Everything Nick Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Well, why not just give him good players then.
    Players were probably tired of him. Mostly it's sacrificial lamb for fans. Management won't fire themselves and changing roster is not easy.
    Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Mar 31, 2023, 05:20 PM.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

If coaching doesn't matter why was our 2018 CoTY let go?
      COTY is a regular season award. He was fired for his playoff performance.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

COTY is a regular season award. He was fired for his playoff performance.
        You mean coaching only matters in the playoffs?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

How do you define "most"? Mavs were definitely more talented than the Heat.. especially since Lebron had his worst series ever that year.

If there are a handful of teams that have similar rosters and stars on them, then it will be a random team that wins.. and the coach won't decide the series ultimately. Otherwise guys like Vogel or Rivers wouldn't have rings.
          Lol. C’mon, PM. Most ironic is that it was Dwane Casey’s Lebron stopping defensive schemes that were a big key to that Mavs-Heat series. Coaching mattered.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              I can't find the link but I remember Phil Jackson saying that same exact thing.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

He's gone.

Comment

He's gone.
                  yeah pretty much
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Again, I can't find the link but Phil Jackson said something like that as well. I think he mentioned it on The Last Dance as well.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

This comes down again to the usage misconception.
                      Scottie doesn't need to play more, he just needs to be put in the more appropriate role.
                      Your arguments are hilariously extreme, bench Fred, wtf is that. Lol
                      Lol

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

I'm ok with Nurse in some ways too, but he really needs to:

- lead by example and not complain on every single play, at least reduce it
                        - early in the season, actually give bench players a chance to get used to playing with each other and get comfortable before yanking them after 3 mins in two games
                        - keep running normal plays even if up in the 4th quarter
                        - more focus on getting scottie the ball
                        - actually pay attention when hes riding out a surge and keeps players in and his players are too tired to run anymore.....
                        - stop wasting challenges on 50/50 call plays that have 5% chance of being overturned
                        I suggested Udoka a few months back, he is a Masai kind of guy.

Right after they acquired Poeltl, NN’s seat should be warmer

Let’s see how he does in the play in tourney.

But I would hope to see a NN without the midget dictating how he manages his roster. Cut the chain

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Dang.
                            Imagine if the team reacts negatively to his statements and they miss the play- in.

Comment

Dang.
                              Imagine if the team reacts negatively to his statements and they miss the play- in.
                              According to this thread it doesn’t matter what Nurse does or doesn’t do so this is completely irrelevant. May as well have Fred coach cause I am told him and Siakam determine the game plan, rotations and style anyway. Save MLSE $8,000,000.

Comment

Dang.
                                Given everything that has been rumored/reported over the season, there are already issues on the team. Nick is just confirming that I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X