Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

He was injured for most of the 2nd half last year. He didn't even play the last 3 games of the series against the Sixers because of his injury.

A lot of people here loves to use injury as an excuse why Barnes is not performing well. Are we sure Fred is 100% healthy?
    i'm not at all sure about that, and am starting to buy into the thinking that nurse is running guys into the ground to a certain extent, and that the defensive system is overly-taxing which negatively affects our offense because guys are so gassed.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I'm on the same boat as you. He isn't healthy and he'll be fine. Of course he has his cult of haters.
      When is the last time his been healthy?
      His 29, going on 30..a undersized sg, it ain't gonna get better, just saying..
      Anyway his trash, Media loves this guy, there protecting him, isn't that funny how they re direct to Scottie Barnes...hmm..yeah kid is struggling, playing hurt, the guy should not be playing, my thinking his worried about losing his spot in the starting lineup, since the coach bench him already..
      Coach Nurse better shape up, his a horrible coach for the younglings.

Quote" VanVleet is averaging 16.8 points, 3.6 rebounds, and 6.4 assists per game this season while shooting 36% from the field and 33.3% from beyond the arc. In terms of PPG and RPG, these are his lowest numbers since the 2018-19 season. When it comes to FG%, he shot worse only in his rookie season. Unquote"
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Before the season started the hope was that Fred would be playing off-ball more this year to save him from taking more damage and to allow the guys capable of higher % plays to create more. Seemed to be going that way at first until Siakam got hurt and Barnes got completely exposed. I think at that point Raps needed Fred to play more on-ball again due to a lack of options. With Barnes still struggling they've continued with Fred handling the ball a lot more.

Getting Fred out of this shooting funk is important, but maybe more so getting Barnes going again will be the key to wins. I said as early as last season that this system was created with Barnes in mind. He's a big key part of making it work.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Before the season started the hope was that Fred would be playing off-ball more this year to save him from taking more damage and to allow the guys capable of higher % plays to create more. Seemed to be going that way at first until Siakam got hurt and Barnes got completely exposed. I think at that point Raps needed Fred to play more on-ball again due to a lack of options. With Barnes still struggling they've continued with Fred handling the ball a lot more.

Getting Fred out of this shooting funk is important, but maybe more so getting Barnes going again will be the key to wins. I said as early as last season that this system was created with Barnes in mind. He's a big key part of making it work.
          Barnes got 'completely exposed'-
          he was hurt and he is actually doing well when healthy.
          You can make the correct passes but when your team mates are bricking then what can you do.
          This team needs SHOOTERS.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i'm not at all sure about that, and am starting to buy into the thinking that nurse is running guys into the ground to a certain extent, and that the defensive system is overly-taxing which negatively affects our offense because guys are so gassed.
            Tired (or injured) legs leading to poor shooting? That theory could have some merit.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Tired (or injured) legs leading to poor shooting? That theory could have some merit.
              Anyone who plays basketball can attest to this

Comment

• What would people think if we did a FVV and filler for Mike Conley and Nickeil Alexander-Walker? Gives us a vet to right the ship and finish strong and a young combo guard with size as a nice prospect.

Not saying I am all in on trading Fred, just thinking of a realistic trade that might work for both teams.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Barnes got 'completely exposed'-
                  he was hurt and he is actually doing well when healthy.
                  You can make the correct passes but when your team mates are bricking then what can you do.
                  This team needs SHOOTERS.
                  He was making a lot of bad decisions with the ball and seemed really out of place. He wasn't able to be the primary ball handler we are all hoping he can be for this team, but still really young and developing.

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                    What would people think if we did a FVV and filler for Mike Conley and Nickeil Alexander-Walker? Gives us a vet to right the ship and finish strong and a young combo guard with size as a nice prospect.

Not saying I am all in on trading Fred, just thinking of a realistic trade that might work for both teams.
                    I think I'd want to see if Fred can return to form or if this is the Fred we're going to get from now on, before making a trade. Conley is towards the end of his career where he's not looking to be a starter. His production has dropped off a lot the last few years.

Comment

What would people think if we did a FVV and filler for Mike Conley and Nickeil Alexander-Walker? Gives us a vet to right the ship and finish strong and a young combo guard with size as a nice prospect.

Yes !
                      But Utah might ask for a pick.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He was making a lot of bad decisions with the ball and seemed really out of place. He wasn't able to be the primary ball handler we are all hoping he can be for this team, but still really young and developing.
                        Really young and developing.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

yeah exactly what i was getting at

Comment

Kind of a shitty return for Fred. NAW gets way way overrated here because he's Canadian. If he was from USA no one would want him. Conley is old and washed. 10pts per game on 39.5% FG. I'm positive we can do better than that.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yes !
                              But Utah might ask for a pick.
                              I'd throw in a second rounder to get NAW. he's been getting minutes and producing over his last handful of games.

In Decmeber (5 games) 13.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 3.4 rpg on 60% from the field 56% from 3 and 60% free throw shooting. He also had some nice stretches in New Orleans as well. 177 games of experience with 37 starts for his career.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'd throw in a second rounder to get NAW. he's been getting minutes and producing over his last handful of games.

In Decmeber (5 games) 13.6 ppg, 3.6 apg, 3.4 rpg on 60% from the field 56% from 3 and 60% free throw shooting. He also had some nice stretches in New Orleans as well. 177 games of experience with 37 starts for his career.
                                This is exactly what I was talking about. We overrate the shit out of NAW because he's Canadian.

This is his 4th year in the NBA. He's played 177 NBA games. Why are we using a 5 game sample size? Because it's the only one that makes him look good.

Id be fine with NAW as a bench piece, but if you think he's worth an all star and a 2nd round pick then you need to take off the maple colored glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                X