• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    OG questionable tomorrow. Left hip soreness
    There ya go.
    Genius coaching.

Comment

• You guys saying we need to fire Nurse are wild, shortest memory spans on the planet.

Comment

• Nurse must coach half the teams in the NBA, missing star players to injury. lebron, Davis, Kawhi, PG, Durant, Kyrie, he only coaches the stars.

Comment

• If we're going the route of Nick can only coach contenders and not a rebuilding team. Its much harder to find a coach that can coach contenders.

We hire a better developmental coach, get to the point of being a contender and then what?

Comment

OG questionable tomorrow. Left hip soreness
            Lol...OG is like, f$%^ these bums, I'm playing my heart out and these clowns are dog F%#$$....can't get the ball, enjoy having all those shots in a blow out game.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
              If we're going the route of Nick can only coach contenders and not a rebuilding team. Its much harder to find a coach that can coach contenders.

We hire a better developmental coach, get to the point of being a contender and then what?
              Make Nick an Ass't Coach, then fire the development Coach at the right time and promote Nick....worked before
              Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Dec 11, 2022, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• No way Masai would even consider firing Nick Nurse.

But Masai can do one thing though to prevent Nick Nurse from further trying his hardest to be a politician.

Cut the chain baby.

Comment

• Time 2 Fire me!!!
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Per Cleaning the Glass, Toronto has the absolute worst half-court offense in the league, thanks to an 89.1 offensive rating. 29th place is the lowly Rockets, who are barely ahead of them with an 89.3 rating. Without Siakam, that number drops to 83.9.

There is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to dissecting what is going wrong with this offense, but these three factors stand out above the rest. All three of them need to figure out what is going haywire and find a way to somehow lock in as the schedule toughens back up.

3 Raptors most at fault for poor offensive play in 2022

1. Nick Nurse
                    For a coach that has written multiple books on shooting and has been trusted so much by this front office that the team continues to draft raw offensive players for him to develop, Nurse’s teams in the last few years have been plagued by an alarming lack of shooting and offensive quality.

Despite the fact the Raptors are currently fourth in isolation frequency, all but one player is averaging below 0.77 points per possession. Pascal Siakam is the only player (1.05 PPP) bucking that trend. When issues are that widespread, coaching needs to be held at fault.

Nick Nurse needs to fix the Toronto Raptors’ offense.
                    VanVleet and trade chip Gary Trent Jr. can both stroke it from deep, but they are mired in slumps. O.G. Anunoby’s shooting has fallen off a cliff. Despite injuries, Otto Porter Jr. has seen his shooting percentage decline from his Golden State days. When so many shooters are struggling at once, that goes back to coaching.
                    https://raptorsrapture.com/2022/12/1...ko-vanvleet/3/
                    Last edited by golden; Mon Dec 12, 2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• I know some of what Nick is doing is shaped by roster construction by Masai and Bobby. However, I fundamentally disagree with how Nick is running both the offence and defence.

Defence: why are we sending our guys into the jersey of the ball handler? This leads to a blow-by, then scramble/rotation, then a clean corner 3 most of the time. Everyone is 6’9” just sag off and contain. This is making Fred and Scottie look even worse defensively.

Offence: DHO into mismatch iso. Even in mismatches, iso is some of the least efficient offence in the league. How about run some PnR with the rookie of the year who can short roll and play make?

Comment

• Offence is an afterthought for nick. What did he say post game..they need to will some more shots in? Good formula

Comment

Offence is an afterthought for nick. What did he say post game..they need to will some more shots in? Good formula
                          More hero ball incoming!!!!

Comment

Offence is an afterthought for nick. What did he say post game..they need to will some more shots in? Good formula
                            I mean at a certain point you need shots to fall. No one can hit a three. Like, over the last 7 games they are 2-5. And in those 7 games they are shooting 28% from three on shots with no defender within 6 feet. On 15 attempts per game. Last year they shot 38% on those shots (again, 15 attempts per game). Reality is you will go through these stretches of poor shooting, unfortunately enough else is not operating at peak capacity that they can't make up for the cold shooting. Heating up would paper over a lot of issues (just ask the Magic last night, they won basically only on a ridiculous 3 point differential).

I'm a little more concerned about the defence, the focus and energy has been intermittent at best, and as much as the results will be hurt because the offence is giving up lots of rebound and run opportunities, I still don't love how much the offensive struggles seem to be impacting the other end. Could be guys are hurt and that's impacting that end too but guys have been hobbled much of the year and it's looked a lot better so I dunno.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I mean at a certain point you need shots to fall. No one can hit a three. Like, over the last 7 games they are 2-5. And in those 7 games they are shooting 28% from three on shots with no defender within 6 feet. On 15 attempts per game. Last year they shot 38% on those shots (again, 15 attempts per game). Reality is you will go through these stretches of poor shooting, unfortunately enough else is not operating at peak capacity that they can't make up for the cold shooting. Heating up would paper over a lot of issues (just ask the Magic last night, they won basically only on a ridiculous 3 point differential).

I'm a little more concerned about the defence, the focus and energy has been intermittent at best, and as much as the results will be hurt because the offence is giving up lots of rebound and run opportunities, I still don't love how much the offensive struggles seem to be impacting the other end. Could be guys are hurt and that's impacting that end too but guys have been hobbled much of the year and it's looked a lot better so I dunno.
                              Exactly. That's the problem with this offense. Modern NBA is about 3pt shooting. We only have THREE 3pt shooters on the team -- and the one who has been the most consistent of the 3 has struggled mightily this year.

Again, we only have THREE 3pt shooters on this team. Most teams have 5+, the Magic have 6.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Exactly. That's the problem with this offense. Modern NBA is about 3pt shooting. We only have THREE 3pt shooters on the team -- and the one who has been the most consistent of the 3 has struggled mightily this year.

Again, we only have THREE 3pt shooters on this team. Most teams have 5+, the Magic have 6.
                                Coaching

Comment

Working...
                                X