Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post
    Started out 7-5 last season before things really clicked and they started reeling off good strings of wins.

I thought Keon was off the bottle?
    Fake news. Keons hammered.

planetmars wrote: View Post
    If I remember, the Celtics had a really hot start after their first loss (and Hayward's injury). And Raps were playing catch up and finally surpassed them before the ASG.

Our best start I believe was the Lou year. We were playing such great fools gold basketball at that time.
    Ah yes that was it. The #fakewin campaign
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Wrote him off so it's been fantastic to see him play some really strong games for us so far this season. Loving the shot selection so much more now compared to last year where he was jacking up a lot of 3s.

Comment

• dylan123 wrote: View Post
        Wrote him off so it's been fantastic to see him play some really strong games for us so far this season. Loving the shot selection so much more now compared to last year where he was jacking up a lot of 3s.
        That could have been Casey's "role card" for him.

Comment

• Man this guy is looking great in this role.

Comment

• Tough question: would you trade Serge to get a consistent second scorer? Or is he 'that guy'?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
              Tough question: would you trade Serge to get a consistent second scorer? Or is he 'that guy'?
              Ignoring salary implications, trading Ibaka for Beal (for example) feels like a lateral move.

Not that I don't agree that Beal is the better player, but Ibaka has been that good for us this year.

Comment

Tough question: would you trade Serge to get a consistent second scorer? Or is he 'that guy'?
                Depends on the scorer. A full star-level scorer like Beal? Yeah, probably. A role-playing scorer like Lou Williams, no.

Ibaka has been fantastic, but mostly as a finisher (he's way up on assisted 2 point FGs this year, 81% of his 2 pointers are assisted, compared to 64% and 70% the last two years with the Raps). That's very valuable, so I wouldn't be moving him unless it's for a star. But that's also true of a bunch of other pieces - the Raps are very well constructed, so there's not really a fit issue to address, so only significant talent upgrades make sense.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Depends on the scorer. A full star-level scorer like Beal? Yeah, probably. A role-playing scorer like Lou Williams, no.

Ibaka has been fantastic, but mostly as a finisher (he's way up on assisted 2 point FGs this year, 81% of his 2 pointers are assisted, compared to 64% and 70% the last two years with the Raps). That's very valuable, so I wouldn't be moving him unless it's for a star. But that's also true of a bunch of other pieces - the Raps are very well constructed, so there's not really a fit issue to address, so only significant talent upgrades make sense.
                  Get the point, but Beal really isn't that much of a scoring upgrade over Lou Will, if at all.

Comment

Get the point, but Beal really isn't that much of a scoring upgrade over Lou Will, if at all.
                    Well, the difference is that a) yes, he is, he just does his scoring against starters and not bench players and b) his defence is starter quality (not great, but viable) while Lou is almost unplayable on that end.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Lou will is seriously limited by both his height and his need to have the ball in his hands to make plays. This is apparent in the playoffs.

Beal on the other hand is big enough to get his shot off, can get to the rim far better, and can torch a team simply coming off of screens and pin downs. Also, he can be really good defensively when he focuses.

Comment

• I just don't know if this is real Ibaka. So I'm in "sell high" camp and biased.
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          I just don't know if this is real Ibaka. So I'm in "sell high" camp and biased.
                          This is the Ibaka that came into the league. Rim protector, mid range beast. 3 or 4 years ago "the new NBA" decided he needed to stand in the corner and stretch the D, and play along a big center like a glorified Ryan Anderson or Patrick Patterson
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Ibaka has been reminding me of heyday David West on those CP3 Hornets teams. Midrange assassin, pure pick and pop option. Lowry being positively Paul-esque with his passing this year makes the comparison even stronger.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Ibaka has been reminding me of heyday David West on those CP3 Hornets teams. Midrange assassin, pure pick and pop option. Lowry being positively Paul-esque with his passing this year makes the comparison even stronger.
                              David West + a rim protector

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                David West + a rim protector
                                Yeah, back then the pick and pop option was always a PF, they had Chandler at C providing the rim protection.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X