• Show
Clear All

TRex wrote: View Post
    So what have they accomplish?
    They got talent. Now they build on it.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

The team that has the more talent wins 100% of the time.

It's not about moving the ball. It's about talent.
      This is not factually correct, in fact it's impossible. Because every series has not been a sweep, clearly the team with less talent has won some games.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Barolt wrote: View Post
        The team that generates more assists wins 83% of the time this year in the playoffs. I'd say that's a trend worth being on the right side of.
        Explain to me why the why Hawks havent been able to win one game against the Cavs over the last two years in the playoffs? They play the style you keep prasing but, can't succeed. Why is that?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

This is not factually correct, in fact it's impossible. Because every series has not been a sweep, clearly the team with less talent has won some games.
          But the team that has the most talent has won every series in these playoffs.

Clippers without Blake and Paul vs the Blazers. Who won that series? who has the most talent?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Explain to me why the why Hawks havent been able to win one game against the Cavs over the last two years in the playoffs? They play the style you keep prasing but, can't succeed. Why is that?
            I mean, in 6 of Cleveland's 8 wins over Atlanta in the last two years, the Cavs had more assists than the Hawks...

So that doesn't really break my narrative.

Comment

But the team that has the most talent has won every series in these playoffs.

Clippers without Blake and Paul vs the Blazers. Who won that series? who has the most talent?
              I mean, this is up to the individual on how you evaluate talent. If OKC had won versus Golden State would that have meant they were a more talented team? It would've meant the played better in that series, but you could certainly argue Golden State still had more talent.

This is not something quantitatively or qualitatively provable one way or the other, so really hard to debate in any functional way.

Comment

I mean, in 6 of Cleveland's 8 wins over Atlanta in the last two years, the Cavs had more assists than the Hawks...

So that doesn't really break my narrative.
                I'll tell you why. The Cavs are more talented. Hawks have to double players like LBJ/KI/Love and than leave the others open. The others make open shots. Which leads to more assists.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  I'll tell you why. The Cavs are more talented. Hawks have to double players like LBJ/KI/Love and than leave the others open. The others make open shots. Which leads to more assists.
                  So what you're saying is... the Cavs also play a system where they pass the ball to generate better shots, much like the Hawks do, instead of just generating shots for the same guys regardless of opportunity?

And when they don't, their offense looks awful, like tonight.

Comment

For comparison:

Team that wins rebounding battle: 54-31.

Team that wins block battle: 55-30.

Team that wins steal battle: 56-29.

Team that shoots better from the field: 67-13-5.

Team that shoots better from 3: 64-16-5.

Team that wins turnover battle: 54-31.

Team that takes less fouls: 52-33.

So only shooting better from the field/from 3 are as strong indicators of winning as generating more assists.

Comment

So only shooting better from the field/from 3 are as strong indicators of winning as generating more assists.
                      one begets the other. make or miss league

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        one begets the other. make or miss league
                        Except, during the regular season, it was often pointed out around here that we had a top 10 offense despite our lack of assists.

So our lack of assists was fine during the season, but during the playoffs it's a problem and the blame lies with the guys missing shots?

Comment

Except, during the regular season, it was often pointed out around here that we had a top 10 offense despite our lack of assists.

So our lack of assists was fine during the season, but during the playoffs it's a problem and the blame lies with the guys missing shots?
                          did we not score more in the regular season? was our offense not good enough to get through two rounds and win 2 in the 3rd? i just did a quick check and since basketball became a game the team that wins the points battle wins 100% of the time.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/assists-per-game

half of the playoff teams this year were in the bottom half of assists? how can that even be possible? of the top 10 assist teams only 3 of them made the playoffs? what the hell?

if you look here we got less assists than last year but ended up much better than last year. could it be that a combination of how a team plays the entire game has an effect on the wins/losses?

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/league
                          here is league standings. oh my look we were 4th overall. and we were in the final four and the first of those 4 teams to be put out of the playoffs. looks like reality lined up with what the standings said they would do except for the thunder and spurs.

Comment

We also beat cleveland quite handily in game 3 at home. It's a 7 game series hombres. Guys are all up in a tizzy talking about raptors tank because of one cleveland golden state game.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Da Finals - Who Ya Got ?

Sacramento were 3rd in assists in the league. Shouldn't they be winning a LOT more games then? Or maybe there are a lot more factors going on in a game then trying to establish some silly singular fact about assists and how to win games??

7 of the bottom 10 teams in assists made the playoffs.

Only 4 of the top 10 teams in assists made the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Jun 3, 2016, 09:33 AM.

Comment

There are different ways to win, I don't know when people are going to realize that. Creating one on one situations and trying to exploit mismatches can be just as valuable as ping ponging the ball around for a good look.

If Lowry passes to DeRozan and he takes a few dribbles and beats his man to the rim for a layup, we're not going to get an assist but that's a great shot. If you post up JV and he backs down his defender and hits a jump hook, you don't get an assist for that but that's a great look.

The Raptors offense is mostly based on pick and roll, driving and generating free throws and looks at the rim. That is efficient basketball, but it doesn't lend itself to a lot of assists.

Idk if people realize this but the most efficient play in basketball is getting to the free throw line. It's not debatable it's just math.

If your team shoots 75% from the FT Line (the Raptors actually shoot 77.7% and are 2nd in FTM and 3rd in FTA), that means a trip to the line for 2 free throws is going to generate 1.5 points per possession or a 150 oRTG. That's equivalent to shooting 50% from beyond the arc (which no team does obviously) or 75% from the 2PT field (which again, no team does).
                                Last edited by Gambino; Fri Jun 3, 2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X