No announcement yet.

Everything PJ Tucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Drummond, but I don't think I could survive watching a playoff game seeing Drummond miss free-throw after free-throw.

And I think we can now close the chapter on drafting Ross over Drummond. Ross played just good enough to get us Ibaka, so Masai's magic absolves Colangelo from further blame.

.... back to talking about PJ, lol.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      I like Drummond, but I don't think I could survive watching a playoff game seeing Drummond miss free-throw after free-throw.

And I think we can now close the chapter on drafting Ross over Drummond. Ross played just good enough to get us Ibaka, so Masai's magic absolves Colangelo from further blame.

.... back to talking about PJ, lol.
      I suppose an argument can be made that Biyombo getting that contract in ORL helped the Raps getting Ibaka as well. We were not burdened by his contract (if MU had signed him) and ORL found it difficult to keep Ibaka another big ready to sign elsewhere after the season. All in all a good outcome....so far!

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        wouldn't the fact that he didn't make that trade indicate that he wasn't going to include a 1st?
        Not really, I could have sworn that I read around that time that it was DET that turned it down because the Pistons were targeting Cousins and weren't high on Val -- maybe that's wrong?!

But yes PJ Tucker is the man! OT lol

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
          Not really, I could have sworn that I read around that time that it was DET that turned it down because the Pistons were targeting Cousins and weren't high on Val -- maybe that's wrong?!

I highly doubt Masai would give up JV and a 1st for Drummond, who makes like 10 mil/year more than JV.

Regardless, Tucker is pretty much the best.

Comment

Rule #36.b: don't believe everything you read on the Internet
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• so I think we just offer PJ Tucker the 5 year 200 million dollar deal on the first day and lock him up long term
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Rule #36.b: don't believe everything you read on the Internet
                Rule #36.c: don't believe Rule #36.b

Comment

i don't know where you heard that. I never did. But, you know, multiple sources (broussard.jpg) and all that.

I heard we offered JV and a 1st for Cousins, not for Drummond. All I heard about Drummond was Detroit wanting JV+1st (which would be a horrible trade for us).

I don't know how PJ tucker has flown under the radar so hard in the past few years. Guess playing for the garbage Suns will do that. Also probably a bit of contract year in effect. Hopefully we don't get burned.

Comment

• Just posting because, you can never have too much PJ Tucker aka Da Goat

Comment

• He has been a difference maker. Sure glad to have him on board. If they can resign him, and Powell continues to grow as a player, the Raps will truly have two defensive stoppers. Actually with Wright's continued growth, they could have three, covering four positions.

Comment

• He seems to make all the right plays. Honestly I watched the Pacers game from friday night a couple times and he only made one turnover mistake, everything else was smart basketball.

Comment

• Best SF in Raptors history. Yes i'm serious.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Best SF in Raptors history. Yes i'm serious.
                            Rasual butler says hi. Don't be casual with rasual
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Pelton posted his Defensive Player awards, PJ getting an honorable mention at PF (SF is stacked)

Tucker is nominally a small forward but emerged as Phoenix's best option against high-scoring 4s and has continued to play that role at times since his trade to Toronto.
                              2 ex-Raps also with HM's, Amir at C

Johnson is one of the league's most underappreciated defenders, an old-school brawler in the paint who also has enough mobility to crossmatch with Al Horford at times against stretch 4s.
                              And JJ at PF

Johnson's strength allows him to defend taller opponents, and he's got the ability to switch on guards after drastically transforming his body under the guidance of the Heat's athletic training staff.
                              JJ also had a link about his body transformation - I'm posting it without comment, although it does raise issues with the Raptors.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...136917233.html
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Working...
                              X