Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    I saw Norman Powell wearing #24, so I wonder what number Bennett will wear? Anyone?
    Probably 15

He wore that at UNLV and in Cleveland

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Bennett doesn't have a clue what he's getting himself into

But, you do right?
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Bennett doesn't have a clue what he's getting himself into

Yeah. Fresh start. Hometown (in home country). Family and friends around him. Nurse. Kalamian. Scola. A winning NBA team. A local D-League team.

Fucking disaster.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
          Now, sure. And Bennett's stock is (we hope) at an all-time low. But everyone was speculating TT might come here ... as soon as this year. And quite possibly next.

Bennett's got the inside track now, obviously. I'm wondering how much, if at all, that kind of jockeying might have played into Bennett's decision to give up $2M and get here now. As low as his stock is ... he's still got a chance to turn heads, hasn't he?

Those heads are now all local. And if any of this is true, and if he shows enough, we could be in about as ideal a situation as can be, in this regard, come 2016 re-signing time.

Quite a few "ifs". But still not utter fantasy, right?
          Ideally Bennett plays like a boss and we can bring him back next offseason on a cheap 3 year deal (3 years $9-$12M total) to replace Scola as the backup PF. His cap hold will be tiny so he could be one of our last signings, or just use an exception on him. If Bennett still looks like a bust then oh well, we didn't lose anything by giving him a chance.

Comment

• Honestly.....

a whole lot of chatter on this board about OTR this OHKIUEY that stat this, PEr that.

Forget ALL of it.

There are two things that will happen here;

1. Anthony Bennett was a gamble that didn't pay off because he is simply not good enough for the NBA.

2. Anthony Bennett was not ready for the #1 label. Add to that, some seriously horrific luck physically, and a lack of ability to handle the media pressure held this guy back. He was known to live too much in his own head, beat himself up..... and he ended up cut.

Bennett spent the Summer in a comfortable place. He was allowed to just be another ball player and he rebounded from his negative hole in leap sand bounds. He got healthy physically first, that was HUGE for him. He also shed weight, and matured mentally, emotionally. He was on a team that didn't need to gamble on him, a lot of other teams would NOT have cut him, but Minny could. So Toronto steps in a BANG, they have a former #1 first over all pick, who is still a kid. A massive, strong, fast, talented kid with perfect shooting form.

So here is what I think the OTHER scenario is. Bannett is going to rebound. He was a top pick that guys were salivating over for a reason. He has all the tools still, only now they are healthy. he is home, which for a thinker like him is going to be really positive for his journey back. He's in Toronto where the fans will absolutely push him to succeed. Perhaps he is never a star, but he will be a very good addition.

This is a steal for masai.
            This is a steal for Toronto.
            And as I suspected, masai is building "We the north". Thompson and Wiggins will follow. You will see.

Using stats and all that shit to evaluate this one wont work. This is all feel and straight up hoops. we all know this guy can ball, question is, what Bennett are we getting. My bet is on scenario 2. I'm pretty stoked he is a Raptor.... like massively Stoked.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
              Yeah. Hometown in home country, and family and friends around him. Nurse. Kalamian. Scola. A winning NBA team. A local D-League team.

Fucking disaster.
              Well Bennett signed 1 yr year deal so he probably expects to play no?

Well he isn't getting any minutes whatsoever

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                But, you do right?
                Playing at home, in one of the craziest sports media markets in the world... can you say fishbowl?

He's saying all the right things, and I'm sure there's a certain amount of desire to play at home, where you're most comfortable (especially when both your confidence and image are at an all-time low).

I think what MACK11 was referring to is the fact that playing in Toronto is about as close to the polar opposite of "comfortable" as you can get, given the intense scrutiny he'll be under from the fans, media, etc... Plus, that's only if he's able to actually get some playing time, despite being buried on the depth chart.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Sep 28, 2015, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                  Honestly.....

a whole lot of chatter on this board about OTR this OHKIUEY that stat this, PEr that.

Forget ALL of it.

There are two things that will happen here;

1. Anthony Bennett was a gamble that didn't pay off because he is simply not good enough for the NBA.

2. Anthony Bennett was not ready for the #1 label. Add to that, some seriously horrific luck physically, and a lack of ability to handle the media pressure held this guy back. He was known to live too much in his own head, beat himself up..... and he ended up cut.

Bennett spent the Summer in a comfortable place. He was allowed to just be another ball player and he rebounded from his negative hole in leap sand bounds. He got healthy physically first, that was HUGE for him. He also shed weight, and matured mentally, emotionally. He was on a team that didn't need to gamble on him, a lot of other teams would NOT have cut him, but Minny could. So Toronto steps in a BANG, they have a former #1 first over all pick, who is still a kid. A massive, strong, fast, talented kid with perfect shooting form.

So here is what I think the OTHER scenario is. Bannett is going to rebound. He was a top pick that guys were salivating over for a reason. He has all the tools still, only now they are healthy. he is home, which for a thinker like him is going to be really positive for his journey back. He's in Toronto where the fans will absolutely push him to succeed. Perhaps he is never a star, but he will be a very good addition.

This is a steal for masai.
                  This is a steal for Toronto.
                  And as I suspected, masai is building "We the north". Thompson and Wiggins will follow. You will see.

Using stats and all that shit to evaluate this one wont work. This is all feel and straight up hoops. we all know this guy can ball, question is, what Bennett are we getting. My bet is on scenario 2. I'm pretty stoked he is a Raptor.... like massively Stoked.
                  I just liked a Superjudge post. Hell has truly frozen over. I don't know where this optimistic Superjudge came from but I like it.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Ideally Bennett plays like a boss and we can bring him back next offseason on a cheap 3 year deal (3 years $9-$12M total) to replace Scola as the backup PF. His cap hold will be tiny so he could be one of our last signings, or just use an exception on him. If Bennett still looks like a bust then oh well, we didn't lose anything by giving him a chance.
                    I think the bold is an overlooked aspect of the signing, especially if it winds up being a coup for MU. He can be retained and then re-signed, without significantly eating into the important 2016 cap space.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Playing at home, in one of the craziest sports media markets in the world... can you say fishbowl?

He's saying all the right things, and I'm sure there's a certain amount of comfort about playing at home, where you're most comfortable (especially when both your confidence and image are at an all-time low).

I think what MACK11 was referring to is the fact that playing in Toronto is about as close to the polar opposite of "comfortable" as you can get, given the intense scrutiny he'll be under from the fans, media, etc...
                      Fans are gonna pick him up, never underestimate the ferocity of Canadian nationalsim, its a real thing. Whereas a guy like Bargnani could get booed for poor play, a guy like Bennett, being a Canuck, will have anation behind him, picking him up... I have never been so confident about a sports thing than this....well that and Kessel scoring 3000 goals this year

Comment

• Yup. I think, however it actually works out, Bennett was very smart to make a move. And fortunate for this all to happen at this time, with all that's going on in Toronto and Canada Hoops.

No one knows how it will all work out. But it's, potentially, the beginning of a story that has a very sweet - if not an absolute fucking fairy-tale ending.

(Disney couldn't do better. They'd have to add a B-ball-playing dog or a monkey or something.)

Comment

Well Bennett signed 1 yr year deal so he probably expects to play no?

Well he isn't getting any minutes whatsoever

Honestly, I think he's the 4th most talented big on the roster after JV, PPat, and Scola. If Casey wants to go small Bennett played a lot of Center in FIBA this summer. Wouldn't be shocked to see him above Biyombo and Bebe on the depth chart by the time the season starts.

Comment

I just liked a Superjudge post. Hell has truly frozen over. I don't know where this optimistic Superjudge came from but I like it.
                            if only you could catch on to my vibe completely, you might like a whole lot more.

Comment

Honestly, I think he's the 4th most talented big on the roster after JV, PPat, and Scola. If Casey wants to go small Bennett played a lot of Center in FIBA this summer. Wouldn't be shocked to see him above Biyombo and Bebe on the depth chart by the time the season starts.
                              6'7" CENTRE? Sure sounds like someone Casey would do

Comment

It's feeling more like Christmas around here than anyone could have guessed, right? And the credit-card bills are not yet due.

Comment

Working...
                                X