Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yeah, Masai fvcked up big time.
    Proj 6'9" was his idea and most of his past moves were geared towards that project.
    Was Nick fully on board?
    Or was he just trying to please Masai?
    When that 6'9" concept first came up, many of us were like, wait what about Fred? And you can bet Fred was asking the same too.
    Did Nick play Fred to the max in secret protest?
    The get paid factor was in play, sure. But he can only play Fred so much until his flaws get exposed too.

Masai probably had a change of heart when he brought in Jak. He realized his mistakes but then a rift may probably have developed already. 60% of the blame is probably on Masai, but we all know coaches get fired first in sports.
    Nurse had to play Fred because he was the only NBA caliber PG on the roster.

Most of the blame needs to be on Masai. Time for him to clean up his mess.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Yeah, Masai fvcked up big time.
      Proj 6'9" was his idea and most of his past moves were geared towards that project.
      Was Nick fully on board?
      Or was he just trying to please Masai?
      When that 6'9" concept first came up, many of us were like, wait what about Fred? And you can bet Fred was asking the same too.
      Did Nick play Fred to the max in secret protest?
      The get paid factor was in play, sure. But he can only play Fred so much until his flaws get exposed too.

Masai probably had a change of heart when he brought in Jak. He realized his mistakes but then a rift may probably have developed already. 60% of the blame is probably on Masai, but we all know coaches get fired first in sports.
      I like that outside of the box thinking Kag…maybe the mad scientist Coach had a hidden agenda after all, loving VanVleet from the outside but intentionally exposing VanVleet weakness at both ends of the court, last night was a great example how he exposed him assigned to guard Lavine. Culmination of his frustrations during the post game presser, pointing out the perimeter defense failure but didn’t go further to say….VanVleet sucked

LOL
      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Thu Apr 13, 2023, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Is there anything that would bring FVV to consider taking the player option?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
          Is there anything that would bring FVV to consider taking the player option?
          Raps signing SGA and and there not being another starting gig available anywhere in the league for him might do it.

Comment

• I really wish one of the members of his entourage are RR lurkers

GTFO !

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
              Is there anything that would bring FVV to consider taking the player option?
              If he breaks his leg in an offseason accident and will miss next season.

Fred's ego is not gonna let him take the option.

Comment

• Lol...everyone should go back and read some early beginning of this thread, even back than..ppl were s^%% on this guy and hated him..some of stuff was dead on..hilarious.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• This guy is such a joke.

So now Doug Smith is in his pocket???

"several sources said" Scottie needed to work harder. And what does it link to?? Doug's own article where he slammed Scottie.

"“Just get in the lab. That’s it. That is the only thing I ever tell him,” guard Fred VanVleet said of his advice to Barnes. “Scottie is going to be as good as he wants to be, as good as he wants to be as a player. I don’t think there’s anything he can’t do on the court, but just be a gym rat. Stay in the gym."

Doug Smith used that same quote in his December hit piece on Scottie: "there’s something telling in the phrase VanVleet has used since last season when talking about Barnes.

It goes something like this: “Scottie can be as good as he wants to be.”"

Does Klutch sports have a relationship with Doug Smith or something??
                  Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Fri Apr 14, 2023, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                    This guy is such a joke.

"several sources said" Scottie needed to work harder. And what does it link to?? Doug's own article where he slammed Scottie.

"“Just get in the lab. That’s it. That is the only thing I ever tell him,” guard Fred VanVleet said of his advice to Barnes. “Scottie is going to be as good as he wants to be, as good as he wants to be as a player. I don’t think there’s anything he can’t do on the court, but just be a gym rat. Stay in the gym."

Doug Smith used that same quote in his December hit piece on Scottie: "there’s something telling in the phrase VanVleet has used since last season when talking about Barnes.

So the 3 weeks off due to injury before training camp didn't really matter to these mofers.
                    They're expecting sophomore Scottie to put up Giannis numbers.
                    Fred=dumb
                    Doug=dumber

Comment

• People over exaggerate Scottie's regression. He struggled early on for like a month or two, but he has been completely fine in the second half of the season.

Comment

• A good leader realizes what method works best for each individual.

Fred has thrived in tough love. From his upbringing, his history, his path to the league; everything has been a struggle. He didn't get to where he is, as a 6 foot nothing all star by chance.

That being said, Scottie has god given attributes that Freddy doesn't have. I think Freddy resents that even if Scottie doesn't work as hard as him, he will become a better player (and potentially take his role on the team). Also I don't think he has realized that like Siakam; Scottie plays better when he's smiling. So being hard on him has a counterproductive result when his intentions are in the right place.

The same water that hardens an egg, softens the potato.

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
                          This guy is such a joke.

Scottie and Fred cannot coexist.

Pick which one you want and the other has to go.

Does anyone seriously want Fred over Scottie?

No?

OK then we have to get rid of Fred. Try for a sign and trade and if not let him walk.

Bringing him back means the bad lockeroom vibes just get worse and Scottie starts counting the days until he can leave.

Comment

• If your not sure about this S&%%, go watch that YouTube end of season conference and tell me when he took blame, but he threw everyone under the Bus.
                            This guy is Chump.

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• There were a few of us who are more vocal who saw the decline in VanVleet’s overall game correlated to how poorly the team played this season.

There were also a number of forum posters who also got accused of having narratives after negative interpretations of quotes/ articles/ videos/ podcasts/ and even body language between him and his teammates.

But seeing some of the quiet forum lurkers who are just posting and expressing change by ridding of VanVleet is a breath of fresh air. I knew that there is a quiet majority who see what it is.

not just kool-aid drinkers who we read post after post all season defending the indefensible.

congrats to all of you who acknowledged that this team is better off without VanVleet and as a result moving Scottie on the very top of the food chain.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Scottie and Fred cannot coexist.

Pick which one you want and the other has to go.

Does anyone seriously want Fred over Scottie?

No?

OK then we have to get rid of Fred. Try for a sign and trade and if not let him walk.

Bringing him back means the bad lockeroom vibes just get worse and Scottie starts counting the days until he can leave.
                                If Fred is still here next season think a lot of people are going to be really surprised with how well Fred and Scottie can coexist when the team starts winning games again. Losing breeds all kinds of notions, most of which are not true. Fit wise I think they can play off each other really well. Both guys have proven they can play without the ball in their hands.

Comment

Working...
                                X