Wiggins coming home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiggins coming home?

So I was just reading this article about the fact that Wiggins has apparently been offered a contract extension (I think at the max??) by the Timberwolves. He is apparently "discussing it" at the moment with the team. Does it look like he'll take it? Does anyone know? And does anyone know if he's said anything about coming home to Toronto? I remember hearing that he mentioned before the draft a few years ago that he would love to play in Toronto.

So, does anyone know about Wiggins' situation at all? And would it make sense to bring this kind of player to Toronto?

It's weird to me that he hasn't signed it yet. It was supposed to be done by last Saturday before camp.

The only holdup I can think of is that he has no agent and just wants to be sure what's what before signing. But it's crazy that he would go to camp with $148million on the table when he could get injured at any time.

Comment

It'd be so incredible if he held out and came to us, but I just don't see it happening. Particularly cause of the massive talent of Towns alongside him. Add Butler and he's in a great place as is and set up to have that play out well for him for a long time to come. KAT and he will grow together and hit their stride together and they have the potential to be something special.

I used to pray for it all the time but now I've all but given up any hope that he'll play here in the meaningful years in his career. Perhaps early to jump to that conclusion. It would be amazing if he came here.

Maybe he'll be wanna come play in the weak east -- come on Drew!

Comment

There is no way for us to acquire him.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
          Sign and trade for DeRozan. The salaries should be pretty close.

It would never happen, but it is possible. Then you would theoretically move Powell to the two. Wolves fans are saying Wiggins is better at the two but who knows.

Comment

Wiggins was one of the worst defenders in the NBA last year. Let's give him some time to learn from Butler before we think about getting him
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
              He could sign his QO next summer if he doesn't sign an extension. He won't be here this season, but if he doesn't sign a max extension, it really seems like he doesn't want to be there long term, and who knows what the Raptors' cap sheet looks like the summer after next?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Sign and trade for DeRozan. The salaries should be pretty close.

It would never happen, but it is possible. Then you would theoretically move Powell to the two. Wolves fans are saying Wiggins is better at the two but who knows.
                Salaries don't work because Wiggins is still on his rookie scale deal right now. Makes about 7M. Could do a sign and trade next summer, but we'd be screwed with respect to the hard cap. So that won't happen. Most likely scenario wherein Wiggins comes here is he takes his QO next summer, and comes in free agency the following year if the Raptors have blown the team up in the meantime (also very unlikely IMO).
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  the following year if the Raptors have blown the team up in the meantime (also very unlikely IMO).
                  however if there was a year to blow it up it will be that year. Lowry, Ibaka expiring
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    however if there was a year to blow it up it will be that year. Lowry, Ibaka expiring
                    True, I just think the team will have enough success over this three year window that Ujiri will ride it out.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Wiggins isn't good enough to blow up this team for. I think he's only waiting to sign the extension as pay back for the owner making public comments like this: http://www.nba.com/article/2017/08/0...n-conversation
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Wiggins is just a product of the Canadian media hype. Good player but not great. DeRozan is the better player.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Wiggins is just a product of the Canadian media hype. Good player but not great. DeRozan is the better player.
                          Derozan is 28
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Derozan is 28
                            And? right now DeRozan is the better player.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                              And? right now DeRozan is the better player.
                              And right now chris paul is better than markelle fultz. Who would I rather acquire if I'm not a contender? The younger one.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X