Everything Serge Ibaka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Man playing in the post used to be so different. Would Antonio Davis even get 20 mpg in today's NBA?
    What's fucked up is he played half his career as a power forward. The 90s didnt think he was slow and lumbering ENOUGH. I remember lineups in 02 where we would have Hakeem and antonio in the front court and slide jyd to the 3 lmao
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Amir probably played enough 5 for him to be up there for us.

Bottomline, Serge is definitely on Mt. Rushmore in that regard.

Comment

• I wonder how good JV could have been if he had been drafted and developed under Nick instead of Dwayne, with his "role cards."

Oh well.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
          I wonder how good JV could have been if he had been drafted and developed under Nick instead of Dwayne, with his "role cards."

Oh well.
          JV has thought that many times. How many games did we see JV filling up the stats sheet for a quarter and then get absolutely glued to the bench for no reason under Casey?

Comment

• I was thinking with the value of guys like Harrell and Adebayo who are considered mobile bigs being so high, we are lucky to have Serge that still provides those attributes but can also stretch the floor. Also,why isn't Kenneth Faried in the league anymore? Seems like a very Harrell/Bam type of guy.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              I was thinking with the value of guys like Harrell and Adebayo who are considered mobile bigs being so high, we are lucky to have Serge that still provides those attributes but can also stretch the floor. Also,why isn't Kenneth Faried in the league anymore? Seems like a very Harrell/Bam type of guy.
              Probably because Harrell and Abedayo have a few skills and can play the 5. Faried is undersized, he ends up being a 4 who can't shoot and isn't a very good defender. He does hustle and get you rebounds and second chance points.

So many teams want to play 4 or 5 out now, I'm sure most just didn't see a fit for him with his limitations, age, and probable cost. He played in China in the fall and got cut in December, he may be injured, news I saw wasn't clear. I'm guessing if he finds himself back in the NBA it'll be for a much smaller role and at a lot less money than under his last contract. Maybe he wasn't willing to take that step back yet, who knows.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                I was thinking with the value of guys like Harrell and Adebayo who are considered mobile bigs being so high, we are lucky to have Serge that still provides those attributes but can also stretch the floor. Also,why isn't Kenneth Faried in the league anymore? Seems like a very Harrell/Bam type of guy.
                Faried was a disaster defensively. No lateral quickness where he could defend against guards and also no rim protection.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

I remember him on the floor more with Davis at C, as one of the starters.

Could be wrong but I'd call him a PF mostly. (Shows how much that position has changed.)
                  Given how much the position and game has changed makes it difficult to rank players relative to each other.
                  Traditional C - JV - MG - AD
                  Modern C - Serge - MG
                  Also would CB-4 play as a C/5 today?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Faried was a disaster defensively. No lateral quickness where he could defend against guards and also no rim protection.
                    Too small, lack of a shot and effectively his style of play has for the most part evolved out of the game.

Comment

• Zak24gege wrote: View Post

Given how much the position and game has changed makes it difficult to rank players relative to each other.
                      Traditional C - JV - MG - AD
                      Modern C - Serge - MG
                      Also would CB-4 play as a C/5 today?
                      Bosh would be one of the best C's in the league of he were in his prime right now.

Gasol's ability to play C in the modern game is pretty amazing given his size and age. He can shoot the 3 but also defends out to the perimeter really well.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Bosh would be one of the best C's in the league of he were in his prime right now.

Gasol's ability to play C in the modern game is pretty amazing given his size and age. He can shoot the 3 but also defends out to the perimeter really well.
                        Reading your comments on Gasol gave me a flashback to Bargniani saying in a post game interview that offense was much more difficult than defense. How far this team has come since Andrea's time is so gratifying as a long time fan.

Comment

• If we can’t resign Ibaka next year can we at least fit his instagram account under the cap? Who knew when the Raps acquired Air Congo (here’s looking at you OP) that he would be that entertaining?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            My rankings would be:

1. JV
                            2. Marc
                            3. Serge
                            4. Davis
                            5. Rasho

I have Serge over Davis but it's close. Davis was an all-star as a Raptor, but Serge helped us get a chip. He was amazing in that 7th game against Philly.
                            No love for Camby, Hakeem or Willis?

Wait for it.... Oliver Miller.

Comment

• Serge is hosting an online talent show. Winner gets funds donated to their city to help with COVID-19

Comment

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
                                Serge is hosting an online talent show. Winner gets funds donated to their city to help with COVID-19

The $20,000 prize seemed a little light compared to his $12M+ annual salary but who am I to criticize? Couldn't one of his sponsors have thrown in some dough for the exposure?

Comment

Working...
                                X