Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Kawhi Leonard

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VC was pretty damn good in his prime. I would put him in the same tier as KG in his prime. Both were superstars imo though VC for a much shorter time.

    Comment


    • I was one of the few who kept rooting for Vince when he left. I thought him kidd and Jefferson could have been special. He just didn't have that extra gear that Kobe or mike had.

      Even now you see how the twilight of his career is spent picking teams that have zero pressure to win, warm climates and hes done playing in April so he can golf

      Vince LOVES the game. I dont know how much he loves the competition, or ever cared about being the best.
      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

      Comment


      • Vince has had a super weird career. He might have peaked in his third year in the league. He needed Oakley's constantly threatening presence nearby to get the most out of his potential.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

        Comment


        • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Vince has had a super weird career. He might have peaked in his third year in the league. He needed Oakley's constantly threatening presence nearby to get the most out of his potential.
          Super weird indeed. If you asked asked me in 2003 when Vince would retire I would have said 33 or 34 years old. He was injury prone and aloof. Last guy I expected to have extreme longevity and morph into a grey beard who does all the little things
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • Completely agree that with VC, it was a matter of character and how much he applied himself. Talent wise he was on par with Kobe, but never dedicated himself the same way.

            Part of the reason I kept wondering why people wanted him back here a couple seasons ago. That is not the guy I would want mentoring the young players in the locker room.

            Comment


            • DanH wrote: View Post
              Meh, ignoring the league around them is silly. Many of the top players now are more efficient than the top players back then.

              Heck, I think Kawhi is better than Vince. But a lot of players now are better than their equivalent players from decades ago. The league is better now. When you refer to superstars, you are talking about players with respect to the league at the time. Vince graded out amazingly well in his too short prime.
              Even so, Prime VC only made only 2 all-NBA teams (2nd & 3rd), so you can make a good argument for top 10, but top 5 really pushing it, especially factoring in defense. Jason Kidd was All-NBA 1st team because of total impact (offense & defense), even though he wasn't much of a scorer.

              Comment


              • golden wrote: View Post
                Even so, Prime VC only made only 2 all-NBA teams (2nd & 3rd), so you can make a good argument for top 10, but top 5 really pushing it, especially factoring in defense. Jason Kidd was All-NBA 1st team because of total impact (offense & defense), even though he wasn't much of a scorer.
                Meh, DeMar made all-NBA 2nd and no one thinks (or should, anyway) that he's top 10.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • TRex wrote: View Post
                  Vince is STILL the greatest player in franchise history. Nothing really has changed. He was a TRUE franchise player unlike Lowry and DeRozan.

                  Yes, DeRozan has more points than Vince. But that's mostly because he played here A LOT longer than Vince lol.

                  Kawhi has a chance to surpass Vince as the GROAT -- IF he re-signs.
                  "True franchise player" based on fucking what?

                  He didn't do anything in the playoffs. He never even led us to 50 wins in an EXTREMELY weak eastern conference.

                  Comment


                  • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                    "True franchise player" based on fucking what?

                    He didn't do anything in the playoffs. He never even led us to 50 wins in an EXTREMELY weak eastern conference.
                    First of all, why are you always so angry? lol

                    Second, he didn't do anything in the playoffs?




                    Third, he never led us to a 50 win season because he was you know....the ONLY good player on the team.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • TRex wrote: View Post
                      First of all, why are you always so angry? lol

                      It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                      Comment


                      • TRex wrote: View Post
                        First of all, why are you always so angry? lol

                        Second, he didn't do anything in the playoffs?




                        Third, he never led us to a 50 win season because he was you know....the ONLY good player on the team.
                        I'm angry because I'm a bad and dangerous person.

                        Moving on.

                        Congrats he had a duel with AI (who is also overrated btw) that he lost... in the 2nd round. That isn't dominating in the playoffs.

                        Comment


                        • Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          I'm angry because I'm a bad and dangerous person.
                          Bad and dangerous are the 2 best Michael Jackson albums

                          Yes Joey it's still the offseason
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Bad and dangerous are the 2 best Michael Jackson albums

                              Yes Joey it's still the offseason

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post
                                Meh, DeMar made all-NBA 2nd and no one thinks (or should, anyway) that he's top 10.
                                Exactly my point, even more so.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X