X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA and NBPA Close on CBA Agreement

Great news!

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/10/06/nbp...lockout-update

The NBA and NBPA have made "significant progress" toward a new collective bargaining agreement, The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski reports.

The two sides are optimistic that a new deal could happen in the next several weeks, according to the report.....

Both sides have until Dec. 15 to opt out of the current CBA....

Two expected changes include a higher rookie contract scale to match the recent spikes in player contract value and the salary cap, as well as two-way contracts between the NBA and D-League that increase the number of players’ union jobs.
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 7, 2016, 04:30 PM.

Yup, read this the other day.. Really great news mate, I thought all this money will make players & owners fight harder and dirtier lol.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Great news.
        Though, its hard to feel "slighted" or anything when you're looking at the Dollar Values that these guys are. Glad to hear cooler heads have prevailed and will work through this like adults with Millions of Dollars in their pockets. Lol

Comment

The one caveat I do not like so much is the increase of a maximum 5 years contract to 7 (although 6th year has a mutual out clause).

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            The one caveat I do not like so much is the increase of a maximum 5 years contract to 7 (although 6th year has a mutual out clause).
            Where did you see this?

I think what was reported is that the CBA agreement itself would be 7 years with a 6th year opt out. Deal terms have been trending down, and will most likely be unchanged in this CBA.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

great news, finally it comes on public
              thestatushub

Comment

Really hoping some D League related improvements (i.e. player rights, pay, etc).
                "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                  Really hoping some D League related improvements (i.e. player rights, pay, etc).
                  Two-way contract players will get $50k-$75k salary in D-league

Comment

Two-way contract players will get $50k-$75k salary in D-league
                    Good. Best way to increase quality/awareness getting the pay higher. It'll attract players away from playing overseas.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

oH FML.

Melo just told the ESPN that he's very skeptical that new CBA can get done by Thursday opt-out deadline. 25th hour snag. Come on guys.

Comment

oH FML.

Melo just told the ESPN that he's very skeptical that new CBA can get done by Thursday opt-out deadline. 25th hour snag. Come on guys.
                        The deadline is not exactly a hard deadline. One side or the other will opt out, then negotiations can continue anyway. A deal wrapping Thursday is not much different from a deal wrapping Friday.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          The deadline is not exactly a hard deadline. One side or the other will opt out, then negotiations can continue anyway. A deal wrapping Thursday is not much different from a deal wrapping Friday.
                          I get it, but these news are kind of upsetting tbh. I thought the deal is done.

Comment

Working...
                          X