No announcement yet.

Dirk Nowitzki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Dirk any more a PF than Durant or Bird? Probably not and they're both more impressive.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Was Dirk any more a PF than Durant or Bird? Probably not and they're both more impressive.
      Maybe not ... however the piece was about the best from Europe comparision.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

Maybe not ... however the piece was about the best from Europe comparision.
        Well, I was speaking to the first post and I don't have time right now to read the article but I will later. Without reading it though:

In my opinion, the best European PF is a yes depending on the definition of a PF. Best European player? I don't know and even if it's a yes right now, it likely won't be yes for much longer. He was spectacular, a good leader and he won in the NBA but he has some really stiff competition. Giannis, Jokic and Doncic all have the potential to finish with better careers because they have had more impressive starts to their careers. Especially Doncic, who I think Dirk has been mentoring. The Mavs need to do a better job putting a contender supporting cast around him though. The year Dirk won the cast was underrated but they complimented his game really well and allowed him to be his best while he also lifted them all up at the same time. The Mavs have sort of squandered Doncic a little so far with some bad roster decisions.

Comment

Working...
        X