No announcement yet.

Kobe's Retirement - Looking back at the 12 guys drafted ahead of him in 1996

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe's Retirement - Looking back at the 12 guys drafted ahead of him in 1996

http://www.si.com/nba/kobe-bryant-lo...ing-1996-draft

Hindsight is quite amazing. Some real duds went ahead of Kobe.

Most amazing might be that Iverson once spoke of not shooting all the time.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Rasho!
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Well, remember that Kobe's people floated a story that he would go to Italy if he was drafted by certain teams (i.e. the Nets). Calipari loved Kobe but he got talked out of taking him at 8 for that reason. Arn Tellem has acknowledged that they manipulated a lot of teams by telling them Kobe wouldn't play for them. Many people think the Charlotte trade was done before the draft even happened. Nowadays, I don't think you'd be able to get away with that but times change....

Comment

Easily in the top 5 drafts of all time.

Allen Iverson
        Ray Allen
        Kobe Bryant
        Steve Nash
        Marcus Camby

5 amazing players all drafted in 1996.

Comment

My memories are hazy from the day...being a high schooler and all was he really considered top tier/ready to play talent?

Also having being born in Philly and his dad having played there I am surprised he did not want to play there. Looks he had his sights on LA all along....even at that age he was ready to market himself!

Great player...not sure about the person entirely but he seems to be in a good place with his family.

Comment

Working...
          X