X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol real quick fall from grace the past couple years

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I don't that's the reason but if it is, great coaches are worth that.
      Most coach's are basically the same. It usually always comes down to talent. And when a "great" coach has a good season, they are bound to have a mediocre/bad season too. Just look at guys like Pops, Spoelstra or Kerr.

Money for a coach doesn't come out of a salary cap.. so for me I couldn't care less if they retained him or not. But I suspect MLSE wanted to bring in someone cheaper. And that's their right if that's how they feel.

Comment

• Grange tweeted about the lack of bench development as one of the reasons LOL. What did I say back in the offseason? Trent is trash, Boucher and Young are trash. I didn't want them to bring back Boucher and Young but they did. They didn't have a C, they added ONE shooter and that shooter happens to be injury prone.

That's their bench. That's Nick's fault? everything I said has come to fruition.

Prediction - They're going to run it back. Nothings going to change though unless they make major roster changes.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Unless you're iconic, like Pop, Belichek, Sloan, etc..... all coaches have a shelf life.

I always thought Spoelstra was overrated because he was gifted the Big 3, but he's handled win-now teams, tanking teams and rebuilding teams pretty well over the years. And tier 1 knuckleheads like Dion Waiters and James Johnson were kept in check and had their best seasons under Spo. Not ready to call him iconic yet, but he's building a good case. He also stays humble and keeps a low profile, because he knows the NBA is all about the players not the coach.
          Belichek is getting sidelined in NE this season. Everyone gets replaced eventually. I’ve bbecone much more sanguine about this stuff as I get older. All that matters is you get the next hire right.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
            Nick Nurse allowed his sentiments dictates the way he coaches

the favoritism was really blatant

The moment he called out Trent and made him as the scapegoat and fall guy when equally VanVleet was not a defensive stalwart either created a disruption or rift in chemistry

he doubled down by benching Trent and also benched that one game Scottie

all season long, he enabled VanVleet with no consequences at all even though he was shitting the bed offensively and worse defensively

for what it’s worth, he may just have put the last nail on his own coffin
            Thanks NN but you made your own bed, you lived and died with VanVleet just like the team lived and died with his Hail Marys.

the irony.

Comment

• Here comes Ime Udoka…

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                Nurse first bad season(not his fault) and they fired him lol. I'm going to question the competency of this management even more now.
                Highly doubt its just because of the bad season. Lots of locker room issues as evidenced by reports from many different people.

The team just seemed off this season.

Comment

• Welp, bye Nick! Don't really think you were the main problem but fascinated to see what someone else does re: system around this core. And frankly the rotation decisions right after the Jak trade were fireable offences on their own, so hard to be too upset. Of course the team's actual reasons were probably just locker room stuff and needing a different voice, which, fair enough.

Also, worth saying again as it ends: thanks for the chip!
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here comes Ime Udoka…
                    Hide your women!

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Hide your women!
                      Yeah if it's Udoka they better adress the issue...

Comment

Most coach's are basically the same. It usually always comes down to talent. And when a "great" coach has a good season, they are bound to have a mediocre/bad season too. Just look at guys like Pops, Spoelstra or Kerr.

Money for a coach doesn't come out of a salary cap.. so for me I couldn't care less if they retained him or not. But I suspect MLSE wanted to bring in someone cheaper. And that's their right if that's how they feel.
                        I agree, NBA is a superstars league but the Raptors don't win that championship in 2019 without Nurse.

Who started the "Build A Wall" defense on Giannis? Nurse. Who started the box and 1 defense? Nurse. Back then a lot of people mocked him for doing that but now everybody's doing it. How about starting Fred in the 2nd half of Games 4-6 against the Warriors? I can go on and on. These are some genius in game adjustments that he made during that run.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Wil one interesting to see how an outsider evaluates our talent. Will they care about Scottie? Does Fred get free reign (if he stays)? Does OG get more/less shots?

Comment

Hide your women!
                            Ugh.

He had proven that he is a very good coach.

People are entitled to a second chance so they say.

But the cravings for sure should be kept in check LOL

Comment

• Well there's our answer, makes me wonder about the "selfish" comment Masai made a while back. Was he referring to NN and his "Coach to get paid" mantra? Press conference should be good

Comment

Ugh.

He had proven that he is a very good coach.

People are entitled to a second chance so they say.

But the cravings for sure should be kept in check LOL
                                I don't know how much he proved.. his team under performed until they traded away Schroeder and then he got his team to the finals. But it was mostly the talent that did that. They didn't skip a beat after they fired him and replaced him with a nobody.

I do agree that guys are entitled a second chance. And if the team is okay with him than that's fine. He's not going to be a magician with this roster we have. It's still super flawed.

Comment

Working...
                                X