Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tDotted wrote: View Post
    He's a really good mid range shooter actually
    He's had two great years from 16-23 and two awful years. So we don't know what we'll get. Last year shot .398% from there and took .287% of his shots in that range. That's pretty bad. You have to be really good from that range to justify taking it. He wasn't and he did so that has to draw some concern.

He's not good at the rim, from 3-10, 10-16, or 3pt range. Well below what you'd want from all those.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Not really, pretty bad % around the rim because he's short and can't get off the ground. Generally his %s were atrocious from every distance.

Yeah he had the fourth lowest TS% of anyone 6'9" or over (min. 1000 minutes played).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...order_by_asc=Y

Comment

we don't have to worry about resigning him next year lol
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Sully was probably the best bargain left in the clearance bin.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
            Sully was probably the best bargain left in the clearance bin.
            That's a slightly less nice version of what I said but perhaps more accurate.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

He's had two great years from 16-23 and two awful years. So we don't know what we'll get. Last year shot .398% from there and took .287% of his shots in that range. That's pretty bad. You have to be really good from that range to justify taking it. He wasn't and he did so that has to draw some concern.

He's not good at the rim, from 3-10, 10-16, or 3pt range. Well below what you'd want from all those.

40% from mid range is bad now? Huh, go figure

Comment

Wasn't it always? That's like shooting 27% from 3. Do you want a guy taking that shot?

That's why it's the worst shot in basketball. That's why even great players who take that shot can face a lot of criticism.

Comment

I mean that's fair. 40% is a good 3 point shooter so if you're gonna be shooting from closer, combined with the fact that it's the worst shot you can take, you better be shooting it at a much higher clip than 40%.

Comment

Wasn't it always? That's like shooting 27% from 3. Do you want a guy taking that shot?

That's why it's the worst shot in basketball. That's why even great players who take that shot can face a lot of criticism.

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    I mean that's fair. 40% is a good 3 point shooter so if you're gonna be shooting from closer, combined with the fact that it's the worst shot you can take, you better be shooting it at a much higher clip than 40%.
                    3 points is worth more than 2. Mid range shots aren't high quality.. That much is obvious.

But a 40% mid range shooter (being evaluated AS a mid range shooter, strictly) isn't anywhere near bad. Top high volume mid range shooters are usually under 50%.

Comment

3 points is worth more than 2. Mid range shots aren't high quality.. That much is obvious.

But a 40% mid range shooter (being evaluated AS a mid range shooter, strictly) isn't anywhere near bad. Top high volume mid range shooters are usually under 50%.
                      Yes and like I said, even guys who are top players and better at it than Sully get criticized a lot for it. It's a bad shot and you rarely shoot it well enough to justify taking lots of them.

Sully was actually excellent at it for a couple of his seasons. If he hits them at 45%+(which he's done twice before) I have no problem with him taking them. If it's below 40%(which he's also done twice before), it's gonna get frustrating. And oddly enough, his best %s came the seasons he shot the least from that distance.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jul 11, 2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

side thought- wonder if he'll even bother asking Lowry about #7 or just go back to his old college #0...

for me if Sully commits to transforming his body in the off season like he claims he is...he has the talent to beast in the post and on the boards and this becomes another Masai heist.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post

for me if Sully commits to transforming his body in the off season like he claims he is...he has the talent to beast in the post and on the boards and this becomes another Masai heist.
                          We'll see. He's rental.. well at least for now.

Comment

In the last year Raptors have gotten JV and Lowry to lose weight. Hopefully the trend continues with Sully.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              In the last year Raptors have gotten JV and Lowry to lose weight. Hopefully the trend continues with Sully.
                              Maybe Kyle takes him in under his wing and puts him on the right path. Kyle's conditioning allowed him to take his game to another level.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                                side thought- wonder if he'll even bother asking Lowry about #7 or just go back to his old college #0...

Based on his Tweet I'd assume he's taking #0
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X