No announcement yet.

Da Finals - Who Ya Got ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My vote for the Lebrons looks pretty lonely on the poll. Its one game and still think he will get it done.

Lots of talk about the "off" nights for Curry and Thompson. I thought the defensive effort by the Cavs on both them (and especially on Curry) was extraordinary last night and that had a lot to do with Saint Stephens off night. Didn't foresee that Leandro Barbossa of all people who is older than dirt from the Mesozoic era would make the shots he did. Same for Iggy, a 30% 3Pt shooter, who made shots from the arc and Livingston who made everything over Irving. That said the strategy is still sound. Make someone other than Curry and Thompson beat you. They're money. The supporting cast isn't every night.

So now what ?

I think more of the same. The Cavs will continue to make Curry's life tough by making him work his arse off via traps, double teams and huge on ball pressure. Don't let him beat you without him having to give blood. Its a good strategy. Barbossa and Livingston aren't going to have as good a nights as they did last night.

The Cavs also can't turn it over as much as they did. 15 times doesn't help your odds.
    Thompson played Green even on the boards and has to continue to win the offensive glass battles.
    Frye and Smith will have to be better.. a lot better.... and that won't be hard as they both resembled septic tanks last night.

Think if the Cavs keep hounding Curry at every step, cleanup the turnovers and get something from either of Frye or Smith from the arc.. the Lebrons head back to Cleveland with a split.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      Haven't checked for Lowry but Demar had, what, 8 FTAs per game in the regular season? He had 7 FTAs or so in the Miami series and the reason he was down in the other series was cause he had a bunch of stinkers against Indy (not just with respect to FTAs). Overall, he was just over 6 per game vs 8 per game in the regular season despite having 3 games where he shot 0 (the game 4 stinker against Indy and the Game 1 blowout in Cleveland). His FTr was down but that's largely a function of all the bad shots he took against Indy and the first few games against Miami. I haven't looked at Lowry but I don't view his game as being at all conditional upon him getting to the line (his three point shooting is far more impactful).

And, again, you also have to consider that Derozan was overall pretty bad for the first 10 games or so of the playoffs in most respects. Not sure the answer is as definitive and conclusive as you think it is. At a minimum, the difference is not as material as your post suggests.
      It's pretty conclusive, especially for Demar. Huge drop in free-throw-rate. They tried to compensate by taking more shots (which also resulted in inefficient volume shooting). The opposition taking away Lowry/DD's normal free-throw-rate really hurt the Raps offense. There should really be no debate on this, even just by the eye test alone.

Free-throw-rate (FTr)

Regular Season
      ==========
      Demar: .474 FTr / 25.4 FGA per 100 poss
      Kyle: .410 FTr / 21.7 FGA per 100 poss

Playoffs:
      =====
      Demar: .309 FTr / 28.6 FGA per 100 poss
      Kyle: .315 FTr / 23.1 FGA per 100 poss

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        On the offensive end, Cleveland basically played Raptor-ball. 4 guys took 71 of their 84 shots.
        yeah and only lebron shot a decent percentage out of the big 3

Comment

What? I've literally never brought up Atlanta. Everyone keeps bringing up Atlanta to me.

When I think of good passing offense, I think of Golden State and San Antonio. Both teams were pretty good.
          wait so isnt atlanta part of the discussion? simply because they don't fit into your narrative?

its pretty easy to point at the 2 past defending championship teams and say "oh thats how teams should be playing"

Comment

Simplicity wrote: View Post
            Anyone think Lebron leaving if they lose in the finals this year?

I think if they lose in 4 or 5, hes leaving for sure or one of the big 3 are gone
            Neah!
            He (Leflop) will just trade Irwing & Love.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              It's pretty conclusive, especially for Demar. Huge drop in free-throw-rate. They tried to compensate by taking more shots (which also resulted in inefficient volume shooting). The opposition taking away Lowry/DD's normal free-throw-rate really hurt the Raps offense. There should really be no debate on this, even just by the eye test alone.
              Wasn't there a stretch of over 50 mins (games 3 & 4) where we had ONE FT attempted (on a T).
              Just how do you get to the line if Cavs play perfect D (I mean that with a full dose of sarcasm)?

Comment

Ben Simmons, Embiid, Okafor, Saric isn't a bad place to start building a team.
                Would you be shocked if they were to be in lottery AGAIN next year?

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                  No. But they're young enough that that doesn't matter. They aren't in win-now mode. They just need to develop those guys.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

They should try for one more lotto year anyways

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      They should try for one more lotto year anyways
                      i agree. this year should be about bringing in the right vets and growing their play style. one more lottery pick, hopefully after a minor battle for the last playoff spot would be best for them.

Comment

I would be shocked if they weren't in the lottery for another two years. The collateral damage the Hinkie years have wrought on the franchise is huge.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

Iguodala is a lot better than Rafael Araujo

Comment

cavaliers are trash compared to the warriors.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                              cavaliers are trash compared to the warriors.
                              Scouting report is let draymond shoot threes. Then he goes and hit 5 of them.

Comment

Warriors in 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X