Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

You think everybody got vaccinated so they wouldn't die? I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell ya. Majority of people got vaccinated because they were indirectly coerced. They wanted their freedoms back.

If you weren't very old, very fat, or very sick (probably needed 2 out of 3), you needn't be very scared. These are the facts and they're available on CDC website for free. Now with the vaxx? My 92 year old grandfather in law with alzheimers got it, the only thing that happened was he angry and confused that he had to lock up in his room instead of his daily walks by himself where he got to look out different windows and it made him happy.
    “over the last year there have been just 83 people under the age of 60 who have ended up in hospital with a breakthrough case of COVID-19. Of those individuals, just nine of them have required treatment in an intensive care unit.

As a point of comparison a total of 8,355 unvaccinated individuals under the age of 60 have ended up in hospital with COVID-19 over the same time-period and 1,722 of them have required treatment in the ICU”

Under 60 yrs old 8,335 unvax to 9 vax to the ICU. And keep in mind 9/10 people are vaccinated.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Nah man, funk dat. This is going to be the Scottie Barnes coming out party. Watch us go undefeated with them all out. We always overperform while undermanned.
      this didn't age well
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

You think everybody got vaccinated so they wouldn't die? I got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell ya. Majority of people got vaccinated because they were indirectly coerced. They wanted their freedoms back.

If you weren't very old, very fat, or very sick (probably needed 2 out of 3), you needn't be very scared. These are the facts and they're available on CDC website for free. Now with the vaxx? My 92 year old grandfather in law with alzheimers got it, the only thing that happened was he angry and confused that he had to lock up in his room instead of his daily walks by himself where he got to look out different windows and it made him happy.
        Mutations are happening because only 46% of the world is fully vaccinated. Nobody is paying attention to countries that can't get vaccines because they are poor, and the rich countries are too busy hoarding the drug for their citizens.

The problem with a mutation is it takes awhile to determine the effect. Delta was nasty. But it also came out when most people were only vaccinated with one dose, but not two. That is why they encouraged everyone to get that second shot. Eventually the science caught up, and confirmed that the second dose would help with that variant.

Omicron however doesn't appear to be all that nasty, but it is still new, and unfortunately the scientists studying its effect are not able to put together a complete review in time, so the government is using the same playbook that they are used to using for the past 1.5 years. We just know that Omicron spreads like wildfire.

Sports leagues are privately owned companies but are exposed publicly. There is a huge political component there. They have their own playbook with how to deal with the virus and are using the same one they created before the season started. It may get revised. The NFL is revising theirs. But again it's political.

The government, especially in Canada has a public health care system. They have numbers that they adhere to, to ensure their citizen can get the health care they need, without also crashing their health care system. It's a tricky situation. Do they sound the panic alarm? Let herd immunity take place? Again it is hard to say, but for now the science tables are saying, stick with the original playbook. And of course we don't have enough boosters readily available so people have to wait until February to get their next shot. So the next step will likely be more shut downs.

Ultimately whether or not you get a booster, get fully vaccinated, etc.. is a personal decision. Sometimes that personal decision can interfere with a government's protocol. It is what it is. Sometimes I want to walk into a Dairy Queen in the summer when it's 30 above without a shirt, and can't get my blizzard.

Me personally.. I want to figure out how to get those 53% of the world vaccinated. I donated a bit to Unicef. But my small donation did sh!t all. Too bad the WHO suck as an organization now. This virus is not going to end any time soon unfortunately.
        Last edited by planetmars; Tue Dec 21, 2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

“over the last year there have been just 83 people under the age of 60 who have ended up in hospital with a breakthrough case of COVID-19. Of those individuals, just nine of them have required treatment in an intensive care unit.

As a point of comparison a total of 8,355 unvaccinated individuals under the age of 60 have ended up in hospital with COVID-19 over the same time-period and 1,722 of them have required treatment in the ICU”

Under 60 yrs old 8,335 unvax to 9 vax to the ICU. And keep in mind 9/10 people are vaccinated.

Where are we pulling these numbers from? In Ontario it's a 2 to 1 split in the icu unvax and vaxxed, and here youre telling me it's 1000 to 1.
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

OK fine, but as I've said the last couple weeks: that wasn't the message. Message was "the vaccine is our ticket back to normal. We need 70% vaccinated and that will be herd immunity...oh no wait 80%...oh no wait 90%...oh no wait keep the masks on, and if you get covid you still gotta act like you have bubonic plague for 10 days. Oh and we're locking down again."

Don't lie to me. That's all I ask. Tell me the vaccine was for my personal health but the spread, and with that, the restrictions, would continue indefinitely. Oh wait, then people wouldn't have gotten it.
            Canada has for sure gone overboard on all the other crap. Vaccines are the only thing that helps. The lockdowns and masks don't really do shit, just delay the inevitable a bit (lockdowns more than masks which seem totally useless the more data we get). We're all gonna get it, omicron is more contagious and raging right now. Get the vaccine so when you get it it's more like a cold and doesn't make you super sick and lose your sense of smell. If you know you're sick with covid, don't go around other people until you're better. That plus vaccines is the best we can do.

I live in Florida and the state has been mask free and wide open basically since covid started and I didn't get covid until I went on an airplane in a busy airport in Chicago. So I wholeheartedly agree the extra measures don't help and shouldn't be in place now that everyone can easily get vaccinated and most are. Vaccine + getting covid is supposed to be super immunity so I think I'm through with it once I feel better. I'm pretty happy about that. I never had any illusions that I wouldn't get covid eventually.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Mutations are happening because only 46% of the world is fully vaccinated. Nobody is paying attention to countries that can't get vaccines because they are poor, and the rich countries are too busy hoarding the drug for their citizens.

The problem with a mutation is it takes awhile to determine the effect. Delta was nasty. But it also came out when most people were only vaccinated with one dose, but not two. That is why they encouraged everyone to get that second shot. Eventually the science caught up, and confirmed that the second dose would help with that variant.

Omicron however doesn't appear to be all that nasty, but it is still new, and unfortunately the scientists studying its effect are not able to put together a complete review in time, so the government is using the same playbook that they are used to using for the past 1.5 years. We just know that Omicron spreads like wildfire.

Sports leagues are privately owned companies but are exposed publicly. There is a huge political component there. They have their own playbook with how to deal with the virus and are using the same one they created before the season started. It may get revised. The NFL is revising theirs. But again it's political.

The government, especially in Canada has a public health care system. They have numbers that they adhere to, to ensure their citizen can get the health care they need, without also crashing their health care system. It's a tricky situation. Do they sound the panic alarm? Let herd immunity take place? Again it is hard to say, but for now the science tables are saying, stick with the original playbook. And of course we don't have enough boosters readily available so people have to wait until February to get their next shot. So the next step will likely be more shut downs.

Ultimately whether or not you get a booster, get fully vaccinated, etc.. is a personal decision. Sometimes that personal decision can interfere with a government's protocol. It is what it is. Sometimes I want to walk into a Dairy Queen in the summer when it's 30 above without a shirt, and can't get my blizzard.

Me personally.. I want to figure out how to get those 53% of the world vaccinated. I donated a bit to Unicef. But my small donation did sh!t all. Too bad the WHO suck as an organization now. This virus is not going to end any time soon unfortunately.
              It's not rich countries hording it, it's rich pharmaceutical companies. I think everyone in USA would be fine letting poorer countries manufacture the vaccines but Moderna and Pfizer aren't having any of that. They want to be the sole supplier, even though the vaccines were developed entirely with government funded research. The corporate oligarchy that is USA really sucks sometimes. That's why we're the only developed nation on planet earth without some form of universal healthcare.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

this didn't age well
                Oof, that sucks. Guess the Raptors 905 gets to play with the big boys for a bit.

Comment

Where are we pulling these numbers from? In Ontario it's a 2 to 1 split in the icu unvax and vaxxed, and here youre telling me it's 1000 to 1.
                  https://www.publichealthontario.ca/-...e%20(Table%201).'

Comment

And i dont know who told you vaccines will be rainbows and sunny skies. Theyve said all along since this thing began that they are trying not to exceed the space they have in hospital and icu’s.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

What does "entered the league Covid protocols" mean anyway? does it mean they're positive?
                      Nope. Precious just got out of protocol. By being in contact with someone who was positive. He tested negative daily, was vaxxed but had to sit out the mandated 10 days. Which doesnt make sense cause Lebron went into "protocol" a few weeks ago. WOJ tweeted he could return with 2 negative tests in 24 hours and he was playing 3 days later. Oh ya and Josh richardson missed game to a non-covid illness. Came back played a game, then got put into protocol. Sat out 10 days came back played another game then got put right back into protocol.. They just use the term protocol, but no one really seems to know whats going on.. Every player gets a different protocol it seeems.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's not rich countries hording it, it's rich pharmaceutical companies. I think everyone in USA would be fine letting poorer countries manufacture the vaccines but Moderna and Pfizer aren't having any of that. They want to be the sole supplier, even though the vaccines were developed entirely with government funded research. The corporate oligarchy that is USA really sucks sometimes. That's why we're the only developed nation on planet earth without some form of universal healthcare.
                        Yeah, there is that as well. But I think part of the problem is that they are not technically allowed to export some of the ingredients they use in their vaccine (and again that comes from the US and European goverments).

Anyway the projection is the world won't get vaccinated until 2023:
                        https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01762-w

So another 2 years of this sh!t (at least).

Comment

And i dont know who told you vaccines will be rainbows and sunny skies. Theyve said all along since this thing began that they are trying not to exceed the space they have in hospital and icu’s.
                          Who told me? The fucking people in charge told me. Have you had your head just selectively buried in the sand?

However, despite our differences, everyone has to same opportunity to help the world return to normal.
                          • “All of us need to do all we can do to help those in less sturdy crafts, and that means getting vaccinated as soon as you can and masking up according to the CDC guidelines,” he said.

Comment

• Listen they were telling us not to wear masks in the beginning and then when they got them in stock and medical care professionals got theirs they told us to wear masks and we were villains for not wearing them. I knew we needed to wear them because all Chinese and asians were wearing them and I trusted them more. But they manipulated media in beginning because they didn't have enough masks.

Keon is right in that the way they needed to be avoid big slogans and treat people like adults. You can still be a carrier and you can still get sick. But this vaccine gives your body more chance to combat the disease and symptoms are way milder. And alternative is worse. But that's not a slogan that gets people behind it. And I blame current culture in the world for it.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Who told me? The fucking people in charge told me. Have you had your head just selectively buried in the sand?

Yes thats the end goal. And you think not getting vaccinated will get us there sooner? Really?

Comment

Yes thats the end goal. And you think not getting vaccinated will get us there sooner? Really?
                                Everybody got vaccinated bro. We're back to square 1. We can all do the booster too just in time for the next variant. You ain't gonna strap down the final 15%, uncle Dave, the welder on facebook, ain't gettin it.
                                Last edited by KeonClark; Tue Dec 21, 2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X