Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambino wrote: View Post
    This is overstated and incorrect.
    Excuse me? You took the two teams I credited, the Pistons and the Celtics, and added the 2011 Bulls to argue what exactly? Against the point that it's been much easier for Lebron to get to the finals in the east than it would be for him in the west? Because that was the point. I'm still recovering from the shock of realizing someone thinks this is actually a debate...
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
      Excuse me? You took the two teams I credited, the Pistons and the Celtics, and added the 2011 Bulls to argue what exactly? Against the point that it's been much easier for Lebron to get to the finals in the east than it would be for him in the west? Because that was the point. I'm still recovering from the shock of realizing someone thinks this is actually a debate...
      You stated that he would've made the finals twice in his career like it's a fact. It isn't. That's why I said your statement was overstated and incorrect.

Comment

You stated that he would've made the finals twice in his career like it's a fact. It isn't. That's why I said your statement was overstated and incorrect.
        Of course it isn't a fact, it was a hypothetical that I can't spell out any more clearly than the original comment.

Not sure why explanations are needed, but here's another one:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          I still think trade was worthwhile. Wiggins isn't that great of a defender either. He's more athletic but his IQ is pretty low.

What Cleveland got out of that Love deal was a $21M+ contract that they can use in a trade. And with a team willing to pay luxury tax.. the bigger the contracts the better.. as the only way to really improve is via trade. And you can't get much with a $6M contract.
          Well, except Cleveland didn't make that trade to get a trade chip. They traded for Love to help Lebron win a championship, not so they could trade Love 3 years later to help Lebron win a championship. That's..... bizarre.

I can't say I've seen Wiggins play so many games that I can be definitive but, from what I've seen, he's poised to be a very good defender. I think this idea he isn't very good defensively is based on a lot of the defensive metrics but, as I've noted before, those metrics aren't very good.

Comment

He said: Judging from his finals record, all other things being equal, put Lebron's teams in the west and he would have made the finals twice in his entire career.

What part about that is incorrect? I'm assuming by "all other things being equal" he meant that i) no additional upsets would occur due to the changes in seeding with Lebron in the West and ii) that the outcome of the series between Lebron and the West's best team would be the same. If that's what he meant by "all other things being equal", then I think he was 100% correct, because all but two times he has lost to the best team in the West.....and he would need to beat the best team in the West to make the finals.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Of course it isn't a fact, it was a hypothetical that I can't spell out any more clearly than the original comment.

Not sure why explanations are needed, but here's another one:

You know what I'm just not going to get into it. Carry on.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                Wiggins will be one of the top defenders this season with Thibs barking in his ear
                Flip was credited to be an offensive coach it will be interesting to see if his style will work with young players

Comment

• I can't believe I'm defending lebron, but it's truly ridiculous hes getting picked apart for his finals record. The guy can consistently drag a mediocre roster to 55 win and a spot in the finals. Is he Michael? No probably not, but nobody is. He's a one of a handful of the greatest players of all time. Just because him and his gang of bums kyrie kev and jr cant beat a 73 win all time team doesn't make lebron as an individual any less special. Finding inane ways to downgrade him is pretty funny
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This is overstated and incorrect.

2007 Pistons were a title contender. In 2011 a lot of people predicted the Bulls to beat the Cavs in the conference finals (they were favored, had the MVP and homecourt advantage), and the Celtics team in 2012 while they weren't great in the regular season, went up 3-2 and they were a legit title threat. 2013 and 2014 Pacers weren't exactly a joke either.

I'd say the only "easy" conference finals he's had have been the last two against us and the Hawks.
                    nah.

if san antonio was an east team they'd have been in the finals for like 15 of the last 18 years.

Comment

• I'm not hating on LeBron but what would Kobes record be if you replace him with LeBron the last 6 NBA finals.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                        I'm not hating on LeBron but what would Kobes record be if you replace him with LeBron the last 6 NBA finals.
                        3-3. He wins the Dallas one and doesn't fade and put up 17ppg. I think in all the others the Heat/Cavs were actually overmatched.

Comment

• Billy103 wrote: View Post
                          I'm not hating on LeBron but what would Kobes record be if you replace him with LeBron the last 6 NBA finals.
                          Wait, putting Kobe on those teams instead of LeBron? I doubt any better.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                            Wait, putting Kobe on those teams instead of LeBron? I doubt any better.
                            I feel like they'd be very obviously worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I feel like they'd be very obviously worse.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                              I think we're assuming prime Kobe vs current day LeBron, but I think even then I lean to agreeing with you.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

3-3. He wins the Dallas one and doesn't fade and put up 17ppg. I think in all the others the Heat/Cavs were actually overmatched.
                                Still 2-4. They don't beat the spurs in 2013 with kobe in lebron out, nail-biters in game 6 overtime lebron 37 pts 11 assists, and game 7 also went ham. Back to back nba finals mvp.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X