over half that number - just rough estimating on my part).
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        Can someone confirm that ronald roberts d league rights are held by another team? I was hoping he could stick around the 905s but i think chances are unlikely now.
        Yes, they're owned by Sacramento.
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          what I actually said was.... with 8 Power Forward options...SOMEONE is on the way out.

I then speculated that it could be Patterson because he has the best deal, you could get something for him, and Scola can start.

I don't actually know what will happen but I'm 962% certain SOMETHING will
          Stockpiling assets. Now Masai can make a Harden-to-the Rockets type offer like:

2Pat/Bebe/Wright/2015+2016 1st rounder...

...without sacrificing much current roster depth, or future draft pick depth.

And based on need, he'd be targeting a PF. So the question is, who?
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Stockpiling assets. Now Masai can make a Harden-to-the Rockets type offer like:

2Pat/Bebe/Wright/2015+2016 1st rounder...

...without sacrificing much current roster depth, or future draft pick depth.

And based on need, he'd be targeting a PF. So the question is, who?
            Does the Bennett thing change this forecast quite a bit, though?

Bennett and Tristan Thompson are, arguably, in competition for spots on the hometown NBA team and Team Canada. This is another sense in which Bennett might be supremely motivated looking down the road ... and be prepared to knuckle down and play anytime, anywhere to learn and grow.

So we might be able to get .... sort of several kinds of "hometown discount" from Bennett - particularly with Thompson as an FA next off-season. I really think it could be very important to get the Bennett thing right.

Canadian high-end talent. Maybe this changes everything ....
            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• Anhtony Bennett on the FAN 590 NEXT!! (AFTER 10:00) ****
              Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Stephen Brunt asks Bennett: "What appeals to you about coming back to your hometown to play?"

Answser: "Everything. The fans support, the family support, the players, coaches, but mainly I think this is the best move to help my development long term".

The Raptors have not yet spoken to Bennett about his role with the team.

Short interview tho'.
                Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                  Does the Bennett thing change this forecast quite a bit, though?

Bennett and Tristan Thompson are, arguably, in competition for spots on the hometown NBA team and Team Canada. This is another sense in which Bennett might be supremely motivated looking down the road ... and be prepared to knuckle down and play anytime, anywhere to learn and grow.

So we might be able to get .... sort of several kinds of "hometown discount" from Bennett - particularly with Thompson as an FA next off-season. I really think it could be very important to get the Bennett thing right.

Canadian high-end talent. Maybe this changes everything ....

So
                  Um there is zero competition with Bennett and Thompson on team Canada. TT is the way better player.
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• AB interview:

#JaysWinningLikeItz93'

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Um there is zero competition with Bennett and Thompson on team Canada. TT is the way better player.
                      Yeah, the competition is with Nicholson for 1st big off the bench behind TT and Olynyk, but I'd assume Bennett has the edge considering he started over Nicholson all summer. TT would have been freaking huge for Team Canada, sucks his stupid contract situation kept him out.

Comment

Yeah, the competition would probably be between Olynyck and Bennett.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
                          Stephen Brunt asks Bennett: "What appeals to you about coming back to your hometown to play?"

Answser: "Everything. The fans support, the family support, the players, coaches, but mainly I think [this is the best move to help my development long term".

The Raptors have not yet spoken to Bennett about his role with the team.

Short interview tho'.
                          This cant be right I thought our coaching staff was terrible at development.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I saw Norman Powell wearing #24, so I wonder what number Bennett will wear? Anyone?

Comment

Now, sure. And Bennett's stock is (we hope) at an all-time low. But everyone was speculating TT might come here ... as soon as this year. And quite possibly next.

Bennett's got the inside track now, obviously. I'm wondering how much, if at all, that kind of jockeying might have played into Bennett's decision to give up $2M and get here now. As low as his stock is ... he's still got a chance to turn heads, hasn't he?

Those heads are now all local. And if any of this is true, and if he shows enough, we could be in about as ideal a situation as can be, in this regard, come 2016 re-signing time.

Quite a few "ifs". But still not utter fantasy, right?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                This cant be right I thought our coaching staff was terrible at development.
                                Bennett doesn't have a clue what he's getting himself into

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X