No announcement yet.

Everything Anthony Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PJ Tucker came into the league as an undersized 4, with no shot at being a 3 .. now he plays the 2/3. Players can adapt. Mind you, Tucker had to go overseas, to do so ...

Comment

• Everything Anthony Bennett

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Anyone know where to find the positional splits? I'm curious how many minutes he's logged at the 3.
      Basketball-Reference.com has positional splits on player's page.

13% at SF with Cleveland but 0% at SF with Minnesota.

But like Dan said, hard to say with a lot of accuracy but should give a general idea.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
        Basketball-Reference.com has positional splits on player's page.

13% at SF with Cleveland but 0% at SF with Minnesota.

But like Dan said, hard to say with a lot of accuracy but should give a general idea.
        As I thought, the Cavs may have mentioned making him a 3, but they didn't really put that plan into practice (would have been pretty ludicrous to do so with him out of shape).

Heck of an athlete now that he is in shape, but I still see power forward all the way.

Comment

• Raptor aren't deep at the 3 and AB might be the best choice off the bench. With CoJo, Ross and Scola at 1, 2 and 4 and Biyombo at the 5 AB won't have to be great on D.

Comment

• AB is a 4.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              AB is a 4.
              JJ is a 3. Seems there should be a simple solution but here we are

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                JJ is a 3. Seems there should be a simple solution but here we are
                JJ has been a tweener his whole career
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

JJ has been a tweener his whole career
                  So is AB

Comment

So is AB
                    Is he though? JJ can legit play both positions. Other guys that get labeled as tweeners (AB, T-Robb, Derr-Will) are really just slightly undersized stretch-4s that have played next to no minutes at the 3. These days, players tend to get bumped up a position, not down.

Comment

So is AB
                      Disagree he was projected at 4 who could be a mismatch problem at his position. Only Cleveland used him at the 3. He does have a lot of 3 skills but, I feel best spot is at the 4
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        Is he though? JJ can legit play both positions. Other guys that get labeled as tweeners (AB, T-Robb, Derr-Will) are really just slightly undersized stretch-4s that have played next to no minutes at the 3. These days, players tend to get bumped up a position, not down.
                        Offensively AB looks more skilled than a typical stretch 4 - 2Pats but not really as mobile as a typical 3. If Pierce and Melo can still play the 3 AB probably could too.

Comment

Disagree he was projected at 4 who could be a mismatch problem at his position. Only Cleveland used him at the 3. He does have a lot of 3 skills but, I feel best spot is at the 4
                          Best spot probably but on the Raptors who is better as a backup 3. Options are Bruno or a SG

Comment

Offensively AB looks more skilled than a typical stretch 4 - 2Pats but not really as mobile as a typical 3. If Pierce and Melo can still play the 3 AB probably could too.
                            I haven't seen enough of his lateral quicks to agree with that. I also don't see the advantage.

Comment

• The thought of Bennett playing the 3 is bringing back terrible memories of Bargnani playing the 3 in the playoffs.

Comment

• I really don't see why things need to be complicated. Bennett is a 4. JJ is a 3.

Or, just going via the projected roster:

1s: Lowry, Joseph, Wright
                                2s: Derozan, Ross, Powell
                                3s: Carroll, Johnson, Bruno
                                4s: Patterson, Scola, Bennett
                                5s: JV, BB, LN

Really no need to complicate things by which I mean, no Bennett (or Powell) at the 3.
                                Last edited by Just Is; Mon Oct 12, 2015, 05:32 PM.
                                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                                X