Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Doesn't sound likes he's blaming Nurse then
    Not directly, but it is kind of pointing the finger... because it's starting to sound like the team is tuning him out. Maybe they don't believe in his schemes anymore? Who knows, but playing defense and playing hard is supposed to be a non-negotiable of our team culture.

At some point, all the "mea culpas" have to result in action on the court. I don't agree with firing the coach, so you've got to make a trade to shake things up, and/or grease the tank wheels. Now if we could trade Nurse for a FRP... I'd be all ears.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Did you watch the Hawks game? Pascal and Fred looked like the two guys that didn't show up. Both were absolutely brutal. Pascal usually gives some form of energy but he didn't seem to care much while on the court. And Fred as we know looked out of shape and shouldn't have played.

I thought the young kids had lots of energy. Especially Scottie who had one of his better games. So what would benching him have any affect on Fred or Pascal? I don't get how your dots are connected there.

Gary just had an off night. But he gets those. He still ended up with 3 steals. One should have lead to an and-1, and Nurse got a tech for that non-call. That's some good energy from him too.

I thought the benching of Trent and Scottie back then had lingering effects to their current situation.

Those were the dots…

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Not directly, but it is kind of pointing the finger... because it's starting to sound like the team is tuning him out. Maybe they don't believe in his schemes anymore? Who knows, but playing defense and playing hard is supposed to be a non-negotiable of our team culture.

At some point, all the "mea culpas" have to result in action on the court. I don't agree with firing the coach, so you've got to make a trade to shake things up, and/or grease the tank wheels. Now if we could trade Nurse for a FRP... I'd be all ears.
        I guess we all hear what we want to hear but I see a guy pointing the finger at themselves ie "we have the players here but we're not performing up to out capability"

Nurse has talked about a lack of energy an defensive commitment for weeks but other than Thad who said it took a bit of time to pick up, not one player has even hinted reasons they can't do it.

Think about it, if the players were voicing the opinion that it took to much energy to employ, I don't think Nurse would keep putting it out there that they're not bringing the consistent energy. Players would leak that to the media mouth pieces as well.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I thought the benching of Trent and Scottie back then had lingering effects to their current situation.

Those were the dots…
          So the benching of those guys lead to Fred and Pascal playing like crap against the Hawks? I'm not seeing it. Sorry.

Comment

So the benching of those guys lead to Fred and Pascal playing like crap against the Hawks? I'm not seeing it. Sorry.
            Overall Team Chemistry but I am also sorry that you are seeing it very shortsighted.

Comment

• You guys all played sports at one time or another. When your team is playing shitty and you're losing a lot the effort level goes down. I don't see a way to get it back up this season without a trade.

Comment

Those were the dots…
                Yeah, the team was really setting the world on fire before that...

Also, please stop saying RPM is a good statistic, it's almost useless as an impact stat. There are good ones but that ain't one of them.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, the team was really setting the world on fire before that...

Also, please stop saying RPM is a good statistic, it's almost useless as an impact stat. There are good ones but that ain't one of them.
                  Of course I didn’t say that the team was setting the world on fire….

I said that the season was still salvageable….Read it Clearly and Comprehend before you start your usual Modus operandi of nitpicking posts leading to us chasing our tails to nowhere LOL

One game above 500 is totally different than 5 games below….you didn’t do the math?

Here you go again, you diminishing something for your convenience but exalt something that would benefit you. RPM is good but it has flaws. CHEMISTRY.

read again, I said.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    You guys all played sports at one time or another. When your team is playing shitty and you're losing a lot the effort level goes down. I don't see a way to get it back up this season without a trade.
                    You need a strong leader/s, a coach that commands everyone's attention, management support and a clear goal/direction.

how many of those boxes do this team tick?
                    one?

Comment

Overall Team Chemistry but I am also sorry that you are seeing it very shortsighted.

How do you know team chemistry is bad though? What did Nurse say that hinted to that? The quote flying around is we didn't play with energy. And it was after the Hawks game where they played lousy.. specifically Fred and Pascal.

The benching of Scottie, or the spat with Thad. No idea what it was, or something else. But he's been playing great. He was our best player against Atlanta.

Comment

How do you know team chemistry is bad though? What did Nurse say that hinted to that? The quote flying around is we didn't play with energy. And it was after the Hawks game where they played lousy.. specifically Fred and Pascal.

The benching of Scottie, or the spat with Thad. No idea what it was, or something else. But he's been playing great. He was our best player against Atlanta.
                        How do you know that is not?

I’d rather lean on what I think is happening reflected by their current situation.

Comment

Id go back to the games where fred was out. Look at those games and the team was brimming with chemistry, energy and camaraderie. It was like a different team. Good results too

Comment

How do you know that is not?

I’d rather lean on what I think is happening reflected by their current situation.
                            You quoted "energy vibes" and went into some stuff about benching our young guys early in the season leading to it. When Nurse was talking about the energy in the Hawks game. And after watching that game, the two guys to blame for that lack of energy were clearly Fred and Pascal. The two guys he didn't bench.

I think you just wanted to blame Nurse for the benching of two of your favourite Raptors and used a quote out of context to do it.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Id go back to the games where fred was out. Look at those games and the team was brimming with chemistry, energy and camaraderie. It was like a different team. Good results too
                              There was a game against San Antonio and Atlanta earlier in the year. Is that what you mean? Fred's been out a few games this year. What about those ones? How did we look in those games?

Comment

You quoted "energy vibes" and went into some stuff about benching our young guys early in the season leading to it. When Nurse was talking about the energy in the Hawks game. And after watching that game, the two guys to blame for that lack of energy were clearly Fred and Pascal. The two guys he didn't bench.

I think you just wanted to blame Nurse for the benching of two of your favourite Raptors and used a quote out of context to do it.
                                that is what I said, shortsighted for you to see it differently. Double Sorry buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X