Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

For what end? So you can appreciate it more as a fan? Fans really only care about winning and this roster is too flawed for that right now.
    For development.
    Casuals care about winning. Management too.
    But real fans can stomach a bit of down years for the sake of a right development.

Comment

I may have messed up his thought process.. but you just hit my point. No coach was going to beat a team with a GOAT like player in his prime with Kyle and DeMar. And so what's the point of swapping Nurse out for Udoka? What's the end game with the roster we have?
      Because there are levels and eras. There are no GOAT-level players in their prime or dominant super-teams in this era. It's wide open. If you actually believe that coaching makes a difference, then this would be the era to have it make an impact.

Comment

I bet I could beat the current Spurs team with Pops coaching if I had the Dream Team in their prime and I was coaching.
        That in no way shape or form proves coaching doesn't matter.

If they cloned the Spurs team and you coached the identical players against Pop he would whoop your ass, because coaching matters.
        Last edited by Primer; Fri Mar 31, 2023, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Some coaches are paid a lot more than others. Pop makes over 5X more than the lowest paid coach at $11.5M per year. Why pay him $8.5M more than the lowest paid guy if he doesn't make a difference?

You know players change teams every year too right? Do they not matter? Because your implication there is that because coaches change teams every year they clearly don't matter.
          Yeah replaceable players get replaced.
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Just watch Zach Snyder Justice League vs the Joss Whedon version. The editing made a shit ton of difference. Almost a completely different movie.
            Still shit lmao

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Well except Warriors
              GOAT-level team beat GOAT-level player. They were both on a different level than everybody else.

Comment

Some coaches are paid a lot more than others. Pop makes over 5X more than the lowest paid coach at $11.5M per year. Why pay him $8.5M more than the lowest paid guy if he doesn't make a difference?

You know players change teams every year too right? Do they not matter? Because your implication there is that because coaches change teams every year they clearly don't matter.
                Pops team right now is ranked 28th in the league. Why pay Westbrook as much as he does? Or John Wall? How much someone gets paid is a dumb argument here. Owners will spend money as they will. It doesn't mean they are always right. Spurs should get a coach who makes $250K or less and save a tonne of money.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

GOAT-level team beat GOAT-level player. They were both on a different level than everybody else.
                  And why coaching doesn't ultimately matter.

Comment

Is Thibs turning Nash and Harden into defensive stoppers?
                    So you're saying the coaches system matters?

That Thibs system would not work as well as Dantoni system with that roster?

Once again, you are helping me prove my point.

Comment

And why coaching doesn't ultimately matter.
                      In GOAT eras, sure. But we aren't in that era anymore.

Comment

That in no way shape or form proves coaching doesn't matter.

If they cloned the Spurs team and you coached the identical players against Pop be would whoop your ass, because coaching matters.
                        Both are impossible realities though. It's not chess. The team with the better players always wins. That's the point me and MixxAOR are making. The coach is usually irrelevant. It's about the talent.

Comment

• https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...perstar-player

Don't start sounding like this guys.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

In GOAT eras, sure. But we aren't in that era anymore.
                            Yet teams with the best players still win some how.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...perstar-player

Don't start sounding like this guys.
                              Sure, that's way overboard. But Stevens did do a great job developing all those young guys. He actually DID turn non-shooters into shooters.

Comment

So you're saying the coaches system matters?

That Thibs system would not work as well as Dantoni system with that roster?

Once again, you are helping me prove my point.
                                Dude no. They find coaches that would match the roster. Roster precedes everything. We know what team you build around Lebron. Lebron as pg and shooters around him. Like it doesn't matter what coach it'll be.

Comment

Working...
                                X