No announcement yet.

Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Antoni found a way to beat the Warriors. If Paul wasn't injured they may have (the chances of Paul getting injured are high though.. so that was a high risk acquisition in the summer even though he's a guaranteed hall of famer).

Need to slow things down. Really slow. Pound the air out of the ball. And grab every rebound you can. The Warriors play "momentum-ball". They rely on rhythm and 3pt shooting. Slowing the pace will work to your advantage.

I bet Boston would have had 6 or 7 games on the Warriors if they got passed Cleveland. Stevens would have learned from D'Antoni.

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      I think the problem with Lou Will was deeper than the playoffs, but it's to your point about certain players being relied on heavily, and then Masai not bringing them back. He didn't even low-ball Lou Will.
      Casey blamed Lou for the Raps defense taking a huge step backwards that year. Lou, and losing John Salmons were the reasons, according to Casey. There's an off-season interview where Casey is on the defensive, explaining it all.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Casey blamed Lou for the Raps defense taking a huge step backwards that year. Lou, and losing John Salmons were the reasons, according to Casey. There's an off-season interview where Casey is on the defensive, explaining it all.
        He always had a scapegoat. Even when he would take some blame, he would deflect most of it to someone else.

I still can't believe he blamed his assistants for using Bebe in game 4 vs the Cavs. Fucking coward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          He also talked about going to the MIT Sloan Analytics Conference and how important it is to be on the cutting edge in basketball and even ahead of the curve, implementing new strategies before other teams figure them out. He said basketball has changed so much in the last 5 years and even 3 years that you can't just be doing the same old stuff.
          I'm in love.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            Will be interesting to see if Nurse employs the same hockey lineups that Casey had. The bench mob was rolling all season long but maybe that's not a good thing?
            Hockey line-ups got to go, did not worked well in the playoffs because the other team starters can play close to 40 minutes per game to secure a win.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
              Hockey line-ups got to go, did not worked well in the playoffs because the other team starters can play close to 40 minutes per game to secure a win.
              It worked that one game against washington, when the bench mob went head to head against the wizards starters, then the starters came in to finish them off, the wiz starters where exhausted and could not resist.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post
                It worked that one game against washington, when the bench mob went head to head against the wizards starters, then the starters came in to finish them off, the wiz starters where exhausted and could not resist.
                One game ... I rest my case.

Comment

• To be fair they barely had the full true bench mob available to them. Van Vleet was out nearly the entire Washington series, and then shortly into the Cleveland series Poeltl had proven that he wasn't very playable.

I don't think we have really any data on the 5 man bench mob to make any assumptions on whether it would have worked or not.

But in general, it's one of those things that continuity and familiarity benefit you to a point, which is the bench mob's strength, but being able to react to adjustments is also important and whether that was possible with the bench wasn't really evident.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    I think we'll see hockey lineups in the regular season where they're effective and won't see them come playoff time.

Nurse said he is going to experiment a lot during the season to make sure everyone is ready for playoff type defense and not suddenly asked to do something differently than they've done all season. Said it's too late to change at that point unless you've been working on it all season.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• 9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• This is nuts:

Casey, with a new team in Detroit and a huge contract, hasn’t completely gotten over what happened in Toronto and maybe the ascension of Nurse doesn’t make that any easier. The final days of the Cleveland series — Games 3 and 4 in Cleveland — saw an implosion of the Raptors coaching staff and, by the end, one insider contends, it was every man for himself.
                          http://torontosun.com/sports/basketb...to-get-rolling
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• like a fucking high school boys. Modern professionals.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              like a fucking high school boys. Modern professionals.
                              If that's all true, Masai had no choice but to fire Casey.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• In general I do not believe anything Steve Simmons says. Think it’s a good best practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X