Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Brad Stevens is the best Coach ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    An observation....
    Curious why he wound up with nary a single vote....

Doc Rivers got a vote....
    Terry Stotts got a vote...
    Appears Casey got a lot of them....
    But Stephens got none.. from his peers.... just seems curious.
    Which part was the observation? LOL

Comment

Do the coaches have their own union?

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Do the coaches have their own union?
        yup
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
          I could argue that this award is the more important one. What the hell do members of the media know about being a good coach?

On the other hand, of course there's a lot of biases that play into the coaches one. There's a lot of biases that play into the media one as well, but they tend to not be "group" biases as much.
          I'd say the more important one is the NBPA Players Voice Awards, which is voted on by the players. They have an award: "Which coach you'd most want to play for?" Of course, Gregg Popovich won it last year.

Comment

Maybe coaches evaluated that the Boston roster is composed of high level draft picks, a top 10 player when he's healthy and some prized free agents whereas the Toronto roster has had to rely on internal growth for their not so desirable talent in order to get to the top of the East Conf. Could be argued that we had the harder path to get to where we are?

Or of course it could be:
            - Protecting one of their own in a time of need
            - Jealousy
            - Boston Brad has a bright future with many such accolades to come. Let's throw Casey a bone since this will likely be his last opportunity...sort of like how you could give the MVP to LBJ every year but sometimes you just gotta hand it to someone else.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              yup
              Wonder what kind of union dues they have to pay? Maybe Boston Brad didn't want to join up with the gang.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Which part was the observation? LOL
                All of it..LOL
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

I think hes great, but I also think the overall talent of coaches are lacking. It seems like an old boys club, where it would be hard to get into coaching by revolutionizing the game. Thats why you get all of the same type of coaches, except a few here and there that are great. I would argue that most coaches suck.

Comment

Stevens is THAT good.

Comment

• It's not just coaching.

They're just straight up better than us. People act like these players are just scrubs, they aren't. Horford is better than anyone on our team. Tatum and Brown are both better than DeRozan.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        It's not just coaching.

They're just straight up better than us. People act like these players are just scrubs, they aren't. Horford is better than anyone on our team. Tatum and Brown are both better than DeRozan.
                        and Rozier is twice the player lowry is
                        Smart is three times the player Fred and Delon are
                        Moris slaps JV
                        and Lastly, Horford is Kareem when compared to Ibaka
                        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• Abbas wrote: View Post
                          and Rozier is twice the player lowry is
                          Smart is three times the player Fred and Delon are
                          Moris slaps JV
                          and Lastly, Horford is Kareem when compared to Ibaka
                          Agree they are better,
                          but l think these players maxed their potential out coz Stevens utilized them properly.
                          Idk if Morris would have played like that if he was with another team.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            Agree they are better,
                            but l think these players maxed their potential out coz Stevens utilized them properly.
                            Idk if Morris would have played like that if he was with another team.
                            Either JV, or Lowry would have been the best player on Boston using last year's numbers.

Horford and Rozier are good, but not great.

Irving and Tatum where great, but not as great as JV or Lowry, and certainly not anywhere near the postal code of Kawhi. They will probably be even better next year, though.

Marcus Morris is not even close to good, below average player, who should not be in the rotation of a contending team.

Hayward has had one amazing year in his career (16-17), that's all so far. We'll see next year.

Brown has awesome potential, his numbers last year where only pretty good though. Wright and FVV where way better. Siakam and OG where not significantly worse.

I'm a fan of Stevens, he obviously gets the most out of second rate players. I wanted the Raptors to go after him when he was at Butler, but how many championships has he won at any level? None. Nurse has 4.

Raptors are miles better than Boston, if Kawhi is at his best, it's not even close.

Comment

Working...
                            X